Sign in to follow this  
lvsaint429

Had to Veto this deal...I’m right, RIGHT???

As the Commish, I process trades & I usually let everything go. Tomorrow is our trade deadline (we always end trades when the bye weeks start) & I got this accepted deal:

Julio Jones, Duke Johnson, Frank Gore

for

Robert Woods, Dion Lewis, Greg  Zuerlein (IR)

I had to veto this one & tell them to try again. 

There would’ve been a mutiny if I let this go right?

That is a really sketchy trade.... even if it was Julio alone for all them. I would  probably veteo this as a commish too, obviously if the entire league agreed as well 

its really bad but i wouldn't veto any trades outside mitigating circumstances: evidence of collusion, an owner accidentally accepts, mistake, or one of the owners is very new or young.

Idk I don't think it's that bad. A little bit in favor of Julio side. Woods is still good though, Lewis can have some good games in ppr, and Z should be best kicker in the league if he can come back healthy. Coulda been worse.

• Like 1

It’s a lopsided trade but not worth a veto. A veto because of collusion is ok. A veto because of a lot of people being butthurt isn’t really imho. Maybe the guy is a rams fan. :)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, n9694 said:

yea...the injured kicker really broke the camels back.

i'd veto it too.

That’s what did it for me. I’m actually pretty lenient on trades though. Never felt I needed to step in before this one. I know a couple of other guys were wound up over it, so there would’ve been problems. I messaged one of the guys & said I’d approve if they threw out the Gore-Zuerlein part. Julio/Duke for Woods/Lewis. To me, the Julio/Duke side is the #1 & #4 of the deal. 

Edited by lvsaint429

6 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

That’s what did it for me. I’m actually pretty lenient on trades though. Never felt I needed to step in before this one. I know a couple of other guys were wound up over it, so there would’ve been problems. I messaged one of the guys & said I’d approve if they threw out the Gore-Zuerlein part. Julio/Duke for Woods/Lewis. To me, the Julio/Duke side is the #1 & #4 of the deal. 

If Julio/Duke for Woods/Lewis is fine why care about Gore and Z? Both don't have much value and they're just switching them?

• Like 1

Julio Jones > Woods.

But Lewis > Gore + Johnson.

Add the best kicker in the game as a lottery ticket...

I don't think it's that unreasonable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

If Julio/Duke for Woods/Lewis is fine why care about Gore and Z? Both don't have much value and they're just switching them?

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

woods has 7 tds last 15 games

julio has 9 tds last 33 games

just saying

I agree with both points, as Woods is better than people give him credit for. Julio has this valued reputation that he hasn’t truly lived up to recently. But trading a kicker on IR for a RB splitting time? Can’t let that go. 

I would take the Zuerlein side of the Gore/Zuerlein part every time. Why is that so difficult to get?? Once he comes back which will be soon, he will be the number one kicker. Meanwhile Gore sits as an FA in most of my leagues and Zuerlein is still on rosters. Why? Because Zuerlein is more valuable than Gore, even from an IR slot. 

Let it go! Don’t veto. It sets a bad precedent. Two adults got what they think are good deals. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GoBlue41 said:

Two adults got what they think are good deals. 

This. But @lvsaint429, are you trying to protect them from bad trades, or do you suspect something fishy is going on?

Are the owners family or good friends or something? If you just think one side is stupid, let them be - it's a money league, right?

I wouldn’t veto because I don’t think there’s collusion involved, then again, I don’t know these people but maybe the guy is afraid Julio is bound to have a lackluster fantasy year, like last year because of Ridleys emergence. Just a theory.

• Like 1

At first glance i automatically thought veto.  But some valid points have been made here.  And some good trades happen off of big names being sold high.  Ridley is really the one getting the endzone targets in atl.  And the fear could be true.  As far as best kicker nonsense.  I really dont look to far into that.  Any kicker can be denied opportunities based on game flow.  But again some valid points have been made regarding value.  I wouldnt veto this after really rhjnking about it

thanks for your help on mine

• Like 1

I agree with everyone in this thread that believes a trade shouldn't be vetoed without evidence of collusion or error. However, even if you play in a weak league that allows trades to be vetoed simply because people think one side is more favorable than another, this one isn't even close to being the worst I've seen. I like referring to CBS's weekly Trade Value Chart (Fantasy Pros puts one out too) to get a general idea of player values. They'd say the Julio side is worth 29 points and the Woods/Lewis side is worth 24 (Julio valued at 29, Woods at 14 and Lewis at 10, with Duke Johnson, Gore and Zuerlin having no particular trade value).

I wouldn't get hung up on the collateral pieces tacked on - this is primarily a 2 for 1 deal. Bottom line - if someone makes the decision that Julio's value has significantly decreased, let him trade him away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't love the trade but wouldn't veto.  Doesn't seem like collusion and you can't protect all the teams in the league from making bad trades. If you did that half this forum would lose its "How did I do" gloating trade subjects.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/722894-zuerlein-minlac-dst-problem-3-voting-options/

Edited by DukeVBall

I would not veto.  I play in a league where someone values greg the leg as a wr2 because he basically carried his team for a long stretch.  The fact that you got a bunch of people on here saying its not that bad.... means to menits absolutely not a veto.  Vetos are for 95% sure and up

This is not a veto to me.  You don't veto unbalanced trades, you veto trades that look like collusion.

Hands off commish.  Don’t be spun up on this.  Gore and Greg the leg both waiver fodder and the rest of the deal is preference.  

Not a veto.  And not a league I’d want to be in

• Like 2

7 hours ago, urbank07 said:

Idk I don't think it's that bad. A little bit in favor of Julio side. Woods is still good though, Lewis can have some good games in ppr, and Z should be best kicker in the league if he can come back healthy. Coulda been worse.

Seems fine to me as well. Would rather have Julio, but bogus veto.

• Like 1

I am in the camp of no veto unless obvious collusion.  In this case, the K jumps off the page but could have been a throw in for a three for three deal.  This is two people who agreed to terms for whatever reason.  Let it go through.