Sign in to follow this  
RedDogNamedClippers

Derrick Rose 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Thibs is just so horrible at managing minutes this guy should not be averaging 35+ mins a game 

I hate this f***in guy.

Great coach for fantasy but seriously wtf is wrong with this guy. Has a ridic history of this nonsense. It’s a long season too, it is counter productive if you run your starters into the ground.

And to do this with a guy with Rose’s injury history too :angry:....Teague is back now rose is banged up...Tonight teague wasn’t fully up to speed it seems, looked slow/limpy at time...played 35 mins still:blink:. Revolving door of injuries if everyone playing 40 mins a night 

• Like 1

This train keeps going.  I don't see it stopping anytime soon other than injury.  He's cookin right now...you can see it...explosive...very very confident with his shot too.  We could say historically he's been a bad 3 point shooter, and he will regress towards his mean...but we've also seen many many players evolve to turn themselves into very good 3 point shooters later in their careers, and I think Rose might be the next one in line.  Comeback player of the year by a mile, and possibly WW pickup of the year as well (I'm not counting Siakam as WW).  

Right now he's 73rd on BBM just ahead of Porter, Levert, LMA, Jamal Murray, Conley, and Booker.   Ranked 60th over the last month, and 35th over the last two weeks.  

Note - I tried selling Rose in dynasty and of course no one seems to want him, so unless I get offers I'll probably just end up riding this wave as long as it goes.    

• Like 3

I'm surprised this hasn't really been brought up, any chance he eventually gets the SG tag? Since Teague came back, he's almost exclusively played the 2 guard. He's almost always on the floor with either Tyus or Teague, besides the last game where he closed the game out as the PG.

I may be a biased owner, but surely others have noticed this as well?

5 minutes ago, unluckyshot said:

I'm surprised this hasn't really been brought up, any chance he eventually gets the SG tag? Since Teague came back, he's almost exclusively played the 2 guard. He's almost always on the floor with either Tyus or Teague, besides the last game where he closed the game out as the PG.

I may be a biased owner, but surely others have noticed this as well?

Have 0 interest in playing him at the 2 when I have twice as many SGs as PGs. Yeah, weird though, he spent a lot of his minutes off-ball last year, too.

30 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Have 0 interest in playing him at the 2 when I have twice as many SGs as PGs. Yeah, weird though, he spent a lot of his minutes off-ball last year, too.

Well I meant SG tag in addition to his already PG tag. Would be convenient if he was PG, SG.

On 20/11/2018 at 6:39 AM, hipriest69 said:

This train keeps going.  I don't see it stopping anytime soon other than injury.  He's cookin right now...you can see it...explosive...very very confident with his shot too.  We could say historically he's been a bad 3 point shooter, and he will regress towards his mean...but we've also seen many many players evolve to turn themselves into very good 3 point shooters later in their careers, and I think Rose might be the next one in line.  Comeback player of the year by a mile, and possibly WW pickup of the year as well (I'm not counting Siakam as WW).  

Right now he's 73rd on BBM just ahead of Porter, Levert, LMA, Jamal Murray, Conley, and Booker.   Ranked 60th over the last month, and 35th over the last two weeks.  

Note - I tried selling Rose in dynasty and of course no one seems to want him, so unless I get offers I'll probably just end up riding this wave as long as it goes.    

I'm a believer in his jumpshot improvement.  I think it's legit.  It's still a bit flat but whatever, it's going in.  If JKidd can discover a jumpshot late in his career then why not Rose.

Like you said he looks explosive again attacking the rim which is the best thing to see.  Those crazy jerky herky D.Rose layups from Chicago are back but just a bit stiffer/not as high or quick.  Basically just older lol.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

This revival is special..One of the commentators mentioned DRose uses a medicine ball to train his shooting stroke and it's been working.

what's medicine ball?

1 hour ago, Markillies said:

what's medicine ball?

A weight resistance ball that's heavier than a regulation basketball. Use it to mimic the shootinf fatigue players experience throughout the game.

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN
Reasons

On 11/21/2018 at 9:08 AM, wildcat62 said:

Should be listed as a PG/SG

I wish ESPN would assign the SG tag to him would really need the help but keep ballin Rose wish you was still a Bull

On 10/22/2018 at 10:39 AM, HelloMelo said:

Here is my take on DRose:

Last year, Tyreke came off of the bench in Memphis, and had a HIGH usage rate. That amounted to a lot of counting stats in limited minutes and he had a great year.

I think DRose is this years Tyreke Evans. Maybe not as good, but similar. He has a high usage rate off the bench. He is always in attack mode every time he touches the ball, has his coach's confidence, and definitely has a green light. Plus, if Jimmy does get traded this year, BIG IF, you cant help but think DRose is helped by it. Thibs said today that if Rose is healthy hes one of the best players in the league.

Of course he may get injured, but id ride him until the wheels fall off. Low risk, mid-high reward. 

Was I right in calling him "Last year's Tyreke Evans?"

D Rose in the lead for 6th Man of the Year?  I know Harrell and Sabonis are in the mix as well, but would love to see this guy stay consistent for the year and win it.

1 hour ago, HelloMelo said:

Was I right in calling him "Last year's Tyreke Evans?"

good job man here's a cookie and don't forget to pat yourself on the back

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2018 at 5:01 PM, JrsKars said:

I wish ESPN would assign the SG tag to him would really need the help but keep ballin Rose wish you was still a Bull

He has SG elgibility now on ESPN. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

Thanks for the update

I just noticed it today. I wonder when he gained it? This is a huge help to me with Oladipo and Harris down.

P.S. I am a Bulls fan too and am glad to see Rose having a renaissance.

• Like 1

Not sure why Thibs is allowing Rose to take 29 shots a game.... no wonder Timberbulls lose every game. KAT should have way more usage than he has been getting. Thibs is delusional.