Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

out 6-8 weeks,add bobby portis asap if you are Markkanen owners

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kane said:

out 6-8 weeks,add bobby portis asap if you are Markkanen owners

Edited your post 

• Like 1

I just drafted him :(

Now I'll try to trade, I don't think we'll see him so much in the court this season..

Elbow injuries in the shooting arm are a nightmare  (remember Batum last year)

Trust me, consider him like out for season 

Meanwhile pick up Bobby Portis if you can

Edited by LosingEffort

9 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Now I'll try to trade, I don't think we'll see him so much in the court this season..

That’s a little dramatic - you’ll be selling super low unless you’re in a dyno league, I’d definitely stash him in your injured list spot, he might only miss a month of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Batum PLAYED with the sore elbow, he wasn't fully recovered. As Lauri is the cornerstone of this franchise he will most certainly be held out until he is back to 100%. Hold onto him for sure this dude will have an easy 19-7 season with 2.5 threes when he gets back!

14 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Batum PLAYED with the sore elbow, he wasn't fully recovered. As Lauri is the cornerstone of this franchise he will most certainly be held out until he is back to 100%. Hold onto him for sure this dude will have an easy 19-7 season with 2.5 threes when he gets back!

That's what I was trying to say 

Recover at 100% from an elbow injury in the right arm needs a lot of time

He's clearly the franchise player but like Porzingis I don't think he will be back soon...

Plus, Chicago doesn't need to win (like the Knicks..)

So I fear also if he's back around december there will be minute restrictions and rest days 

Edited by LosingEffort

4 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

That's what I was trying to say 

Recover at 100% from an elbow injury in the right arm needs a lot of time

He's clearly the franchise player but like Porzingis I don't think he will be back soon...

Plus, Chicago doesn't need to win (like the Knicks..)

So I fear also if he's back around december there will be minute restrictions and rest days 

To fully recover it takes 6 weeks (for the full scar tissue maturation) and if you add maybe 3 weeks onto that for his conditioning to get back (which is max time for conditioning to get back for a player out that long) he is back around Christmas which leaves him with over half the season to play. So no he will not be back soon and if he does return around Christmas like you said he will play. So do not consider him out for the whole year, he will be a great fantasy player this year.

38 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

To fully recover it takes 6 weeks (for the full scar tissue maturation) and if you add maybe 3 weeks onto that for his conditioning to get back (which is max time for conditioning to get back for a player out that long) he is back around Christmas which leaves him with over half the season to play. So no he will not be back soon and if he does return around Christmas like you said he will play. So do not consider him out for the whole year, he will be a great fantasy player this year.

Maaaan you don't know what you're talking about, do you ?

He has a upper body injury... his conditioning will be just fine... 

Just now, Stefan said:

Maaaan you don't know what you're talking about, do you ?

He has a upper body injury... his conditioning will be just fine... 

I think you mis-understood what i meant. I said that it takes 3 weeks for conditioning to get back to normal after that time off MAX (not that injury, that time). 6 weeks off for an elbow injury will certainly not affect his stamina etc. I agree that his conditioning will be fine, he will be back firing bombs in no time!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think you mis-understood what i meant. I said that it takes 3 weeks for conditioning to get back to normal after that time off MAX (not that injury, that time). 6 weeks off for an elbow injury will certainly not affect his stamina etc. I agree that his conditioning will be fine, he will be back firing bombs in no time!

Ok sorry, ma bad :)  

• Like 1

Where is everyone targeting him in leagues with IR spots or even without them. Obviously a nice discount now. 

I only play Dynasty Leagues so this injury doesn't mean much to me. I don't have him on any of my teams but if I did I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe I'll try and swindle some poor owner into taking this guy off his hands. Dynasty player for the next 10 years is better than being without for the next 6 weeks. 

If I were in a re-draft league, I would not panic either. Just ride it out. He'll be back soon.

• Like 1

I have him in a 3 keeper H2H league as  one of the keepers. No need to panic, he is still franchise cornerstone and should be back to 100%  around Christmas at the latest.  All I need to do is draft both Portis and WCJ...

So...in non-IR leagues, where is he going for most people?

Just trying to get a gauge on what round he has been going in?

I was going to keep him in a four keeper auction league for $12 (gambled last season on him and it paid off). But now I’m keeping Love for twice the price who was also undervalued last season.  Lauri isn’t really a cant miss prospect even when healthy as there are many similar players such as Saric.  In redraft I’m not gambling on him as it’s a very concerning injury so even if he comes back healthy to start the new year will he be 100%?  And I wasn’t expecting anything more than 16/8 with 2 threes and weak stocks anyway which would put him top 75.  If you cut the 75th players value in half you get someone you can barely spend a last round flyer on or spend a few dollars on in auction to stash.  

7 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I was going to keep him in a four keeper auction league for $12 (gambled last season on him and it paid off). But now I’m keeping Love for twice the price who was also undervalued last season.  Lauri isn’t really a cant miss prospect even when healthy as there are many similar players such as Saric.  In redraft I’m not gambling on him as it’s a very concerning injury so even if he comes back healthy to start the new year will he be 100%?  And I wasn’t expecting anything more than 16/8 with 2 threes and weak stocks anyway which would put him top 75.  If you cut the 75th players value in half you get someone you can barely spend a last round flyer on or spend a few dollars on in auction to stash.  

Yeah hes a drop unless u have IR spot.

paid $9 in my auction league not even realizing he was out for that long.......thank God i have an IR, because that woulda been bad.

W O W

he just appeared on my waiver wire ! 
So happy I can claim him (1st on waiver order list)

tenor.gif?itemid=4786752

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stefan said:

W O W

he just appeared on my waiver wire ! 
So happy I can claim him (1st on waiver order list)

tenor.gif?itemid=4786752

?... 14 teamer and someone dumps Lauri. Thinking no IR and the owner reached for Cedi or something...? Nevertheless seems like a mistake.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

29 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

?... 14 teamer and someone dumps Lauri. Thinking no IR and the owner reached for Cedi or something...? Nevertheless seems like a mistake.

Actually no. Ahahhaha :)

It's a 12 team league... 15 roster spots... 4 bench... No IR spot.

Aaand no again. He did not reached for someone like Cedi. :D  

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

Actually no. Ahahhaha :)

It's a 12 team league... 15 roster spots... 4 bench... No IR spot.

Aaand no again. He did not reached for someone like Cedi. :D  

who did they drop him for?