Saucy

Nikola Mirotic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wisegeeks said:

so.. any updates on his injury??

Forget about the injury, he already played his last game for NOLA. His next game will be right after the deadline for his new team. At least he is gaining interest from 50% of the teams in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think he returns this season? I really need him for 3s on my team and if he can't return within a week I'm seriously considering trading for a healthy player with similar value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Does anyone think he returns this season? I really need him for 3s on my team and if he can't return within a week I'm seriously considering trading for a healthy player with similar value

I get it's frustrating but he's not going to just sit out for the next 2 months or so. He's either not quite healthy just yet, or they are holding him out until the deadline. So, he may not be back in a week.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a feeling he could be send to the Sixers, they need a stretch 4 bad

Edited by Tyboogie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, squid-jesus said:

Does anyone think he returns this season? I really need him for 3s on my team and if he can't return within a week I'm seriously considering trading for a healthy player with similar value

100% he will return. He will be traded at the deadline for sure. The reports are that a half a dozen teams are interested in him. So many teams need stretch 4, so the only problem with him will be his health. For now, Pels will not play him to protect their trade chip. Hold, at least until you find out who will be his next team. Jazz, Nets, Rockets, Hornets are looking like the best destinations for him. Sixers, Blazzers, Thunder and Kings are so-so for me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously hope he gets traded. If the AD to Lakers trade happens and Miro doesn't get traded, he'll be droppable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

50 minutes ago, yeet said:

I seriously hope he gets traded. If the AD to Lakers trade happens and Miro doesn't get traded, he'll be droppable.

Why do you think that? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

 

Why do you think that? 

Mirotic is already coming off the bench with lower minutes, can you imagine adding Kuzma and Ingram to the mix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must have some plan or landing spot options/teams lined up for Mirotic whether or not an AD trade goes down.  I mean Mirotic is a huge trade piece for NO that they need to move regardless of an AD deal getting done before the deadline. Many teams covet his 3 point shooting.  i think if an AD deal goes down before the deadline Mirotic is going to be somehow involved with a third team to make it happen . He's the one piece NO really needs to move now regardless of AD.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

They must have some plan or landing spot options/teams lined up for Mirotic whether or not an AD trade goes down.  I mean Mirotic is a huge trade piece for NO that they need to move regardless of an AD deal getting done before the deadline. Many teams covet his 3 point shooting.  i think if an AD deal goes down before the deadline Mirotic is going to be somehow involved with a third team to make it happen . He's the one piece NO really needs to move now regardless of AD.  

Demps is not a retard - I think AD stays till the summer but he might get shut down since he is so valuable. Mirotic, Randle, Elf, Moore on the other hand might be on their way out soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikola Mirotic (right calf) is doubtful to play on Wednesday in Chicago.

It looks like Wednesday will mark Mirotic's seventh straight game out of the lineup, and we may not see him take the floor again until after the trade deadline. 
 
At least he's doubtful instead of ruled out way in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucks interested in Mirotic. Not good, not good at all. So many teams out there need starting stretch 4...:unsure:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, montanski said:

Bucks interested in Mirotic. Not good, not good at all. So many teams out there need starting stretch 4...:unsure:

Every single team in the playoff hunt should be in on Mirotic, right? He is the best stretch 4 available and he can catch fire and carry a team during any game. I would love to see him go to Houston, but the other options won't be terrible because even off of the bench Mirotic finds a way to get shots and carve out a role. Getting caught up in the rumors is just a way to get stressed. Best to just wait for an actual deal to take place and assess it unless you are trying to buy low right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems if he gets +25 minutes off the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been pretty much useless right now anyways. getting traded to a bad team will at least give us clarity to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Every single team in the playoff hunt should be in on Mirotic, right? He is the best stretch 4 available and he can catch fire and carry a team during any game. I would love to see him go to Houston, but the other options won't be terrible because even off of the bench Mirotic finds a way to get shots and carve out a role. Getting caught up in the rumors is just a way to get stressed. Best to just wait for an actual deal to take place and assess it unless you are trying to buy low right now. 

No, no. I drafted Miro this season and i promised to myself that we will be together `til redraft do us apart :lol:.

 

I agree, half of the teams were rumored with him, but posted this report, because that`s the first team, in which he will him less mins that we all want here (he can be productive everywhere, but can be beast in some of the suitors). I prefer Rockets, Jazz, Nets... the teams all of us, Niko`s owners prefer. I think with Philly out of the market and around 25 hrs until the deadline, i will be enough stressed with his situation ;). And as Okafor`s owner - double stressed :lol:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikola Mirotic will be traded to the Bucks for Stanley Johnson and Jason Smith, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.
It was almost assured that Mirotic would be traded by the deadline, but the Bucks are a surprise destination. It's a great fit for a team that takes 41.6% of their shot attempts from beyond the arc, the second-highest rate in the league behind Houston. Mirotic should slot into a sixth-man role and receive tons of wide-open looks thanks to Milwaukee's defense-collapsing penetration and passing, so he's in a nice spot for fantasy purposes. He's still recovering from a strained calf, though, and may not make his Bucks debut until after the break. When he is cleared it will be bad news for Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson. Feb 7 - 12:55 PM

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been a brutal trade deadline for my team

Tobias joins Butler and hurts both their values

Miro joins Bledsoe and hurts both their values 

AD may sit the rest of the year or be effectively neutered

MArc Gasol can't seem to be traded releasing JJJ

 

None of my hopes have come true so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hope he at least plays for the bucks soon, but not sure if we'll be able to analyze his value unless he's caught up to speed and that may take 2 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...