motown magic

Trout for Lindor

Would you consider a trade of one year of Trout and two years of Andujar 

for 

One year of Lindor and three years of Vladdy jr . 

Not even close. What you're really talking about is

(Trout minus Lindor for 2019)

vs.

(Vladdy for 2021)

That's a ton of nearly-guaranteed value to give up in 2019 to speculate on Vladdy being a monster for the next three seasons. If Miguel Andujar were not in the deal I would consider it, or if you were dropping a truly worthless player for Vlad.

40 minutes ago, Ben Edelman said:

Not even close. What you're really talking about is

(Trout minus Lindor for 2019)

vs.

(Vladdy for 2021)

That's a ton of nearly-guaranteed value to give up in 2019 to speculate on Vladdy being a monster for the next three seasons. If Miguel Andujar were not in the deal I would consider it, or if you were dropping a truly worthless player for Vlad.

Lindors a top 5 guy. Is the gap between him and trout for one season really worth more than Vladdys third season? And that comes with the assumption that Vladdy and Andujar are a wash for the next two seasons (i have vladdy rated higher). 

It's fine to prefer the guaranteed monster that is trout, but he has some injury risk also. For that reason I cant see how it's "not even close".... in my opinion its pretty damn tempting. In a dynasty league starting tommorow, Vladdy is a first, (or second), round pick at the least

14 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Lindors a top 5 guy. Is the gap between him and trout for one season really worth more than Vladdys third season? And that comes with the assumption that Vladdy and Andujar are a wash for the next two seasons (i have vladdy rated higher). 

It's fine to prefer the guaranteed monster that is trout, but he has some injury risk also. For that reason I cant see how it's "not even close".... in my opinion its pretty damn tempting. In a dynasty league starting tommorow, Vladdy is a first, (or second), round pick at the least

I'd love to be in that league. He's probably borderline top 50 dynasty player until he actually shows something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hypeiz4real said:

I'd love to be in that league. He's probably borderline top 50 dynasty player until he actually shows something. 

Hes 19. He’s the best prospect in baseball. He’s one of the best hitting prospects of all time. Soto abs Acuna are examples of prospects value these days. I don’t know what half a season of pro baseball distinguishes him from them. Any team taking a long term approach will consider vlad as a first rounder. 

• Like 1

Depends on your situation at OF if you deal Trout or SS if you keep him.  Who plays short if you don't trade for Lindor, who else do you have in the OF if you trade away Trout.

Are you going to be in contention in 2019 with Trout?  How about without him - how do you feel about your team?  If you are thinking  you are in contention you dont make this trade.  If you are rebuilding and are looking at 2019/2020, get some draft pick  upgrades too.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:36 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

Hes 19. He’s the best prospect in baseball. He’s one of the best hitting prospects of all time. Soto abs Acuna are examples of prospects value these days. I don’t know what half a season of pro baseball distinguishes him from them. Any team taking a long term approach will consider vlad as a first rounder. 

Yeah, and what about Kyle Ted Tucker and all his greatness? People clammored relentlessly to get him up. What about Robles? No one wants to talk about the guys who couldn't cut it (right out of the gate, at least). 

Acunas value were peaks and valleys this year. 

Vlad as a first rounder in any format is asinine. The hype is out of control when you are drafted at a Kris Bryant level. 

On 9/28/2018 at 11:17 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

The gap between them, especially in OBP, is wide. 

All this for one extra year of control from Vlad? If there's any type of learning curve this deal stiffs you. 

No way Vlad jr should be a top 25 pick in a dynasty. No way. 

23 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

The gap between them, especially in OBP, is wide. 

All this for one extra year of control from Vlad? If there's any type of learning curve this deal stiffs you. 

No way Vlad jr should be a top 25 pick in a dynasty. No way. 

Vladdy is the best hitting prospect to come up since I cant even remember. Hes in the Acuna asset class, not Robles and Tucker (although those two guys will be great too)

11 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Vladdy is the best hitting prospect to come up since I cant even remember. Hes in the Acuna asset class, not Robles and Tucker (although those two guys will be great too)

Missing the point. Their pedigree suggested far better production. Been a lot of superlative #1 prospects crash and burn. Not all #1 are created equal, and there are huge expectations for Vlad jr, but you cannot be taking him in the first or even second round in a 12 teamer. After that, maybe no huge loss.

I'd rather have Lindor and Vlad Jr.

Vlad side

Andujar had a nice year, but a .332 career oba is bad

You only get Trout for 1 year

He's missed 70 games the last 2 years

3 years of Vlad, versus 2 years of Andujar

It's a slam dunk for me

Andjuar hit 27 hrs, 92 Rbi and scored 83 runs mostly hitting in the bottom of the order and in 149 games. 

On 10/2/2018 at 7:33 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

I can remember Vlad Guerrero Sr.  Had better career minor league numbers than his son (more power, lower average).  And he was only the #2 prospect in baseball, behind some kid named Andruw.

If you want to make an argument based on Vladdy's youth, then compare Vladdy against ARod 1994-1995.  ARod was frequently talked about as the "best prospect ever". Hit .360 in AAA at age 19, then .358 in the majors at age 20.

No disrespect to Vlad Jr. He is the clear #1 prospect in baseball. But there have been better, IMO.