StickerHappy

Miles Bridges 2018-2019 Season Outlook

We need to talk about this kid. Drafted 12th by LA Clippers which was traded on draft day to Charlotte Hornets. Plays normally at SF but will he be able to get minutes at PF? He was fantastic for the past 2 preseason games. What are your thoughts of him?

already picked this guy up, hes too good to not get minutes & it somewhat helps that MKG is out with a concussion 

Probably not a priority add for standard 12 team leagues, but reading the tea leaves I do think he has a chance to be relevant this year.  If you have room on your bench in deeper leagues, now is the time to stash on your bench before it's too late.  In dynasty it's already too late.  I know it's just preseason, but it appears Charlotte is changing their paradigm this season to an up-tempo system and positionless basketball, which feeds right into Bridges' skill set.  He can get minutes at SF behind Batum, but to me he looks more like a modern day stretch 4.  He could even start sooner than later at PF with only scrubs such as MKG, Frank the Tank and Marvin Williams at PF.  He might even get some minutes as a small-ball center with Howard out of the picture and only stiffs like Zeller and Willy H competing for center minutes.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Probably not a priority add for standard 12 team leagues, but reading the tea leaves I do think he has a chance to be relevant this year.  If you have room on your bench in deeper leagues, now is the time to stash on your bench before it's too late.  In dynasty it's already too late.  I know it's just preseason, but it appears Charlotte is changing their paradigm this season to an up-tempo system and positionless basketball, which feeds right into Bridges' skill set.  He can get minutes at SF behind Batum, but to me he looks more like a modern day stretch 4.  He could even start sooner than later at PF with only scrubs such as MKG, Frank the Tank and Marvin Williams at PF.  He might even get some minutes as a small-ball center with Howard out of the picture and only stiffs like Zeller and Willy H competing for center minutes.

I already scooped him up in my 14 teamers and one of my 12 team leagues. I liked his versatility of able to drive to the basket and confidence of shooting threes. With the new uptempo style of play in Charlotte, they will be needing more shooters which MKG or Kaminsky is not. Let's see where his minutes will come but the Hornets can play small with him at 4.

I think he can have an ok bench role, but don't know if that'll be enough to add him. He has too many veterans ahead of him and needs another injury to get his opportunity.

Remember, this is still preseason where they give every rookie and bench fodder tons of run.

• Like 3

Hype train picking up steam...might wanna book the tickets early boys!

Miles Bridges has played at small forward, power forward and center over the Hornets first two preseason games.

Bridges impressive play has been a very pleasant surprise for the Hornets early on. Over their first two preseason contests, Bridges is averaging 16.5 points while shooting 59 percent from the field and 50 percent from 3-point range. In addition to both forward spots, he's also played some small-ball center. Coach James Borrego has praised his performance. "He gets better every day. He picks things up quicker than I anticipated," Borrego said on Monday. "His feel for the NBA game is much higher than I thought. He’s starting to figure out rhythm, screening action, terminology."

Already swoop him all my leagues, this guy is raw,  Charlotte definitely wanna win so it only make sense to give this kid of the crumbs he can eat

17 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

Already swoop him all my leagues, this guy is raw,  Charlotte definitely wanna win so it only make sense to give this kid of the crumbs he can eat

Including 10-team league ?

53 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Including 10-team league ?

I wouldn't touch him in a 10-team league. 14 + and maybe 12 if you have someone to drop. The talent is there but we have to be rational to think if he will get enough minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

In the last 4 season Marvin Williams averaged almost 30 mpg and i see those mins go to Miles

Marv is still gonna see 25+, but I could see Miles getting around 20. The thing he has going for him is being able to play both forward spots and a little bit of center for small ball, so maybe 25 isn't far off lol

Edited by DezedandConfused

yea I agree minutes in mid-high 20s. I mean he doesn't have much competition- Marvin, MKG, Frank.. these guys bums

AND he looks NBA ready already geez maybe after shedding 20 lbs this off season he can go back to his freshman year form w stocksss

7 hours ago, StickerHappy said:

I wouldn't touch him in a 10-team league. 14 + and maybe 12 if you have someone to drop. The talent is there but we have to be rational to think if he will get enough minutes.

I send u many praises. didn’t know it was possible to be rational here. 

• Like 2

This year’s Donovan Mitchell. Targeting him in all my drafts but the secret’s out so if the price is good, don’t hesitate to nab him. 

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, StickerHappy said:

I already scooped him up in my 14 teamers and one of my 12 team leagues. I liked his versatility of able to drive to the basket and confidence of shooting threes. With the new uptempo style of play in Charlotte, they will be needing more shooters which MKG or Kaminsky is not. Let's see where his minutes will come but the Hornets can play small with him at 4.

Kaminsky shot 38% from 3.  What are you talking about?

4 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

This year’s Donovan Mitchell. Targeting him in all my drafts but the secret’s out so if the price is good, don’t hesitate to nab him. 

That’s exactly my thoughts as well, they just don’t have enough good players on that team beside kemba, this kid shows what he can do and it’s obvious the coach love him, letting him ball 25+ mins to see what he can do, He doesn’t have any threat, MKG and Marvin are inconsistent and injury prone.  You don’t snag this kid now, u gonna be left in the dust 

10 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

With his stock rising, I can get Kaminsky for the low. *Excellent!!*

Sounds like subterfuge 

• Like 1