1B. Joey Votto, Wil Myers

2B. Brian Dozier, Jonathan Schoop,

3B. Kris Bryant, Josh Donaldson

SS Carlos Correa, Corey Seager,

OF Byron Buxton, Cespedes

SP Yu Darvish,C. Archer, Robbie Ray, Carlos Martinez

1st round productive disappointments

Altuve, Harper, Kershaw

Rotoworld hype machine busts (outside top 100 ADP)

1B Greg Bird

IF Scott Kingery

Draft Day Steal winners

Blake Snell

Javier Baez

Trevor Story

Witt Merrifeld

Aaron Nola

Trevor Bauer

Patrick Corbin

Miles Milokas

Michael Folty

Scooter Gennet

Jose Peraza

Mitch Haniger

David Peralta

Michael Brantley

Team Beasts

OF Mookie Betts

OF Christian Yelich

OF JD Martinez

3B Jose Ramirez 

SP Jacob DeGroom

SP Max Scherzer

SP Justin Verlander

Observation:

1B production in 5X5 has really fallen off. Position scarcity has nearly reversed. Cept Catchers, they always suck.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This list is really good actually. Il just add to it breifly IMO

Busts( All positions) :

Wilson Contreras , Tommy Pham ( based on expectations) , Bellinger (1st 2nd Rd for some) , Avisail Garcia

Draft Steals: Eddie Rosario , E. Suarez

Observation: 1B doesn't have the elite guys but its 11 or 12 deep of solid ownable production. 

• Like 4

Waiver Wire adds of the year: Walker Buehler, Eduardo Escobar, Juan Soto, and add Robinson Cano for great late season production coming back from suspension

Great list!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Waiver Wire adds of the year: Walker Buehler, Eduardo Escobar, Juan Soto, and add Robinson Cano for great late season production coming back from suspension

Great list!

Shallow non dynasty WW also Gleyber Torres. Matt Kemp was for quite a while. Max Muncy. 

• Like 2

Ronald Acuna Jr and Andujar should be mentioned somewhere.

J Aguilar under pickups.

Edited by KingJoffrey
  • Like 2

I think Ozuna and Sano should be on the disappointment list somewhere.

Ozuna finished off pretty strong but still a bust.  Probably the most disappointing OF who didn't get hurt.

Springer also a bust.

Springer and Ozuna should be on the OF all bust team.  I don't think people paid a lot for Cess because of injury concerns.

Edited by KingJoffrey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

Great list!

+ German Marquez

Some 1st Half Wavier Wire Hitting Goods

Max Muncy, Jesus Aguliar, Jed Lowire, Matt Kemp, Tim Anderson, Shin Soo Choo, Asdrubel Cabrera, Eduardo Escobar 

Some 2nd Half Wavier Wire Hitting Goods

Aldberto Mondesi, Hunter Renfore, Amed Rosario, Rogned Odor, Luke Voit, Michael Conforto + more

Sure there was more here. Mallex Smith was Burner who could actually hit unlike Billy Hamilton.

2 hours ago, Rushs Hitting Coach said:

This list is really good actually. Il just add to it breifly IMO

Busts( All positions) :

Wilson Contreras , Tommy Pham ( based on expectations) , Bellinger (1st 2nd Rd for some) , Avisail Garcia

Draft Steals: Eddie Rosario , E. Suarez

Observation: 1B doesn't have the elite guys but its 11 or 12 deep of solid ownable production. 

I would consider Pham just a disappointment more than outright bust. If you dropped him, then its a bust. You held, you actually ended up not far from his Return on Investment. A. Garcia wasn't even drafted in the top 10 rounds. The the hit rate on guys outside the 1st 10 rounds is low. I don't remember Garcia being hyped as much as Kingrey/Bird here.

Agreed that Conteras/Sano were massive busts and Bellinger for his high draft price. Still ended up top 10 for 1B.. just not top 2-3 that he should have been.

Suarez, Acuna, E. Rosiaro, Andjuar were all championship picks for sure. + Morton and more.

5 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

+ German Marquez

Some 1st Half Wavier Wire Hitting Goods

Max Muncy, Jesus Aguliar, Jed Lowire, Matt Kemp, Tim Anderson, Shin Soo Choo, Asdrubel Cabrera, Eduardo Escobar 

Some 2nd Half Wavier Wire Hitting Goods

Aldberto Mondesi, Hunter Renfore, Amed Rosario, Rogned Odor, Luke Voit, Michael Conforto + more

Sure there was more here. Mallex Smith was Burner who could actually hit unlike Billy Hamilton.

I would consider Pham just a disappointment more than outright bust. If you dropped him, then its a bust. You held, you actually ended up not far from his Return on Investment. A. Garcia wasn't even drafted in the top 10 rounds. The the hit rate on guys outside the 1st 10 rounds is low. I don't remember Garcia being hyped as much as Kingrey/Bird here.

Agreed that Conteras/Sano were massive busts and Bellinger for his high draft price. Still ended up top 10 for 1B.. just not top 2-3 that he should have been.

Suarez, Acuna, E. Rosiaro, Andjuar were all championship picks for sure. + Morton and more.

Avi Garcia hit .330 with 18 HR and 80 RBI in 2017 and he was only 25 or 26 so I definitely was interested in .330 but your right on a guy outside 10Rd being tough

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

I think Ozuna and Sano should be on the disappointment list somewhere.

Ozuna finished off pretty strong but still a bust.  Probably the most disappointing OF who didn't get hurt.

Springer also a bust.

Springer and Ozuna should be on the OF all bust team.  I don't think people paid a lot for Cess because of injury concerns.

Ahh Springer has 100 Runs again with over 20 bombs and .265 avg....he really only slacked with HRs I think. 

Profar 5X5 ESPN rank by position  (20 HRs, 10 SB .253 BA, he made a fantasy relevant Super UT. Its just baseline, not a percie measure of scarcity.

1B: 13

2B: 16

3B: 16

SS: 18

OF: 39

If you ignore steals 1B compares better to other positions. Most years 1B power numbers trounce other positions. This year they were simply solid. Which means other positions were as good or better 5X5 once you include steals. Maybe Player Rater overrate's steals? Matter of debate.

MLB totals last 3 years (3 days left doubt there is 100 HRs and 100 SBs in that time)

2016      2017    2018

HR:  5610  -  6105  - 5485

SB:   2537  -   2527 -  2406 

BA:  .255   -    .255  -  .248

OPS: 739  -    750   -   728

2016   2017  2018

K-9:      8.1 -  8.3 -  8.5 

ERA:  4.18  - 4.35  - 4.14

WHIP: 1.33  - 1.34  - 1.34 

CG:      83   -   59  -    41 

Quick Judgement:  Rise of Bullpen usage the creativity of said arms has led to the lowering of offensive numbers across the board. Especially batting average. SBs keep declining. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slatykamora said:

Profar 5X5 ESPN rank by position  (20 HRs, 10 SB .253 BA, he made a fantasy relevant Super UT. Its just baseline, not a percie measure of scarcity.

1B: 13

2B: 16

3B: 16

SS: 18

OF: 39

If you ignore steals 1B compares better to other positions. Most years 1B power numbers trounce other positions. This year they were simply solid. Which means other positions were as good or better 5X5 once you include steals. Maybe Player Rater overrate's steals? Matter of debate.

MLB totals last 3 years (3 days left doubt there is 100 HRs and 100 SBs in that time)

2016      2017    2018

HR:  5610  -  6105  - 5485

SB:   2537  -   2527 -  2406 

BA:  .255   -    .255  -  .248

OPS: 739  -    750   -   728

2016   2017  2018

K-9:      8.1 -  8.3 -  8.5 

ERA:  4.18  - 4.35  - 4.14

WHIP: 1.33  - 1.34  - 1.34 

CG:      83   -   59  -    41 

Quick Judgement:  Rise of Bullpen usage the creativity of said arms has led to the lowering of offensive numbers across the board. Especially batting average. SBs keep declining. 

Thanks for the info, it's really interesting to look at the drastic changes

I think 1B is hurting more then other positions because a lot of them are home run heavy \ strikeout heavy guys who are shifted more. I don't think they overrated SB, I think 1B has become rather mediocre and sorta some depth. That's all my opinion also...

The pitching is interesting because the Ks go up and ERA goes down but the only stat that remains is WHIP at 1.34 which seems a bit lousy. .25 OPS drop seems like the hitters are swinging a lot and K, weak contact  or they walk which is hurting the WHIP since many guys throwing 100 are not always in command.

I think launch angle, shifts, and the talent in bullpens is a huge reason for changes . 

It was a good year for Rookie hitters. Acuna Jr., Soto, Andujar, Torres, Ohtani, Wendle, McNeil, Bader, Laureano, Adames, Reyes. Even Brain Anderson was a valuable hitter for deep leagues and NL-only leagues.

If you were in h2h leagues, then Pham went from bust to savior really quickly!  Dude was money when it counted.

2 hours ago, The Czar said:

If you were in h2h leagues, then Pham went from bust to savior really quickly!  Dude was money when it counted.

Tommy Pham won me my league! Used #1 waiver when he was dropped about 4 weeks ago. ;)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

1st round productive disappointments

Altuve, Harper, Kershaw

I just want to point out that Harper was far from a disappointment in any format that included any of OBP, SLG, or OPS.

In my league that counts OBP and SLG he is the #7 overall hitter.

In my league that counts OBP and Hits instead of Average he is the #8 overall hitter. 

His ADP put him at the 7th hitter off the board, so he's produced exactly as expected.

I mean hes at 100+/100+ with 34 HR, 13 steals and a .390+ OBP. If anyone is disappointed by that then they were expecting something totally unrealistic and should have been drafting Harper #1 overall.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JsZYwc6KLcv9qb2xb8BcUx5LXEBDByRfDHsw4-Zi__w/edit#gid=0

Instead of subjective arguments, which some of you make great points. I'll be empirical. Just combined Razzballs rater with all the ADP listings on fantasy pro's. Then added all the noteable WW pick ups.  I prefer'd Razzball only because they gave me a Per game value. Which is important context in some cases.  

Even if I hold on and win my league, I'm still going to sum up the season with a one word review... crap.

clevinger, german, freeland,and big ups to andujar and gleybertooth tiger (drafted)

trout also been huge especially in h2h playoffs

buehler also been one of waiver wire adds of the year (my season comes down to his start tomorrow. don't fail me now)

10 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

clevinger, german, freeland,and big ups to andujar and gleybertooth tiger (drafted)

trout also been huge especially in h2h playoffs

buehler also been one of waiver wire adds of the year (my season comes down to his start tomorrow. don't fail me now)

Unfortunately, the Dodgers failed you by deciding they don't really care about winning the division.  Really screws people who were counting on that start...

8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Unfortunately, the Dodgers failed you by deciding they don't really care about winning the division.  Really screws people who were counting on that start...

well at least I own rich hill. jCSB ust need either sub 1.18 whip or sub 2.70 era to win 

what I would give for a clean first inn from hill and a blister flare up ha 

I think the dodgers are thinking that they can beat sh*tty sf without buehler and saving him incase col wins. makes sense 

Edited by colepenhagen

19 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Even if I hold on and win my league, I'm still going to sum up the season with a one word review... crap.

Why?  you won?  Did I misread that?

47 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Why?  you won?  Did I misread that?

Offense as a whole was dreadful.  It was really hard to enjoy the season at times because of that.  When you have 4 or 5 of the best hitters in baseball and you go through major portions of the second half failing to hit HRs and hit around .200 or below for the day, something just isn't right.  It was also almost better not to have any closers in the second half of the season since the vast majority of them just went out and blew their saves or at least pitched badly more often than not.

Just because you win a league doesn't mean the season was good or even that enjoyable necessarily.  Sure, there were enjoyable periods and obviously I'm happy now, but it was still probably the least enjoyable win I've gotten.

19 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Offense as a whole was dreadful.  It was really hard to enjoy the season at times because of that.  When you have 4 or 5 of the best hitters in baseball and you go through major portions of the second half failing to hit HRs and hit around .200 or below for the day, something just isn't right.  It was also almost better not to have any closers in the second half of the season since the vast majority of them just went out and blew their saves or at least pitched badly more often than not.

Just because you win a league doesn't mean the season was good or even that enjoyable necessarily.  Sure, there were enjoyable periods and obviously I'm happy now, but it was still probably the least enjoyable win I've gotten.

I would think this happens to everyone though, from time to time.

Edited by KingJoffrey