Sign in to follow this  
DukeVBall

Zuerlein, MIN/LAC DST Problem: 3 voting options

0-3 last place team here. WW inverses to order of standings every week, so I'll have a top 3 chance to get someone back. Worried if I drop Zuerlein, someone stashes him in their IR spot. Please vote on option.

WW def avail: NYJ, MIA, CLE, CAR, WAS, DET

K avail: Parkey, Rosas, Fairbairn, Vinatieri

Option A: Start MIN def vs LAR, drop LAC defense, keep Zuerlein

Option B: Start LAC defense vs SF, drop MIN def, keep Zuerlein

Option C: Start LAC def vs SF, keep MIN def, drop Zuerlein

I also have this weird feeling that the MIN def is coming to play tonight.... But might just be blindly hopeful. I should start LAC vs SF over MIN vs LAR right?

Edited by DukeVBall

Let me order your questions differently:

1) Start 
1a) MIN def vs LAR or 
1b) LAC defense vs SF

I hate TNF games and don't want to start my studs in them. Defs should do well, but I here I am not confident Minny will do well against LAR. On the other hand, LAC should absolutely murder SF. I can claim LAC from the waiver in one league and will probably do so.

The second question, drop or keep:
2a) MIN def
2b) LAC def
2c) Zuerlein

So clearly you keep LAC (in my mind), and then who do you drop? Well, many people will tell you it's not worth fussing about defs and Ks at all.

I don't fully agree with that, but given that you are 0-3, you need to hit a homerun on your skill players. If you can't put Zuerlein on IR, then drop both and get some guys from the waiver or FA that can make a difference in your team in the future. Keep them on the bench this weekend, and see who is a hit.

Good luck man!

24 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

So clearly you keep LAC (in my mind), and then who do you drop? Well, many people will tell you it's not worth fussing about defs and Ks at all.

I don't fully agree with that, but given that you are 0-3, you need to hit a homerun on your skill players. If you can't put Zuerlein on IR, then drop both and get some guys from the waiver or FA that can make a difference in your team in the future. Keep them on the bench this weekend, and see who is a hit.

Agree with all of this.  The LAC are the start and the keep.  There have to be some high upside guys on the wire for you if they get a shot due to injury or something.

I would start LAC & drop Greg the leg. At 0-3, I agree that you need to find position players to help your team. Thanks for mine & good luck!