Saucy

Nikola Mirotic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, montanski said:

If my life is on the line and i must choose between Shaq with 1 FTA or Randle with 1 3PA, i will go with Diesel. Enough said for Randle in Gentry's system and his battle with Miro for playing time.

That’s a weird analogy.  Shaq averaged over 52% career FT for his career and even Stephen Curry doesn’t average 52% from beyond the arch. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

That’s a weird analogy.  Shaq averaged over 52% career FT for his career and even Stephen Curry doesn’t average 52% from beyond the arch. 

I think he's implying the 3 point shooter would have the chance to set and shoot with no defenders. For comparison's sake, Steph hit 47/50 in practice one time in 2017. 2018 Randle taking a practice 3 vs 2018 Shaq in his TNT getup may be a coin flip. Still a strange analogy.

• Like 2

No AD tonight....here is hoping Mirotic can have a decent game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Supposedly Mirotic suffered a sprained ankle against the Bulls? DTD on ESPN. Had no prior knowledge of this.. anyone know anything?

I read somewhere that he went through practice with an ankle brace on. The article seemed to think it wasn't a big deal since he practiced

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thezing1 said:

I read somewhere that he went through practice with an ankle brace on. The article seemed to think it wasn't a big deal since he practiced

Hmm this is a little bit concerning, I hope he is able to regain full health. He is playing out of his mind so I wouldn't mind him sitting 1-2 games to get his bearings back.

Just now, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Hmm this is a little bit concerning, I hope he is able to regain full health. He is playing out of his mind so I wouldn't mind him sitting 1-2 games to get his bearings back.

If the team was winning maybe that might be a possibility. But they are sliding and banged up. They aren't deep to begin with so I imagine everyone is playing that can play. Randle, Elf, Mirotoc, AD.... That is a lot of talent dinged up

Just now, thezing1 said:

If the team was winning maybe that might be a possibility. But they are sliding and banged up. They aren't deep to begin with so I imagine everyone is playing that can play. Randle, Elf, Mirotoc, AD.... That is a lot of talent dinged up

Ouch.. this is not a good forecast for the Pelicans. The pace they play + dinged up - no bueno 

3 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Ouch.. this is not a good forecast for the Pelicans. The pace they play + dinged up - no bueno 

They will grind through it. They rank 4th in pace and Gentry said they should be first by far. They won't alter their play due to bumps and bruises. And that is awesome for those that have pelicans players. 

Honestly, we have no idea how hurt these guys are. Chances are any NBA player that gets 10+ mpg is less than 100% right now

• Thanks 1

Blurb seems to say that it's not that serious. My team thankfully outperformed with their 3s this week. Niko has been slumping from beyond the arc. 

42 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

They will grind through it. They rank 4th in pace and Gentry said they should be first by far. They won't alter their play due to bumps and bruises. And that is awesome for those that have pelicans players. 

Honestly, we have no idea how hurt these guys are. Chances are any NBA player that gets 10+ mpg is less than 100% right now

Remember Gentry was an AC under Pringles D'Antoni during the 7 second offense days in Phoenix, he's bringing it back full force lol.

All my players are basically dead so why not have Miro also miss the game. 

Edited by chud12

12 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Do you think he'll actually suit up today? Kinda need the 3PMs since Curry is out and RoCo just got traded..I have Harrell but not really digging the match up vs the Bucks.

I don't have any other PFs besides Mirotic and Harrell

1 hour ago, yungwasabi said:

Do you think he'll actually suit up today? Kinda need the 3PMs since Curry is out and RoCo just got traded..I have Harrell but not really digging the match up vs the Bucks.

I don't have any other PFs besides Mirotic and Harrell

I expect him to play. I think people are letting their minds eace because there is no news but the reality is that it is minor so there is probably no reason to provide news. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, chud12 said:

Out tonight. More injuries.  Super cool 

Yep. He is out tonight. Some weird stuff out in NOP. 

• Like 1

Sprained his right ankle trying to get that rebound at the end of the game. He's being helped to the locker room as the game ends. Man this is depressing. We need this guy to stay healthy!

• Sad 1