Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

No topic on people streaming defenses ? I was going to pick the titans this week but they got grabbed before i could get them. It's a tough year for that spot

15 minutes ago, egolam said:

No topic on people streaming defenses ? I was going to pick the titans this week but they got grabbed before i could get them. It's a tough year for that spot

There's a whole topic about streaming defenses in the Assistant Coach forum:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good kicker pickup is Fairbairn from HOU. Offense gets better every week and has been solid so far. Put up double digits all but one game for me. Only 13% owned in yahoo leagues

I really like Hayden Hurst as a speculative add. Maybe more next week, but if he were to play + have a good game out of the box....

Not many TEs with upside out there. It probably beats rostering a guy like Gates in deep, 2 TE leagues at this point. He was a 1st round TE....those guys are drafted to make an impact out of the box. 

15 minutes ago, nlm said:

I really like Hayden Hurst as a speculative add. Maybe more next week, but if he were to play + have a good game out of the box....

Not many TEs with upside out there. It probably beats rostering a guy like Gates in deep, 2 TE leagues at this point. He was a 1st round TE....those guys are drafted to make an impact out of the box. 

No they aren't. Evan Engram is the only 1st round TE that has performed well as a rookie in recent memory.

Ty Montgomery? I know Valdez-Scalding is “the next man up” but I think he’d replace Allison on the outside which could open up slot snaps for Ty.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

No they aren't. Evan Engram is the only 1st round TE that has performed well as a rookie in recent memory.

I guess so. Even saying, I would still take a dart throw on a 1st rounder when the position is this bare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF12 said:

Would you say out of all 3 that gabriel has the most potential? This is a good add but idk if you can trust trubisky 

I think between Gabriel, Taylor, and Coutee...Coutee has most potential. All Have WR3/4 potential moving forward, but if Fuller is out extended period of times, Keke is essentially the only other reliable passing option other than Hopkins for HOU. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Thoughts on Marquez Valdes-Scantling If Adams and/or Geronimo cat go?

Calculated dart throw. I’d say Ty Montgomery would benefit if you’re RB-eligible needy. 

• Thanks 1

Might be proactive to add Mark Walton.  If Gio is OUT this week (currently not practicing) and Mixon is not cleared, then Walton might be pressed for duty.  Clearly a drop if either of the two are active.

47 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Might be proactive to add Mark Walton.  If Gio is OUT this week (currently not practicing) and Mixon is not cleared, then Walton might be pressed for duty.  Clearly a drop if either of the two are active.

Was thinking of adding Walton but It looks like Mixon practiced today and looks to be on track to play this weekend.  

On 10/3/2018 at 1:05 AM, KA13 said:

De'Lance Turner -- Another deep speculative add, but could see more work as a rusher if Harbaugh can't tolerate Collins fumble issues. 

Collins is a DNP in practice today.

DeLance had a reception and one carry last week -- in line to get more work this week. 

On a side note, how is it that Rotoworld doesn't even have DeLance listed on the Ravens roster?!?

Everyone sleeping on this dude.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Was thinking of adding Walton but It looks like Mixon practiced today and looks to be on track to play this weekend.  

Mixon is practicing (limited), but the medical team hasn't cleared him for the game yet.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Collins is a DNP in practice today.

DeLance had a reception and one carry last week -- in line to get more work this week. 

On a side note, how is it that Rotoworld doesn't even have DeLance listed on the Ravens roster?!?

Everyone sleeping on this dude.

No idea, but he still doesn't show up in ESPN leagues.

Added Greg Olsen.

He seems way overrated to me though.

Another deeper league add

Ryan Switzer, WR PIT: Seems to have leapfrogged James Washington on the Steelers depth chart.  Being used all over the field (pass game, rush attack, & special teams).  Received 7 targets a week ago, and should see high volume again in an expected shootout with the Falcons this weekend.  Under the radar add, especially in leagues that score return yards. 

• Like 1

I’m a Doyle owner who grabbed Cameron Brate.   Could be a good filler while Howard and Doyle are out, next week. And ask me why I know doyle will be out next week... What is wrong with this guy and when will he play again? LOL

Edited by Leafsphan
  • Like 1

Add Doyle if dropped in your league. Luck loves TE’s.

There’s just that 2 TE problem with Ebron. Willy Snead is a guy I have my eyes on. He is consistently targeted and has a predictable floor in PPR.