Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Derrick Rose 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I’m just going to leave this here... 

No Butler. Thibs, 16 points at SG (Starting). 

Of course all dependent on Butler and who they get in return.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
Error.
  • Like 1

Eh.. May as well start him off at as a streamer, candidate for first-cut for some early-season FA gold.

• Like 2

I got him as a throw in to a trade and I'm not going to drop him until I see a few games out of him.  FWIW he could be rosterable in 16 team leagues, not expecting much but if he scores in the teens with a couple threes and/or assists then good enough.

Trash. No steals, no assists, no ft’s, not even that many threes. Basically he’s good for nothing. Even for points. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

Trash. No steals, no assists, no ft’s, not even that many threes. Basically he’s good for nothing. Even for points. 

Image result for you died of dysentery

• Haha 1

Anyone agrees that Rose looks like a better option than Teague in pg spot? When Teague is on the court, he doesn’t  cut, doesn’t pick for others, he is just sitting at the top of the key waiting for a mid-range jumper or watching KAT posting up others or watching wiggin butler playing one on one.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, panthers93 said:

good line, probably not worth an add but he's better than boban

feels like boban has burned you before. 

Rose will get minutes knowing tom is notorious for playing favorites. Just ask Dieng why he is paid more than Gibson to sit on the bench

Just now, jamaal99 said:

feels like boban has burned you before. 

Rose will get minutes knowing tom is notorious for playing favorites. Just ask Dieng why he is paid more than Gibson to sit on the bench

never owned boban I'm not stupid enough to add someone that gets 9 mpg but you're right about rose 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WadeW said:

I guess not ? 

Even though I picked him up in a bunch of leagues, I have no faith in Rose.

That being said, it is a contract year.  And there are many examples of players who magically start balling out in a contract year.

Here is my take on DRose:

Last year, Tyreke came off of the bench in Memphis, and had a HIGH usage rate. That amounted to a lot of counting stats in limited minutes and he had a great year.

I think DRose is this years Tyreke Evans. Maybe not as good, but similar. He has a high usage rate off the bench. He is always in attack mode every time he touches the ball, has his coach's confidence, and definitely has a green light. Plus, if Jimmy does get traded this year, BIG IF, you cant help but think DRose is helped by it. Thibs said today that if Rose is healthy hes one of the best players in the league.

Of course he may get injured, but id ride him until the wheels fall off. Low risk, mid-high reward. 

• Like 1

i don't think the reward is that high because all he'll do well is score (he doesn't shoot 3s that well either) but he's a more fun guy to roster than Jeremy lamb so f--- it

Context matters though... Tyreke had high usage in Memphis because Memphis had nobody. They didn't have any NBA caliber guards after Conely went down. The team was basically Marc Gasol and 11 fringe NBA-G League players.  Rose is not going to get this type of usage unless  Jimmy gets traded AND Wiggins+Teague get hurt.

9 minutes ago, HelloMelo said:

Here is my take on DRose:

Last year, Tyreke came off of the bench in Memphis, and had a HIGH usage rate. That amounted to a lot of counting stats in limited minutes and he had a great year.

I think DRose is this years Tyreke Evans. Maybe not as good, but similar. He has a high usage rate off the bench. He is always in attack mode every time he touches the ball, has his coach's confidence, and definitely has a green light. Plus, if Jimmy does get traded this year, BIG IF, you cant help but think DRose is helped by it. Thibs said today that if Rose is healthy hes one of the best players in the league.

Of course he may get injured, but id ride him until the wheels fall off. Low risk, mid-high reward. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cochise316 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2802217-tom-thibodeau-derrick-rose-is-one-of-the-best-in-nba-when-healthy

"As long as he's healthy, he'll be one of the best players in the league," Thibs said Monday.

I don't get the man crush, Thibs needs an intervention. I think we can count on Rose getting fed minutes until he breaks down again. 

When healthy, prior to he injuries, he was. 

I am even not sure if Thibs truly believes what he is saying. But if so, the delusional part of this is Thibs is acting as though the pre-injury Rose still exists as long as he doesn’t have any current injuries. Unfortunately he doesn’t exist anymore.

Hey Thibs qualified his statement with "as long as he's healthy" without quantifying "one of the best players". He could be meaning to say "one of the 200 best players in the league", you know

• Confused 1