Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

Terry Stotts confirmed he will be the backup center. Nurkic won’t be losing minutes that is a guarantee so make of that what you will

On 2/9/2019 at 8:33 AM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

entitled? guy just wants to play. period. hes not really a locker room cancer. its not like hes talking s--- about his teammates. i dont think he would have been mad if he was averaging 20+ minutes a night (which he should). he was frustrated from all the DNPs. i can understand that (even if he did understand it was a rebuild year)

Only a matter of time before he starts whining about his PT backing up Nurk in Portland, and they get rid of him also.

6 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Terry Stotts confirmed he will be the backup center. Nurkic won’t be losing minutes that is a guarantee so make of that what you will

Nurkic only plays 27mpg. No one should have even thought that he was going to lose minutes. The questions are whether Kanter will get the other 20-21 minutes and will they consider playing them together against certain lineups. Nurkic spent time playing alongside Jokic in Denver. 

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Only a matter of time before he starts whining about his PT backing up Nurk in Portland, and they get rid of him also.

I don't see that. Kanter was just frustrated in NY because the team was losing intentionally and not giving him any minutes as part of their efforts to tank. The blazers have serious issues generating offense outside of Lillard/CJ/Nurkic so Kanter is a great solution to their bench scoring issues. I am sure he knows his role going in. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Nurkic only plays 27mpg. No one should have even thought that he was going to lose minutes. The questions are whether Kanter will get the other 20-21 minutes and will they consider playing them together against certain lineups. Nurkic spent time playing alongside Jokic in Denver. 

The thought of them playing alongside eachother is totally nightmare inducing for me as a Portland fan and I can almost guarantee that doesn’t happen especially because Stotts hates playing anything but stretch 4’s or 3’s next to Nurkic. Not even Collins has played much whatsoever next to Nurk and he is a thousand percent more a modern 4 than Kanter is. 

There is no way Nurk and Kanter are playing together, and Kanter is most likely not going to get all of the backup minutes. People are getting way too optimistic about what Kanter will do in high teen's minutes. Cool, he efficiently gets points and rebounds, but that efficiency is not going to be as valuable on low volume. Combine that with literally 0 steals and blocks and the fact that most teams will generally be punting one of fg% or ft%, and one of steals or blocks. That means one of the cats that Kanter is good at (fg% or ft%) is likely wasted on a lot of teams, and Kanter's complete lack of steals or blocks is a net negative in either steals or blocks as most teams won't be really punting both (I guess he's not too bad at blocks but you'd expect more out of a centre slot). 

Probably hovering around the 100 rank with a weird combination of stats that means he doesn't fit that well into a lot of punts, he's end of most benches and you can gain more value likely by just streaming that spot. Obviously this is all just speculation and he would be insane if Nurk got injured

• Like 1

If it's true that the Bulls tried to get him, then I believe that the blazers promised him a good amount of volume. Look at the minutes RoLo is playing, and the Bulls hate playing him. Granted, Kanter prob also chose the blazers bc they're contenders and this likely made concessions about his PT, but I don't think he'd accept playing 10-12 minutes.

5 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

They played next to each other and then Nurk was traded because it didn't work.

3 hours ago, FearTheBrow said:

Is he suiting up tonight?

Hope so, he's in my lineup (not too many teams are playing today, I guess). He should, he's been with them for like over a week and it's not like anyone's had anything better to do than get him integrated into the system.

Like I said Kanter gets the same role he had in OKC. 18-22 min guy with great per  percentages and a potential dub dub threat nightly. 

• Like 2

So how do you folks view Kanter moving forward ROS and heading into the playoffs?  Someone you'd prefer to have on your squad as you make your run?  Or would you rather have guys like Portis, Cedi, Isaac, etc. over him?