MrJuiceBar

Malcolm Brogdon 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Probably the starting 2 for MIL this year? Lots of mouths to feed on this squad, but the guy doesn't need so much to eat to provide value. Efficient as hell, dude's like a second Darren Collison with a little upside. What are yall's takes on his opportunity this year?

If he's available in the last couple of rounds I'd take a flier but you could probably do better if you're in a 10 teamer. He just doesn't have a lot of opportunity playing 4th fiddle to Greek freak, Middleton and Bledsoe. But like you said he can be like a faux-Darren Collison, cheap pg stats with good efficiency. I'd keep an eye on him for now, I'm pretty sure he's on most waiver wires. 

• Like 1

I got him in 12 team (round 12 i think) but like fbrar says..he's ceilings too low..he's efficient but  not enough threes pts & ast for a guard

I'm willing to drop him for a hot waiver wire

• Like 1

I just added him and I’m optimistic he’ll be rosterable. He’s very efficient and as the starting guard last season he shot 51% in 19 games at 14.6 ppg.9 steals 1.5 tries 3.4 boards and 3.7 assist...he clearly is better as a starter and he’s a year older. 

I like players like Brogdon.  He's like a Eric Snow.  He's not gonna hurt your percentages, you can slot him at PG or SG and expect some points, dimes, boards.  He's built solid.  He's a year older.  I think he could be good.

Brogdon is looking good tonight. I think 15 ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg, and 2 threes is possible on good percentages. I'll definitely take it for an end of bench guy.

17 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Thoughts on him ROS? I am in a 10 team league and debating it.

Glue guy slot machine, u look at his stats at the end of the day and u see no wrong.

Everything else being equal, would you guys rather have a Brogdon, who doesn’t excel at anything, or a Dwight Howard, that will get tons of boards on good percentages but will hurt you in ft%

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Everything else being equal, would you guys rather have a Brogdon, who doesn’t excel at anything, or a Dwight Howard, that will get tons of boards on good percentages but will hurt you in ft%

It depends on your build man.  If you're trying for all 9 cats, Howard gives you a better overall pull with more positives in FG percentage, rebounds, and blocks than Brogdon gives you on anything except FT percentage.  Brogdon is also kind of lackluster on a few stats (rebounds, steals, blocks), he just doesn't tank anything for you.  Really I don't expect Howard to really have the FT volume required to single-handedly butcher your FT percentages.  

• Thanks 1

elite efficiencies and turnovers for guards. just waiting for the steals to come.

early rounder for punt stocks build tho, for sure.

if he could be a 15 pt 50%/90% 3 stock+3's with sub 2 t/o along with the boards and assists that's a monster 9 cat line. very possible

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

if he could be a 15 pt 50%/90% 3 stock+3's with sub 2 t/o along with the boards and assists that's a monster 9 cat line. very possible

He is avging less than 1 Stock per game.  

Wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

He is avging less than 1 Stock per game.  

Wishful thinking.

op said 3 stocks+3's.

brogdon right now is averaging 2.4 stocks+3's (0.6stl + 0.2blk + 1.6 3's). 3 stocks+3's is possible.

STILL, statline OP said is not a monster 9-cat line. Good middle rounder, yeah.

1 minute ago, simon said:

op said 3 stocks+3's.

brogdon right now is averaging 2.4 stocks+3's (0.6stl + 0.2blk + 1.6 3's). 3 stocks+3's is possible.

STILL, statline OP said is not a monster 9-cat line. Good middle rounder, yeah.

I guess it's semantics but I usually see stocks separate from 3s.  Like 1 stock and 2 threes per game.

But regardless I guess by his definition, it's possible.  He is definitely underappreciated. 

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

I guess it's semantics but I usually see stocks separate from 3s.  Like 1 stock and 2 threes per game.

But regardless I guess by his definition, it's possible.  He is definitely underappreciated. 

yeah, i did a double take too. brogdon's stocks is s--- tho, it's the only thing that's hurting his value. i still like him as my 3rd pg.