MrBean

Jeremy Lamb 2018-2019 Season Outlook

No Dwight. Batum moves back to SF. What do we expect on his 7th season?

2017-2018 : 12.9 ppg, 4.1 rebs, 2.3 asts, 1.2 3s, 0.8 stls, 0.4 blks, 45.7 FG%, 86.1 FT% and 1.2 TOs on 80 games (18 as a starter). 

6 hours ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

I expect him to put up approx the same stats he did last year. 

Yep. Batum at SF. Malik Monk will be main competition this year so Lamb may get a few less minutes. If Monk starts as some point this year then Lamb stats (minutes) will be down 10-20%. 

Monk and Walker both about 6' 2" so that is a small starting back court. I would think that Hornets would like to see Monk step up this year but maybe it's best to have Lamb starting and Monk off the bench. Either way I think both Lamb and Monk get 24-28 minutes per game this year.

I expect a modest uptick due to the faster pace, Lamb entering his prime, and a few more minutes and usage because of personnel changes.

Edited by Meadowlark

I've been targeting him with my last pick in the draft, he was way too much upside. All of Dwight's shots will be available, he may start, and he has improved the last two seasons. I think this is the season we get a full break out. I don't think 16/5/3 on 46/36/80 with 1.5 3ptm 1.2 stls and .5 blocks is out of the question.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Judicious said:

I've been targeting him with my last pick in the draft, he was way too much upside. All of Dwight's shots will be available, he may start, and he has improved the last two seasons. I think this is the season we get a full break out. I don't think 16/5/3 on 46/36/80 with 1.5 3ptm 1.2 stls and .5 blocks is out of the question.  

Steals might be out of the question but everything else is definetly possibile!

He's a slightly better defender than Monk is ( not good by any means ), which is why I think he'll start. Won't matter much anyways as I see a 24 minute split.

One of my favs though. He was basically the Hornets second best player last season. Late bloomer, but better late than never. 

What are people thinking after the pre-season glimpses? Defense surely has him as the starter over Monk who seems suited to the Will Lou instant offense role off the bench. As a starter for 18 games last year he put up 15.7/5.6/3.3 and 0.4/0.7 (blk/stl) on 1.7 triples and 1.9 TOs on 45/39/74%...that is really nice value, easily top 75. He could probably reach those numbers pretty easy in an up tempo system sans Dwight. Definitely some late round sleeper value here right?

• Like 2

Took him round 12 in 12 man 9 cat for this exact reason. Hype and late picks make season more fun and give you streaming options if they don’t pan out.

There were much worse options than Lamb at that time, also.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:04 AM, Jake the snake said:

What are people thinking after the pre-season glimpses? Defense surely has him as the starter over Monk who seems suited to the Will Lou instant offense role off the bench. As a starter for 18 games last year he put up 15.7/5.6/3.3 and 0.4/0.7 (blk/stl) on 1.7 triples and 1.9 TOs on 45/39/74%...that is really nice value, easily top 75. He could probably reach those numbers pretty easy in an up tempo system sans Dwight. Definitely some late round sleeper value here right?

Following up on @Jake the snake projection, do we still think  Lamb can put up these numbers this year?  Can he improve on them without Dwight in town?

3 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Following up on @Jake the snake projection, do we still think  Lamb can put up these numbers this year?  Can he improve on them without Dwight in town?

Dwight outta town might be beneficial, however, you have a fully healthy Batum again, and @Jake the snake already mentions Monk off the bench, but also Bridges had a terrific pre-season. They are all going to be in the rotation for two spots. I hope to see the Hornets going small, with Bridges at the 4, which might help everyone's case.

1 hour ago, Martindej said:

Dwight outta town might be beneficial, however, you have a fully healthy Batum again, and @Jake the snake already mentions Monk off the bench, but also Bridges had a terrific pre-season. They are all going to be in the rotation for two spots. I hope to see the Hornets going small, with Bridges at the 4, which might help everyone's case.

They've already said batum is going back to the 3, Monk is 6th man and a combo guard and bridges is never going to play the 2 spot... All lamb needs is solid play and he has an easy route to 30+ mins. At worst it's very high 20s (~28mpg)

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

You guys in roto league starting Lamb tonight?  Rotoworld blurb for Miles Bridges says Borrego will play anywhere from 8-13 players tonight... Has me a little concern.  Don't want to burn a game if Lamb is going to get inconsistent minutes...  Wait & see approach?

Not worrying. 1st game overreaction is normal. Very small sample. Monk was activity tonight gave him more minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My biggest concern with Monk would be that they had him in until the end of the game in a close game, and even trusted him with a contested 3 (that he made) with like a minute left.  

47 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

Dam, what you guys think about his performance tonight? Outplayed by Monk?

there's no reason to hold him if monk is on your wire

9 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

drop for monk or osman

Take ur personal team question in the asb section...come on, your a senior member, know better then to cluster these boards with these types of posts 

9 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Take ur personal team question in the asb section...come on, your a senior member, know better then to cluster these boards with these types of posts 

it’s not a question. I would have included a “?”.  I’m telling people to drop for monk or osman.

and fyi this is posted in the asb section before I made this comment.

Edited by thrilla1nManila

I'll give him a few more games.  bad shooting night.  Still got 11 shots up

Edited by summersoff7
  • Like 1

Eh, I'm not really seeing it with Lamb.

Kemba/Batum are the main ball handlers, he kind of just stands in the corner and waits to get the ball.

Gonna drop him for someone more promising unless I see something in the 2nd half.

Dropped him at first and picked up Hood. Thank god nobody picked him up though, cause now I dropped Hood for him.