Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

My Roto strategy has been somewhat gutted if this holds up.

This my last year having any Knicks players. Apologies in advance towards Porzingis. 

Umm.. So I just checked BBM and they said he'll be off the bench for the forseeable future.... is it time to run?

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

Umm.. So I just checked BBM and they said he'll be off the bench for the forseeable future.... is it time to run?

Don't know what the Knicks will ultimately do but they don't have that many scoring options. They can run the starting lineup from last game (and it worked TBF) but can't see them having a consistent offense unless they use Kanter more.

Wow. Coming off the bench again. I guess I should have been more weary of the Knicks this year. 

Confused as to what I do now since I took him as my 2nd Center behind Gobert.

well sheit.....what to do with him? was hoping he put up 20-20 numbers for a stretch and then sell high on him like last year. only 2 weeks in already benched :(

I spent all morning trying to trade him away and nothing... I managed to pick up Robinson though.

Once Boogie or JJ are healthy, I might I have to cut him if his minutes decrease even more. Smh.

I wouldn't panic. Kanter was never going to be a 30+ mpg guy. He just sits in the 25-28 range. I don't think that changes too much and if anything he goes into that JVal eat mode with the second unit hopefully staggered away from THJ. I do not expect Mitch Rob to tie up 30 mpg. Kanter is still going to get minutes in the 20s. Don't do anything drastic. He is still playable in close to every format. 

• Like 1

Just now, thezing1 said:

I wouldn't panic. Kanter was never going to be a 30+ mpg guy. He just sits in the 25-28 range. I don't think that changes too much and if anything he goes into that JVal eat mode with the second unit hopefully staggered away from THJ. I do not expect Mitch Rob to tie up 30 mpg. Kanter is still going to get minutes in the 20s. Don't do anything drastic. He is still playable in close to every format. 

What would your approach be if he continues to get below 20 minutes? Bench him? 

Because I know without doubt he'll get picked up right away. 

We all knew this was coming with the Knicks in rebuild mode, just didn't know it'd be this soon. Kante is on an expiring contract as well but he can put up double doubles in 20-25 min.

4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

What would your approach be if he continues to get below 20 minutes? Bench him? 

Because I know without doubt he'll get picked up right away. 

He would be an instant pick up for me if he hit the wire and aggressive FAAB bid. 

The switch happened because Kanter gets killed vs. the Warriors. He made whole sale changes to focus on defense and switchability. I would be pretty patient and I would expect his minutes to be in the 20s. I wouldn't overreact. I know it sucks if you own him, but just try to chill and let a week go by and assess the rotations and how Mitch Rob is playing. Bench would be an option. If you don't have a games played limit then play him. He is still the same guy, just a bit less. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thezing1 said:

He would be an instant pick up for me if he hit the wire and aggressive FAAB bid. 

The switch happened because Kanter gets killed vs. the Warriors. He made whole sale changes to focus on defense and switchability. I would be pretty patient and I would expect his minutes to be in the 20s. I wouldn't overreact. I know it sucks if you own him, but just try to chill and let a week go by and assess the rotations and how Mitch Rob is playing. Bench would be an option. If you don't have a games played limit then play him. He is still the same guy, just a bit less. 

Also not a bad thing playing without Hardaway the chucker, as the primary option in the 2nd unit.

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Also not a bad thing playing without Hardaway the chucker, as the primary option in the 2nd unit.

Seems Kanter is doubtful about that given how he thinks he can be an All-Star this year (whic h I think is delusional on his part given the team he is on and the Cs in the East I'd take way before him). His success with coming off the bench will highly depend on him and his mentality/approach to being part of the 2nd unit and trusting Fizdale (who given his coaching history is hard to trust lmao) 

Kanter owners gonna have a fun ride.

Nothing to worry about fellas. He’s a walking double double. 

• Like 1

Just now, DoctorLove said:

Is kanter toast?

Not entirely. Robinson isn't ready to completely take over.

However, Kanter isn't a player you want to hold on to for the ROS. The plan is obvious that NY will go away towards him and focus on Robinson as the season progresses. 

43 minutes ago, pagkerguy8 said:

pretty sad when 26 is too old

Bad shooting night though. Not typical. 

On 10/30/2018 at 2:31 AM, ShopHeirlooms said:

Nothing to worry about fellas. He’s a walking double double. 

I still feel the same way. He just couldn’t guard Sabonis, so he couldn’t play tonight. 

35 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Highway robbery 

now .. but at the time, kanter was starting and putting up 20-12  and dragic was lookin like miami’s first option 

it’s in a double-double league too

but yea, couldn’t be happier after kanters benching