Saucy

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

Is it a points league?  Otherwise we have no idea.  For all we know you just tanked your FT% for rebounds and blocks you didn't need, while losing points that you did.  We have no idea if you won or lost in a categories league and we don't care, either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LW_00 said:

Man just answer the question... si or no, yes or no? 

Well you're in the wrong area for one. Two, no one gives a s---.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molski said:

Well you're in the wrong area for one. Two, no one gives a s---.

Well go f*** off then!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

winner 

Thanks dude... even if you thought I lost the trade, I'm glad you answered... I see a few Redditors are infiltrating this wonderful fantasy basketball website.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Is it a points league?  Otherwise we have no idea.  For all we know you just tanked your FT% for rebounds and blocks you didn't need, while losing points that you did.  We have no idea if you won or lost in a categories league and we don't care, either.

Yet you take the time out of your day to write that up... go back to Reddit with that negative sh*t.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

Yet you take the time out of your day to write that up... go back to Reddit with that negative sh*t.

Positive, negative or neutral you're clogging up this thread with your personal trade. Take it to the assistant coach forum man. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

you guys think we should sell high after these last 2 games? I can't tell if NY is going to go full on with the youth movement and Kanter sees less minutes or if they keep starting the rookie but Kanter sees more minutes

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, magician1506 said:

you guys think we should sell high after these last 2 games? I can't tell if NY is going to go full on with the youth movement and Kanter sees less minutes or if they keep starting the rookie but Kanter sees more minutes

who would be your target? i think everyone in the competitive league knows that his role will keep fading away

1 minute ago, t0087669 said:

who would be your target? i think everyone in the competitive league knows that his role will keep fading away

I guess I'm questioning how much his role will actually fade down the stretch. They seem to really need his offense. Even if he can consistently get 25 minutes off the bench looks like he'll be productive.

To answer your question I was thinking of buying low on Otto Porter with him.

t

1 minute ago, charkim said:

Do you guys think Kanter may be traded later in the season? Would his value be better if it did?

theres a really good chance he gets traded imo. tough to say wether his value goes up though. if he gets 25+ minutes on the Knicks I can't see his value getting better. hes a scoring and rebounding machine when hes on the court. if he goes to a contender the minutes and rebounds may be there but no way his putting up points like he does when he plays with the Knicks. 

I tried to sell him high even before the demotion to the bench, here are the offers I made that my trade partners accepted.

Kanter + Matthews = Klay (before his record setting 3's)

Kanter + Matthews = Ibaka (before ibaka going nuts)

but it got vetoed in the end. I can say my league sucks.

1 hour ago, xellosdax said:

I tried to sell him high even before the demotion to the bench, here are the offers I made that my trade partners accepted.

Kanter + Matthews = Klay (before his record setting 3's)

Kanter + Matthews = Ibaka (before ibaka going nuts)

but it got vetoed in the end. I can say my league sucks.

no way the ibaka one was vetoable 

klay trade maybe, but i would let that slide as commish 

2 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

no way the ibaka one was vetoable 

klay trade maybe, but i would let that slide as commish 

Yeah, no way the Ibaka one should have been vetoed.  Honestly, at the time, I would have said you lost in that trade.  Oh well I guess.

As for Kanter, I'm going to just sit back and enjoy his line.  Then maybe I'll worry about considering selling high tomorrow.

• Like 1

Kanter's problem is he doesn't play defense or spread the floor.  Gives great rebounds and points per minute, so in real life basketball no team is going to give him that outside of a Knicks team with an injured Tim Hardaway and Porzingis.  Their best scorers right now besides Kanter are an undrafted rookie and a second rounder from 2017.  He's definitely a sell high if you can swing it.

He went off... I still believe his long term upside is capped by the Knicks tank and being on Fizdale's bad side... cuz man, I know he isn't a good defender but can he score and rebound...

Kanter owners shouldn’t panic. While his upside isn’t as great as it was starting and getting 32-34mpg, he is still very valuable getting 25-28 off the bench against backups. He dominates coming off the bench. And there’s still a chance Fizdale brings him back to the starting lineup. Plus Fizdale saying he wants Kanter go for 6th man of the year means he’ll still be getting heavy usage off the bench. 

If you can move him for a starter with more upside, that’s a solid move too. But holding him will still help your team. 

line kinda reminds me of when Monta would put up 45 and we'd lose 158 -151

the good old days

4 hours ago, LW_00 said:

He went off... I still believe his long term upside is capped by the Knicks tank

Again though, if they're tanking shouldn't Kanter get like 36 minutes a night?

Seems to me they're trying to put a decent product on the floor--offensively and defensively.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

"I think in his heart of hearts, he probably had his heart set on starting," Fizdale said. "That’s a good thing to know that he wanted that.

Such a patronizing comment. Pretty much 99.9% of players want to start. That is not a complement. BS lip service to try and make him feel better. He said this is the right way to go and I do agree. Mitchell is in their the future plans and Kanter is not so it makes sense, but honestly Mr. Data is brain dead if he thinks that would soften the blow for Kanter

I don’t have Kanter or Mitchell, but just wanted to point out how stupid the comment was.

I got scared and traded him for Batum after his dud a few games ago and now I’m sick after seeing his stat lines the past few games. I thought kanter was toast but that doesn’t seem to be the case.