kane

Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Let's go! Need to trade some of my PF's now. I have Siakim, JJJ, John Collins, Vonleh, Bagley, and Mark. 

Edited by Nate1213

1 hour ago, apk158 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/bulls-lauri-markkanen-goes-through-limited-shootaround/

Cleared for full training from tomorrow, speculation of a return by next week. All aboard!

NICEEE happy happy 

:rolleyes:

tenor.gif       tenor.gif?itemid=5652108

Edited by Stefan

As my first action for #DontChoke, I pledge to stop consuming red meat as a concrete step towards minimizing my personal carbon footprint. Every move counts, play your part

wqi3e-sUEfCIrxBJXUdLVBFguA25oJLVY-d9uM3b

That is it for me. Drop City.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He can eat s--- as long as he drops 3s,Points,Boards,great %, I don't give a f***.

Very much, yes :) 

Lauri Markkanen (elbow) said he felt "fine" following his first full-contact practice of the year on Tuesday.

"Of course I got a little rust at the start," said Markkanen, "but as practice went on I started feeling comfortable again." It's very encouraging that Markkanen's elbow has responded well to the increased workload, and it seems that there's a very real chance we could see him back in action by early-December. His imminent return will have a massively negative impact on Jabari Parker's value, so Parker owners should try to sell-high while they still can.
  • Like 1

Lauri Markkanen (right elbow sprain) is listed as probable for Saturday's game vs. the Rockets.

Markkanen has been sidelined since spraining his right elbow in training camp, but is set to make his 2018-19 season debut this evening. This is terrific news for Markkanen owners. Lauri went through his first full-contact practice on Tuesday and coach Fred Hoiberg said he was getting closer, but it's surprising to see him re-enter the lineup this weekend. Jabari Parker and Justin Holiday had been putting up impressive numbers, but both scorers will take a backseat once Lauri is fully healthy, as Markkanen and Zach LaVine will be the focal points of the Bulls offense.

Early Christmas gift!!
  • Thanks 1

Omg perfect timing for my matchup this week...but I was expecting him back sometime next week. This is an early Xmas present! I think he'll be limited at first so it'll probably be a week or so before he starts ballin. 

• Like 1

ohhh snap...what a pleasant surprise :D

2. Didn't expect him with a "probable" tag so soon, honestly didn't expect him back until mid-late next wk.
  • Like 1

Woo! Is everyone gonna go all in and start him tobight? FG% is close for this weeks matchup. 

31 minutes ago, reverb said:

Woo! Is everyone gonna go all in and start him tobight? FG% is close for this weeks matchup. 

I am. Got 2 spots in my lineup that I can't fill with other active players.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I am. Got 2 spots in my lineup that I can't fill with other active players.

Same! Going for it. 

Let’s go Lauri!

• Thanks 1

Guys.

Lauri has done way too much weight lifting and is huge compared to what he used to be. He won't have his shot like he used to anymore. If he doesn't start to take it to the hole, he will be worse than last year with long distance percentages.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Guys.

Lauri has done way too much weight lifting and is huge compared to what he used to be. He won't have his shot like he used to anymore. If he doesn't start to take it to the hole, he will be worse than last year with long distance percentages.

Source?  And what makes you think that his shot will be affected?

Edited by Gile Pile

I watched him summer when he played for national team. He was stiff and his shot was way off.

Getting too much muscle too fast can make good shooter imbalanced. 

1 minute ago, JormaJormala said:

I watched him summer when he played for national team. He was stiff and his shot was way off.

Getting too much muscle too fast can make good shooter imbalanced. 

Your attitude stinks 

• Haha 2

Lots of guys bulk up without it hurting their shot. In fact, virtually every 19/20 year old will add a ton of muscle his first few years in the league. I don't remember gaining ridiculous muscle mass hurting Ben Gordon's three pointer. Or Karl Malone's jumper. LeBron's J improved as he starting pushing 265+. Rose is much stronger now than when he was younger. Three point shot is near 50%. Same thing with Butler -- bulks up, three gets better. TJ Warren, too. So many examples. All that matters is having good, repeatable form and Lauri has that. 

Lauri turning into mini Drago is just going to help his already underrated inside game/athleticism. It's a big +, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

Lauri Markkanen (elbow) will come off the bench in his return to the lineup Saturday against the Bulls.

Markkanen will come off the bench and play about 20-25 minutes in his first game of the season. Jabari Parker will remain in the starting lineup for now, but will likely head back to the bench when Markkanen is up to full speed. It'll be nice to watch the sweet-shooting 7-footer back in action.
Dec 1 - 6:36 PM