Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

About to package him & Aldridge for Kawhi. Owner panicked after Kawhi’s back to back news. 

I was under the mindset that Kanter was going to pick right back up to where he left off the game post benching, but the more I think about it the more I realize the youth movement is in full effect. Kanter might slowly be fazed out; the justification being that he can’t defend. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Hard to imagine him disappearing from the rotation. 

he's a free agent at the end of the season, he is clearly not in the Knicks plans, he can easily disappear...not totally, but semi.

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

he's a free agent at the end of the season, he is clearly not in the Knicks plans, he can easily disappear...not totally, but semi.

Hes already semi disappeared. I can’t see it getting any better. 

Just now, molski said:

thank God I moved him a few games ago when he has his last outburst.

1 minute ago, molski said:

You can't see it getting any better with the unproven 20 year old rookie 2nd round pick in front of him?

• Like 1

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

You can't see it getting any better with the unproven 20 year old rookie 2nd round pick in front of him?

not after Fiz's comments after the last game and his commitment to tanking.

• Like 3

Yeah if I would own Kanter... I would package him and say bye. His value seems to be nonexistant at least in my league already 12-team 15 players, yahoo h2h 9-cat

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

he's a special rookie, superstar potential

3 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Don't get me wrong, it can definitely stay like this--or get worse. But Robinson is hardly a proven commodity. To say it "can't get better" seems silly.

4 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

If they are truly committed to tanking shouldn't Kanter and Burke get all the minutes they can handle?  They have been much better defensively, way more competitive, and have even won 2 of the last 3 with Robinson/Ntilkina in the starting lineup. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hobbs28 said:

If they are truly committed to tanking shouldn't Kanter and Burke get all the minutes they can handle?  They have been much better defensively, way more competitive, and have even won 2 of the last 3 with Robinson/Ntilkina in the starting lineup. 

As Kanter owner (what was I thinking?), I am very concerned.   As much as I know,  Knicks do not have first round pick  next year.  There are changes to the draft coming next year too.  I don't  see a valid  reason for them to thank.  Youth movement seems to be the way Knicks are going and that leaves Kanter out.   Needless to say that I am trying to unload Kanter

31 minutes ago, hobbs28 said:

No, because neither are in the team's long term plans, whereas guys like Robinson and Ntilkina and Knox definitely are. So they would lose just as much either way, regardless of who they play, losing is not the issue lol...the point is they want to learn from past terrible management and actually develop young potential stars from within the organization rather than make terrible trades and signings that get them nowhere (Amare, Melo, Rose, etc.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reverb said:

Who are you guys targeting after you package Kanter and another player?

I think in a competitive league packaging him is easier said than done. 

4 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

Yo, I just traded Enes Kanter for Clint Capela, good trade for me? 

Lolol did you him trade with Kanter's mom?

• Haha 1

Why is this thread just flooded with people trading Kanter asking if it’s good ??? Lol guy still has value 

9 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Why is this thread just flooded with people trading Kanter asking if it’s good ??? Lol guy still has value 

Man just answer the question... si or no, yes or no? 

• Like 1

His value is in the top 80-100 range and not the top 40-50 range like he started. Reasons for the value drop:

- Minutes drop to develop youth

- He doesn't play defense

- He lost his job to Mitchell Robinson

He''ll have value off the bench but I think the standard line for him will be 12/10 with great %s but post all star we  could see a big drop. I'm also packaging him for another player because he does still have value but his ROS outlook is on the decline.

Edited by greatestmetfan
Quoted wrong person