Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

Is Portland really going to make Nurk a 22-25 min player, I don’t see it. Nurk is havinga career year. 

4 minutes ago, mortl said:

move aminu to sf play kanter at pf ? 

If the Blazers want to give up 175 points a game this is the way to go.

• Haha 1

With several teams in on him, I would think he signed with the one that promised him the most playing time. All this dude wants to do is play basketball. 

• Like 1

Tough landing spot. Nurk is at about 28 MPG these days so that's 20 to be divided up between Kanter, Leonard, and Collins depending on the matchup. Can't think of too many games where the Blazers could get away with a Kanter/Nurk lineup so we're likely looking at 15-18 MPG. He should have some nice usage in the second unit since the Blazers don't have too much bench scoring, but he looks like only a real deep league guy for now.

Edited by BillWalton
  • Like 1

Kanter averaged 25 minutes last season and averaged 14/11 on .59%/.848. I'm assuming his % stays the same and his counting states take a dip now that he gets around 20-22 minutes.

Kanter will probably get atleast 20-25 minutes. Several teams were in on him so doubt he only gets 15 mins. 

1 minute ago, mortl said:

Kanter will probably get atleast 20-25 minutes. Several teams were in on him so doubt he only gets 15 mins. 

If he’s only playing center there is zero chance they split the center minutes down the middle with Nurk. Nurk is a far superior defender. Your vision is a dream imo. 

• Like 2

And let’s not forget Nurk is a better offensive player than Kanter and usually Kanter has that over who he is behind or in front of. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

will he play behind nurkic or could he possibly start at PF?...its harkless in there now.

Can't imagine they're satisfied with that, so possibly? Harkless has not been too directly this year.

21 minutes ago, mortl said:

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Blazers beat a crowded field for Kanter, including the Lakers, per sources. Kanter is an important addition for Blazers, where he'll play a good share of minutes. Portland signed Kanter to a $70M offer sheet in 2015, which OKC matched.

I don't instantly like it, but I doubt Kanter picked them without being promised some good minutes. The guy wants to play.

17 minutes ago, aMediumPace said:

With several teams in on him, I would think he signed with the one that promised him the most playing time. All this dude wants to do is play basketball. 

Yep.

1 minute ago, claptondecheeks said:

Can't imagine they're satisfied with that, so possibly? Harkless has not been too directly this year.

I don't instantly like it, but I doubt Kanter picked them without being promised some good minutes. The guy wants to play.

Yep.

Or maybe he smartened up an went with what he thought was the best chance to win while having a guaranteed role nightly. 

Would the blazers really play Leonard and Collins over him? I really can't see why he'd sign with the Blazers if he only gets 15min a night unless he picked a team that'd give him the most minutes while also contending? It's a wait and see approach but he'd no doubt be scooped ASAP.

Nurkic will play 0 minutes next to Kanter, do not delude yourself friends

Kanter might get 18 minutes a night, more when Nurkic gets in foul trouble. Don’t expect great things here Stotts isnt consistent either so some nights when he thinks Collins (or god forbid, Leonard) is the answer Kanter will play like 10 minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Would the blazers really play Leonard and Collins over him? I really can't see why he'd sign with the Blazers if he only gets 15min a night unless he picked a team that'd give him the most minutes while also contending? It's a wait and see approach but he'd no doubt be scooped ASAP.

It's possible he was guaranteed 20-25. It's also possible the Blazers were the only team willing to give him 10-15. 

While there were reports of teams being interested, that could have been agent generated. 

If you've held on to him this long, you might as well watch it play out of the next 2-3 games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I think we can all agree Kanter is the backup center now, that’s a given. I think when Nurk isn’t in foul trouble we see Kanter get 15-17 min per. We saw Kanter still do work in that role behind Adams in OKC. Reasonable ros production 10/7 with great percentages. Could be what Jonas was for the Raptors this year which is still rostersble everywhere ofcourse depending on team need. 

1 minute ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Nurkic will play 0 minutes next to Kanter, do not delude yourself friends

Kanter might get 18 minutes a night, more when Nurkic gets in foul trouble. Don’t expect great things here Stotts isnt consistent either so some nights when he thinks Collins (or god forbid, Leonard) is the answer Kanter will play like 10 minutes. 

It's not the same, but Nurkic and Jokic in their short time together in Denver occasionally shared the floor at the same time. 
Either way, there is no point speculating at this point. We should know soon enough what the Blazers plan is for Kanter. Could be 10-15, it could be 20-25. It's possible the Blazers don't exactly know what they plan to do with Kanter, but they know he is an asset off the bench. 

If he takes even 3 mpg from nurkic i'll lose it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

If he takes even 3 mpg from nurkic i'll lose it. 

Lol couldn’t agree more. 

Don't see Kanter doing much, he is efficient and will be double double threat, but he can't defend, which means Portland won't play him beyond back up to Nurk and provides 0 stocks. Less minutes and volume also means his efficiency isn't as useful. 

• Like 1

I was just about to drop him last night, but said I would hold until after the ASB. One of the few times the basketball gods were in my favor. 

3 minutes ago, adifferentlogik said:

I was just about to drop him last night, but said I would hold until after the ASB. One of the few times the basketball gods were in my favor. 

what are your projections ros? hes still on the waiver in one of my leagues but I dont know what to expect from him coming off the bench in Portland ^_^

It’s hard to project his ROS, but worth a pick up and let’s see how portland manage kanter’s time

Edited by HiramAbiff

People know he is not going the play starter minutes in any contending team. So Portland is not a bad outcome here as Nurkic plays only like 28 mins, 20 minutes at C is guaranteed. Is that enough for normal fantasy team is the question.

4 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

what are your projections ros? hes still on the waiver in one of my leagues but I dont know what to expect from him coming off the bench in Portland ^_^

I am thinking potential double double threat every night with good percentages for a big. No stocks at all but clean. Potential to blow up if given the minutes. Don't think he signed there to ride the bench, he had multiple offers so he must have been assured a nice role imo. All speculation though.

• Like 4