Saucy

Nikola Mirotic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Added Saric earlier today (hours before the news that he will remain in the starting lineup), so i am prepared to rest this guy in peace on my bench or maybe on my IR spot for the remainder of the season. I really wanted Miro to get back his first 2 months form, but Gentry, injuries, trade to Bucks - too bad luck this season for him... and his owners.

4 hours ago, montanski said:

Added Saric earlier today (hours before the news that he will remain in the starting lineup), so i am prepared to rest this guy in peace on my bench or maybe on my IR spot for the remainder of the season. I really wanted Miro to get back his first 2 months form, but Gentry, injuries, trade to Bucks - too bad luck this season for him... and his owners.

Saric might really be better ROS, but the only think keeping me from picking him up is his horrible PO schedule.

4 hours ago, montanski said:

Yea this guy doesn;t really exist for me anymore. He will stay in my IR slot for as long as possible. 

• Like 1

agreed, he's on my IR but don't think i may even activate him unless someone gets hurt. 

• Like 2

The Beat Writer for Bucks said Mirotic might play 18-22 minutes off the bench when fully integrated. Are you guys worried? Seems awfully low...

3 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

The Beat Writer for Bucks said Mirotic might play 18-22 minutes off the bench when fully integrated. Are you guys worried? Seems awfully low...

Sort of, but my expectations for him are low now. On my team's build I just need him to hit some 3s and have some decent peripheral stats every game, keep the FG/FT% consistent. I actually keep forgetting he's back soon so I'm in a position where I see it as a help to have him again

I was sure he would get 23-25 minutes at least. Even up to 30 minutes when in full swing. Obviously it is a Budenholzer offense, so nothing is guaranteed unless your name is Giannis.

I actually activated him from my IL

Dragic will take his IL spot for the meantime

I'm keeping firmly planted on my IR until it becomes clear where his role resides... 

Plus I need the time to figure out whether Okafor is going to have free reign the rest of the way

In the end I mocked out how the minutes were being distributed and how I thought he would slot into them and it looked like 22 - 25 was doable unless they REALLY want to keep Ersan at a steady role (which they maybe do for depth purposes and keeping him involved)

I recall a few years ago Mirza Teletovic had a nice role as a stretch four for the bucks. Totally different offense this year but hoping Miro can at the very least carve out 22 minutes as the primary bench offensive weapon. 

Keep your hopes up with Miro off bench. It was in Chicago where he blew up when he came off the bench, after that fighting injury with Portis.

With that said, ideally I hope it’s more than 22-25 mins.

Switched Embiid on the IR spot, but i think Miro and Barton are favorites for the crown "most dropped player" in 2 weeks. At this point, i have no expectation for him at all. And what offers i rejected for him in october and november...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

14 mins... Anyone watch how he looked?

8 pts 2 threes in 14 mins, I think it’s clear.

More mins, keep. Low mins, adios.

He was on a minutes restriction, if 14 minutes is a restriction then he should be up around 20 when he's back full speed. 

I think he'll be OK. 

He was being shuttled in and out of the lineup trying to ease him back in.  Another case of why it's good to actually watch games instead of chasing box scores and then panicking.

• Like 2

For my fellow Miro owners... if he avg 18pts 5.5reb 3ast 1.5stocks (in some combination) 2 treys would you be happy?

Because I'm staring at Cedi Osman on waivers and I think he does at least that the ROS (except maybe the block component of the stocks), and that without the potential blowout games where Miro doesn't play very much at all...

14 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

For my fellow Miro owners... if he avg 18pts 5.5reb 3ast 1.5stocks (in some combination) 2 treys would you be happy?

Because I'm staring at Cedi Osman on waivers and I think he does at least that the ROS (except maybe the block component of the stocks), and that without the potential blowout games where Miro doesn't play very much at all...

Thats projection is a dream for Miro as he would need a an injury or 2 to be able to come close to that projection. I’d pick up Cedi and not look back. Cedi is guaranteed pt, Miro is going to be lucky to get 24 per. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

The problem with Osman is his lack of effectiveness. If you can absorb some disaster nights in %s cats (and not only there), the pick is worth.

This numbers are impossible for Miro ROS, at least in this universe.

Thinking back though when Miro initially hurt his ankle, got sick and then lost his starting job and the fears I had and @montanski came to fruition as Miro has been hurt or average since. Yea he got traded but if he stayed on the Pels its prob just as bad of a situation or worse. All the overreaction posts I got its really funny just looking back. Those posters have completely disappeared since. Usually works out like that anyway. 

Apparently he's a buy low.