Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

Enes Kanter, man. Elite percentages, probably the best you'll find for a big man past Davis and KAT (59.2% on 10.0 fga/g with 84.8% on 2.6 fta/g). Great rebounder and provides solid scoring and turnover numbers but is horrible in steal and blocks, especially for a center. He contributes nothing in assists, and although he has stated that he will add a 3pt shot this year, has been a zero in that category as well. Are you guys targeting him this year? There have been some questions surrounding his playing time with Mitchell Robinson on the rise, but he's got such a unique skillset that he could be very useful in certain builds.

Where would you target him in the draft

I don't think there will be any problems with his minutes, he just needs 25 minutes to be a top 50 asset. Even if Robinson plays 20+ mpg, which is highly unlikely, Kanter will still get his job done.

He's probably the best big for a punt blocks build, since he's such a huge anchor in FG% and REB. I also like him in roto, in case you couldn't get any decent big early on and you want to boost those two cats without hurting your FT% 

He's a liability on defense, but someone on this Knicks team has to put the ball in the basket ( lol at Tim Hardaway bum ). He's should still see the bulk of the C minutes.

Even though the Knicks are the Knicks, he's the player I have most confidence in his role will never flip-flop besides Porzingis. 

Edited by Trench Mob

Kanter seems to be flying under the radar ... hes going to have a monster year compared to his ADP.  I can easily see him putting up 18/11 on amazing %s.    Easy top 50 with possibly top 35-40 potential.  No reason he won't see 30+ minutes a night unles the local Knick fans know something that i don't...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MNDOGG said:

Kanter seems to be flying under the radar ... hes going to have a monster year compared to his ADP.  I can easily see him putting up 18/11 on amazing %s.    Easy top 50 with possibly top 35-40 potential.  No reason he won't see 30+ minutes a night unles the local Knick fans know something that i don't...

He's a liability on defense and knicks have nothing to play(they are in tank mode),they also want to develop mitchell robinson

But kanter should play around high 20s minutes and that's enough for him provide top 50 value

2 minutes ago, kane said:

He's a liability on defense and knicks have nothing to play(they are in tank mode),they also want to develop mitchell robinson

But kanter should play around high 20s minutes and that's enough for him provide top 50 value

Yeah hes perfect for a team in tank mode... ha

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

But then the only thing is when the games matter(fantasy playoffs) most, he will be bench or play limited minutes for the younger guys like Robinson to develope. We all know kanter can ball but on a team that will not have a chance to make the playoffs, his value is where he is draft.  If u draft him be ready to trade him before all the roto news about possible shutdown comes out.

20 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

But then the only thing is when the games matter(fantasy playoffs) most, he will be bench or play limited minutes for the younger guys like Robinson to develope. We all know kanter can ball but on a team that will not have a chance to make the playoffs, his value is where he is draft.  If u draft him be ready to trade him before all the roto news about possible shutdown comes out.

I am in a roto league so that is not as big of a conern.. but for H2H its definitely something to consider. Though  these days any player on a non playoff bound team is at risk for shut down

Edited by MNDOGG

2 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

basically drummond without stocks

and a waaayyyyy better FT%

pretty crucial

• Like 4

got him for $1 as the last pick of my 10-team auction league...the league counts double doubles too, so hopefully he can build on last year.

i am a little worried about the knicks tryna develop the younger guys tho.

21 hours ago, scienze said:

got him for $1 as the last pick of my 10-team auction league...the league counts double doubles too, so hopefully he can build on last year.

i am a little worried about the knicks tryna develop the younger guys tho.

your league sounds weird as s---... Bledose for 5€, Lauri for 9 and Kanter for 1€ in a league that counts DDs?! what happened at that draft? who else went for ridiculous prices? 

Edited by ShaHerpes Lashiqua
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShaHerpes Lashiqua said:

your league sounds weird as s---... Bledose for 5€, Lauri for 9 and Kanter for 1€ in a league that counts DDs?! what happened at that draft? who else went for ridiculous prices? 

2ntb5a8.jpg

ekevk6.jpg

im WH BLEEZYS .. weird, right? 

10 and 8 team leagues usually have funky auction valuations because the waiver wire will have a lot of very good players available, so it's best to blow all your auction money on as many elite players as possible, and fill with $1 players the rest, as you'll be streaming a lot. The great majority of fantasy leagues use the 12 team format, which is considered "standard". You'll never see Kanter go for $1 in a standard auction league.

• Like 2

Just wanted to note that Kanter may have additional value this year in 3s.  He's taken two tonight, made one, and the commentators made it a point to highlight that Coach Fizdale has asked him to extend his range this year, including taking 3s.

If he can maintain his gaudy double doubles on good %s while also adding, say, 0.7 threes a game, he'll be money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love that I got him at the perfect time. People even clowned me when I picked him. Now they're in awe with how well he's doing. 

Just wondering if his owners should sell high on him. I can see the Knicks developing young guys sooner than later.

Never trade Kanter away. Not many people truly value his contributions and he doesn't have the name recognition. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bengalo said:

Just wondering if his owners should sell high on him. I can see the Knicks developing young guys sooner than later.

I wouldn't but it totally depends on your build.  His points, FG%, and rebounds can be linchpin for your squad and he might be doing better than expected right now, but if you need those three cats from your center, what are you gonna trade him for?  If you don't need them, what did you draft him for?  But if you find yourself in the latter case, there's no better time to sell than now.

Sigh.............

I hope this line-up change doesn't affect him too much if at all. God I hate the Knicks.

Their most consistent guy so far so yeah, let's bench him 

Knicks gonna Knicks