paokmaniak

Tyler Johnson Outlook 2018-19

RW saying he should be rostered in most leagues...minutes are there I guess, but what am I missing?

2 minutes ago, spd2base said:

RW saying he should be rostered in most leagues...minutes are there I guess, but what am I missing?

That and I guess he's been stocking up on defensive stats, too. He'll probably have trouble getting shots in, but if it falls, he will have golden lines like last game.

I guess the main obstacle is Melton, since he's back and Igor might experiment with the lineup too.

48 minutes ago, spd2base said:

He has a fantasy friendly game and has proven to be productive when he gets playing time. He's also playing the position the Suns need most help in - he played 28 minutes in the first game after being traded and moved into the starting line up in his second game. He's better than Melton by a mile so don't worry about Melton being an obstacle. It was easy to see his Saturday explosion coming since he finally had some practice time after being traded. 

Personally, I think he's a pretty safe 12-14 ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg with healthy amounts of 3TOCKS from the guard position for the remainder of season, caveat being that he needs to stay healthy, which something he always struggled with in the past.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

He has a fantasy friendly game and has proven to be productive when he gets playing time. He's also playing the position the Suns need most help in - he played 28 minutes in the first game after being traded and moved into the starting line up in his second game. He's better than Melton by a mile so don't worry about Melton being an obstacle. It was easy to see his Saturday explosion coming since he finally had some practice time after being traded. 

Personally, I think he's a pretty safe 12-14 ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg with healthy amounts of 3TOCKS from the guard position for the remainder of season, caveat being that he needs to stay healthy, which something he always struggled with in the past.

I'm really teetering on the edge of picking him up for Rondo. Just not too hot on their PO schedule, but still hard to ignore the fantasy goldmine of stats...

2 minutes ago, m1dday said:

I'm really teetering on the edge of picking him up for Rondo. Just not too hot on their PO schedule, but still hard to ignore the fantasy goldmine of stats...

I think you will be better off with Tyler Johnson. Lakers are in survival mode right now and they will give the ball to Lebron as much as they can. Rondo will be tasked with running the 2nd unit but with Lebron playing heavy minutes I don't think Rondo's minutes and production will be consistent. What you saw in his last 5 games is what you will see for the ROS - big swing of minutes and productions, depending on the matchup and how the other Lakers are playing. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I think you will be better off with Tyler Johnson. Lakers are in survival mode right now and they will give the ball to Lebron as much as they can. Rondo will be tasked with running the 2nd unit but with Lebron playing heavy minutes I don't think Rondo's minutes and production will be consistent. What you saw in his last 5 games is what you will see for the ROS - big swing of minutes and productions, depending on the matchup and how the other Lakers are playing. 

Made the move, thanks. But I guess something to note is that the previous two games were against the Hawks and the Cavs, so hopefully he keeps the defensive stats up.