Sign in to follow this  
Saucy

Dejounte Murray 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Saucy said:

 

I'd say Derek White is the guy to own here. Really frustrating for anyone who spend a 60-70 pick on Murray... sucks that these preseason injuries can dictate seasons before they start. Bright young player, truly hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.

It definitely sucks, but anyone that already drafted Murray can still compete. It just takes some hustle. It is a challenge, but it can be done. 

 

I see a lot of people saying Derek White is the guy you want, and I think he has more fantasy upside than Patty Mills. So I guess White is the target, but I kind of think guys like Gay, LMA, and Derozan get a super slight bump since they will need to shoulder more of the load. Especially a guy like DD. I am not sure it is as simple as targeting the next guy up and thinking he pencils into Murray's role. 

 

Sucks for Murray. I really liked his game. Really sucks anytime a player suffers a serious injury. For dynasty guys, I think Murray is a fine target if you aren't competing and can get a hold of him. If I owned him in dynasty I wouldn't sell. He will spend time strengthening his legs and I think he shouldn't have a tough time coming back 100%. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only drafted Dejounte when he fell to 100ish (he falls 8/10 times here due to lack of 3s n points)..so yeah if you're like me you can def. compete

 

I'm not picking white just yet..he didn't show anything yet. I'd go get other guys from waiver wire..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with losing Murray is that with his super unique stat set, it's so friggen hard to find a guard to replicate any of that. 

And for me, with my punt assists team build, his stats from the pg position was so important... 

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out who to pick up to properly replace the rebs and stls and with at least some upside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

The problem with losing Murray is that with his super unique stat set, it's so friggen hard to find a guard to replicate any of that. 

And for me, with my punt assists team build, his stats from the pg position was so important... 

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out who to pick up to properly replace the rebs and stls and with at least some upside. 

OMG, super unique!! Are you talking about AD or Durant or Giannis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

And also, “unique” doesn’t mean “super duper amazing”. It means “rare and atypical”. 

 

OK, rare and atypical. Here it is going: Jason Kidd (OK, he is retired), Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, Emmanuel Mudiay (haha!), Ricky Rubio etc. Compared to mentioned point guards Dejounte Murray is by far more typical.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just can't understand what "unique" means. In Estonia "unique" is usually used if person is really good in his job. Like was Bob Cousy or Pete Maravich. They were unique. Dejounte Murray can't be compared to these greats!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dejounte Murray offered a very unique set of skills for a PG and anyone punting ft%, assists, or threes would have been considering him closely. Because at his position, his contributions were unique. Nothing wrong with using that word, it absolutely fits. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apatas said:

You just can't understand what "unique" means. In Estonia "unique" is usually used if person is really good in his job. Like was Bob Cousy or Pete Maravich. They were unique. Dejounte Murray can't be compared to these greats!!!!!

 

Unique means one of a kind.

 

Some NBA examples: 

 

MKG has a unique jumpshot.

Elfrid Payton has unique hair.

Gerald Green has a unique number of fingers.

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, apatas said:

You just can't understand what "unique" means. In Estonia "unique" is usually used if person is really good in his job. Like was Bob Cousy or Pete Maravich. They were unique. Dejounte Murray can't be compared to these greats!!!!!

So you translated the word “unique” into your own language, and then you’re arguing with me that an English word gets used differently in your country? 

 

I genuinely mean no offense, just stating a pure fact. You're using the word "unique" wrongly. And if your entire country misuses it, that's fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. But just don't say that I don't understand the meaning of a word, when I'm actually using its proper definition. 

 

That's the only reason you come off as super ironically funny, and why everyone else is getting a laugh. The word "unique" is an English word. And has a literal definition that is the actual correct definition in English. Word definitions aren't subjective and to be chosen at whim by each speaker, but have objective, defined standards. Sure, they may change over many years of cultural movement and effect, however, in this moment, there is one true definition of the word “unique”. 

 

And just to be clear, Westbrook and Rondo are also unique players with unique stat sets for PG eligible guards. Rubio is less unique for a PG. Getting assists and steals is the opposite of unique for PGs. It’s typical and normal. Rubio just happened to be elite at them (or at least used to be). That makes Rubio a little bit more unique than all the other typical PGs, but not by much. Murray, on the other hand, was a PG eligible guard that statistically played very unlike a guard. That was what made him so unique, and why I targeted him heavily in my punt assist build and therefore was so important to me. 

 

Oh, and Mudiay is not unique at all. The word you were looking for there was “crap”. Mudiay is pure crap. 

 

And lastly, my response to you was snarky because your initial response to me was snarky. If your response to me was different, mine would have been as well. 

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DavidbivaD said:

So you translated the word “unique” into your own language, and then you’re arguing with me that an English word gets used differently in your country? 

 

I genuinely mean no offense, just stating a pure fact. You're using the word "unique" wrongly. And if your entire country misuses it, that's fine. Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all. But just don't say that I don't understand the meaning of a word, when I'm actually using its proper definition. 

 

That's the only reason you come off as super ironically funny, and why everyone else is getting a laugh. The word "unique" is an English word. And has a literal definition that is the actual correct definition in English. Word definitions aren't subjective and to be chosen at whim by each speaker, but have objective, defined standards. Sure, they may change over many years of cultural movement and effect, however, in this moment, there is one true definition of the word “unique”. 

 

And just to be clear, Westbrook and Rondo are also unique players with unique stat sets for PG eligible guards. Rubio is less unique for a PG. Getting assists and steals is the opposite of unique for PGs. It’s typical and normal. Rubio just happened to be elite at them (or at least used to be). That makes Rubio a little bit more unique than all the other typical PGs, but not by much. Murray, on the other hand, was a PG eligible guard that statistically played very unlike a guard. That was what made him so unique, and why I targeted him heavily in my punt assist build and therefore was so important to me. 

 

Oh, and Mudiay is not unique at all. The word you were looking for there was “crap”. Mudiay is pure crap. 

 

And lastly, my response to you was snarky because your initial response to me was snarky. If your response to me was different, mine would have been as well. 

Epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Epic.

Lol I may have gone a bit overboard. It’s a bit long lol :D

Edited by DavidbivaD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.