kane

Lauri Markkanen 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Anyone watch the game? Did the defensive stats seem repeatable? Because if so, once his shooting rounds into form, this guy could have first round upside... at least in his prime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mfbenoit said:

Anyone watch the game? Did the defensive stats seem repeatable? Because if so, once his shooting rounds into form, this guy could have first round upside... at least in his prime

I didn't watch but if he did put on ~12 lbs muscle in the off-season, then it stands to reason that he'll be a much better defender against 4s and 5s.

Damnit...I traded Damian Lillard away because I wanted to punt three's and with Lauri putting up this many shots I may regret it :unsure: I love the stat line though. Looks like the new HC is gonna let him loose.

knew he'd be good but i wasnt expecting this his second game back. odds he's a top 50 player next year? might be worth keeping if he keeps it up.

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

I didn't watch but if he did put on ~12 lbs muscle in the off-season, then it stands to reason that he'll be a much better defender against 4s and 5s.

Those extra pounds   mean that he cannot shot anymore. At least according to some in this thread  :P

• Haha 2

Man, looking at his shot chart from the game, he jacked up alot of deep 3's!

5c07cb287997e_LauriShotchart.png.f25d059a31982d1ea6eaa29a12caa1af.png

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 12:24 PM, Stefan said:
On 12/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, Iceylike10-17 said:

I'm hoping for 16 & 5 on 39% with 4-5 free throws a game. should be attainable :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Stefan said:
20 hours ago, Iceylike10-17 said:

lol dont forget that Jabari, ROLO,  Wendell Carter Jr and Bobby Portis are still in the cut. 

Lauri, Zack and Dunn will be the focal point of the offense but i wouldnt expect much from Lauri outside of points and 3's

Sooo where u at babe ? :D 

10 hours ago, DamoESP said:

Man, looking at his shot chart from the game, he jacked up alot of deep 3's!

5c07cb287997e_LauriShotchart.png.f25d059a31982d1ea6eaa29a12caa1af.png

He could easily take 9+ threes a game. It's where the NBA is going, and every 3 is essentially an open look for him b/c of his height and release point. If he can shoot around 40% from deep he might be a top 25 player ROS.

1 minute ago, sleepysock said:

He could easily take 9+ threes a game. It's where the NBA is going, and every 3 is essentially an open look for him b/c of his height and release point. If he can shoot around 40% from deep he might be a top 25 player ROS.

9+ threes?! A game?!:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

9+ threes?! A game?!:rolleyes:

Why not? The Bulls are all over the launch threes and threes and threes mentality this season. Justin Holliday is already taking 8 per game. And his are pretty much all open looks that are the result of drive and kicks and broken plays, mostly. Lauri otoh has to do virtually no work to get a three. Plus Boylen wants to play at a faster tempo, which doesn't hurt. 

Anyway there are like 15 players this year taking 8 or more a game. No reason Lauri shouldn't be in that bunch. He's already taken 19 in 58 minutes -- would be 21 but for the shot clock buzzer just barely wiping away two others. A perimeter oriented big man taking 9 threes a game is not a big deal in this iteration of the NBA. 

Edited by sleepysock

23 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Why not? The Bulls are all over the launch threes and threes and threes mentality this season. Justin Holliday is already taking 8 per game. And his are pretty much all open looks that are the result of drive and kicks and broken plays, mostly. Lauri otoh has to do virtually no work to get a three. Plus Boylen wants to play at a faster tempo, which doesn't hurt. 

Anyway there are like 15 players this year taking 8 or more a game. No reason Lauri shouldn't be in that bunch. He's already taken 19 in 58 minutes -- would be 21 but for the shot clock buzzer just barely wiping away two others. A perimeter oriented big man taking 9 threes a game is not a big deal in this iteration of the NBA. 

I misread that has make 9+ threes lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sleepysock said:

12 hours ago, sleepysock said:

I very much agree with that... he's such a pure shooter.