chimera

John Wall 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, hoopnking24 said:

Made a trade that would have processed at 5:00 today.

I traded: Wall, AG, R Jax, Tim Hardaway

I receive: Bron, CJ McCollum, Lou Will

Then the news last night.

And the news now.

Trade now vetoed.

Dropped Wall for Derrick White (haven't watched 1 spurs game this year) to go for the win this week b/c lord knows I'll now need it.

How did this happen...

Yeah f**k that, only collusion is vetoed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

Nightmare from the jump...never ever again... can’t wait to drop him actually...in some weird way..

This here, lucky enough to scoop Sato. But to add salt to the wounds I didn’t even get his 40 pt game. I benched him in my weekly league because of fear he may have missed more time. Jonald Wall you will not be missed.

• Like 1

Silver lining for roto owners is the sudden massive boost in FG% and less TO's. That's something, I guess . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kaboom said:

Silver lining for roto owners is the sudden massive boost in FG% and less TO's. That's something, I guess . . .

His 44.4% FG this year wasn't that bad.

It was the 69% FT on 5.5 attempts per game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chud12 said:

If the trade was accepted before any news broke of a serious injury than that’s just the breaks. No way it should have been vetoed. 

I disagree, definitely shoulda been vetoed

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kobe824 said:

I agree if they were traded healthy, if the reason is being injured, it should not be vetoed 

31 minutes ago, Kobe824 said:

Y shouid the other owner get penalized because a player he traded got hurt after it was accepted. That’s the damn breaks, there aren’t feelings in fantasy basketball. That would be complete trash if that happened in any leagues I was in and it wouldn’t. 

lol, I drafted this dude cause there was no one else at the end of the 2nd round.. the next guy's pick was Beal LOL, FML

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Y shouid the other owner get penalized because a player he traded got hurt after it was accepted. That’s the damn breaks, there aren’t feelings in fantasy basketball. That would be complete trash if that happened in any leagues I was in and it wouldn’t. 

If it happened days after the trade? Sure I agree, but during the trade when it's being processed, that's unfair for the other owner tbh but that's just me.

It certainly is a big loss, but is it weird that at the same time I'm somewhat relieved? He has been really annoying to own... will forever be on my DND list forthwith

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

DO NOT DRAFT LIST FOR NEXT YEAR !!!

Interesting take.  His ADP will drop several rounds and the surgery/rehab might fix the ongoing problem.

if this has been an issue for several years now, wtf didnt this dink get it done last year when he ended his season for surgery?!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hoserjose said:

if this has been an issue for several years now, wtf didnt this dink get it done last year when he ended his season for surgery?!  

I'm sure showing up to USA camp all bloated didn't help the matter either 

• Like 1

This was one of the few Mike Gallagher got correct: dnd this guy.  He’s old and injury prone.  I think I read something about his condition being degenerative.  Not sure if that’s true but that means he’s already past his peak.  Best case scenario was you get a guy who is weak in every efficiency cat but puts up big popcorn stats.  Worth a third round pick if you can build around him but otherwise it’s 9 cat roto poison.  The writing was on the wall for 9 cat roto (pun intended).  If you drafted him in 8 cat then I feel a little bad for you as he could have actually been good for that format.   But if you drafted him in 9 cat I hate to say you done ****** up.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

This was one of the few Mike Gallagher got correct: dnd this guy.  He’s old and injury prone.  I think I read something about his condition being degenerative.  Not sure if that’s true but that means he’s already past his peak.  Best case scenario was you get a guy who is weak in every efficiency cat but puts up big popcorn stats.  Worth a third round pick if you can build around him but otherwise it’s 9 cat roto poison.  The writing was on the wall for 9 cat roto (pun intended).  If you drafted him in 8 cat then I feel a little bad for you as he could have actually been good for that format.   But if you drafted him in 9 cat I hate to say you done ****** up.  

Thanks brah

• Haha 1