DidiFan

9/30 Game Day Thread

The Last Day is upon us. 

To all who have made it this far I salute you.

May fortune be with you. 

• Like 6

Sounds like the Dodgers will go with Hill tomorrow and save Walker Buehler for the Wild Card game, if needed. Interesting strategy and I don't really agree with it, I think you use your best SP (Buehler) and try to win the division. Oh and it f***s over my fantasy team too lol.

Needed Scherzer to start, he's not.  Needed Marquez to start, he's not.  Needed Gio Gonzalez to not start, he is.  So frustrating.

Anyone know if Carrasco is going to pitch for a normal length today, or if Cleveland is going to use him for just a few innings like earlier in the week?

Ok, still have a shot at the title.  Need my team to hit around 300 today to pickup 2 points in average.  Need a good start from Ray, and could use a save or two from Jansen, Yates or Steckenrider.

Go Bueh.... Oh, wait, let's not pitch him to actually try to win the division.  Kind of a slap in the face to Rich Hill too... :rolleyes:

Go Bauer!  Maybe he can at least pick up the win after taking over for Carrasco.

Edited by KilloWertz

I'm down 30 points in my championship game! Got Syndergaard and Flaherty going! Needed Severino to pitch today but he was scratched. Maybe he can get a couple innings in for me! :D

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Needed Scherzer to start, he's not.  Needed Marquez to start, he's not.  Needed Gio Gonzalez to not start, he is.  So frustrating.

this is another reason why drafting top tier sp or going sp heavy in h2h can hurt you. this happens every year on last day or 2 of the year. you can deal with a position player sitting but if your counting on an ace and he sits that hurts alot

GO HILL

GO CANO, BRAUN, CUTCH 

need my old man team to carry me one more day 

Not to derail the thread but some of these comments make me so glad we changed our league format a few years back to end last week. The last week, and especially the last day, is absolutely maddening. So many starters don't go and so many position players will exit the game after 1 or 2 ABs.

Good luck to those of you going for the title today!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Not to derail the thread but some of these comments make me so glad we changed our league format a few years back to end last week. The last week, and especially the last day, is absolutely maddening. So many starters don't go and so many position players will exit the game after 1 or 2 ABs.

I only play ROTO.  After reading all of these comments I am glad I don't have to deal with the H2H headaches.  No pun intended.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

I only play ROTO.  After reading all of these comments I am glad I don't have to deal with the H2H headaches.  No pun intended.

This is my roto league.  I'm 0.01 ERA behind a point.  And 1 save from a point.  Plus a few more close categories, crazy this year how close the race is.

2 hours ago, MetsIn09 said:

Anyone know if Carrasco is going to pitch for a normal length today, or if Cleveland is going to use him for just a few innings like earlier in the week?

Doubtful they'll let him go past 60 pitches or so.

14 minutes ago, exm said:

Doubtful they'll let him go past 60 pitches or so.

I would tend to agree.  However, CBS said that they anticipate a "normal workload" for him.

Has anyone heard anything definitive?

50 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

I've been lobbying my league to do this for a few years now.  Currently playing the commissioner for the title and he just lost Scherzer, Severino and Buehler's starts today.   Hopefully that changes things for next year because the last week or 2 of the season are awful for fantasy.

Please, please tell me you are joking. 

5 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Jose Reyes over Amed Rosario..what a joke.

Oh for ffs. Mets really?!?  We have to give the desiccated corpse of Jose Reyes a proper send off. Good Grief. Thanks Mr. Met for one last troll job. 

4 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Please, please tell me you are joking. 

I wish, could use the potential SB. Hopefully Bader gets one, been a while for him.

Just now, murraygd13 said:

I wish, could use the potential SB. Hopefully Bader gets one, been a while for him.

Him being on my bench because he didn't start and swipe two bags in extras last night was so aggravating. And then once more today. Great. 

Any particular teams seem more or less likely to sit players after a few ABs?

Just now, Baur10 said:

Any particular teams seem more or less likely to sit players after a few ABs?

Boston/NYY most likely I think. It's tough I have a lot of JD shares and I don't know what to do I may just bench him today. 

• Like 1