StickerHappy

Miles Bridges 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Borrego likes to run small and instead of Batum at 5 this guy seems more capable of doing it. 3-4-5 guy should hit 20mins. Hopefully he does something with that. More of a luxury stash

7 hours ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

He score 10Pts on the garbage time....lol

Just dropped Vonleh for him so nothing to lose. Borrego is still tinkering his lineups anyway. 

10 hours ago, Philzilla said:

Holy moly. He’s going to force his way into the rotation quick. 

Most of these occur in the 4th quarter, up by 20pts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Just dropped Vonleh for him so nothing to lose. Borrego is still tinkering his lineups anyway. 

No prob...

like you said.. « nothing to lose »

1 hour ago, Roto4500 said:

Still, it's better than putting up mediocre numbers during garbage time. Or not playing at all.

Baby steps.

• Like 1

Only small sample size so far but does his fantasy game remind anybody of Terrence Jones...when u know he wasn’t a pain in the a** to own (10% of the time :wacko:)

Athethic 3/4 tweener, gd rebounder, decent shooting stroke, defensively raw/lil unrefined out there at times but gets by via physicality. 

Granted Bridges have a much higher upside/more refined but his game def reminds me of Jones 

6 hours ago, Roto4500 said:

Yeah, but he was the first guy off the bench in 1st Q, that's got to mean something, right?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

Only small sample size so far but does his fantasy game remind anybody of Terrence Jones...when u know he wasn’t a pain in the a** to own (10% of the time :wacko:)

Athethic 3/4 tweener, gd rebounder, decent shooting stroke, defensively raw/lil unrefined out there at times but gets by via physicality. 

Granted Bridges have a much higher upside/more refined but his game def reminds me of Jones 

Horrible comparison and extremely insulting to Bridges.  Almost as bad as the Josh Smith comparison earlier in the thread. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Horrible comparison and extremely insulting to Bridges.  Almost as bad as the Josh Smith comparison earlier in the thread. 

Guy....I said his fantasy game is similar, even made it a note to say Miles is extremely talented and has wayyy more upside then Jones ever did. 

Tweener, decent stroke for position, great athlete. Difference...Bridges isn’t a complete bonehead. Geez...not insulting the guy...own him.

And yes he’s not a gd player in real life, but when he was on, which is rarrrrely lmao, Tj used to be a fantasy stat stuffer....the main comparison I’m trying to make....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

I mean..Josh Smith was a top 20-25 fantasy player for half his career... I think most, if not all, would be more than pleased if Bridges came anywhere close to that level of production.

I was also trying to think about who he plays like. A good player comparison is hard to nail down. Plays like Tobias Harris but built like a bulldog PJ Tucket type. Big NBA body. He has a quick first step, he’s aggressive going to the basket, can finish with either hand, great aerial body control, sweet jumper. Goes to the rim and shoots with confidence. Hits big 3s and thunderous dunks. Would get a lot more minutes if Batum, Marvin, or MKG goes down. Coach loves him. I’m speculating that hes going to start soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

What are some holes in his game? Can't believe such talent didn't go higher. 

Bridges was actually kind of in that weird spot in the draft -- 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th pick -- where a lot solidplayers end up being snatched up for some reason.

Idk seems like teams "reach" for the higher upside prospects earlier in the lottery -- which sometimes bust -- while the more polished players (who might be sophomores or juniors) go around this spot.

Just a thought that crossed my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IDatDude said:

Guy....I said his fantasy game is similar, even made it a note to say Miles is extremely talented and has wayyy more upside then Jones ever did. 

Tweener, decent stroke for position, great athlete. Difference...Bridges isn’t a complete bonehead. Geez...not insulting the guy...own him.

And yes he’s not a gd player in real life, but when he was on, which is rarrrrely lmao, Tj used to be a fantasy stat stuffer....the main comparison I’m trying to make....

TJ had 2 decent seasons in that high octane Houston Rockets system, when he had every opportunity in the world to take the next step and he couldn't keep his job .  He never had a clue and could never develop his game to match his physical potential.  Even during his two good seasons he could only average .5 3PM so his stroke was far from decent and he could not adapt to the stretch PF role Houston needed.  He wasn't a tweener either because he could never have played SF.

They are nothing alike except they are tall and black.  It is like people saying Doncic and Gallinari are alike because they are tall white Euros, when their games are nothing alike.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, q6174 said:

Why doesn't he get rebounds?

The important stat isn't so much the rebounds, but the 30+ mins he got tonight, in crunch time at that. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

The important stat isn't so much the rebounds, but the 30+ mins he got tonight, in crunch time at that. Let's see what happens. 

Came here to say this. First sub in, played PF mostly, alongside Lamb and Batum. This is good. Also good, MKG sucked, and Marvin Williams continues to be the least athletic starting PF in the league. 

If you're looking for a sign, 30 minutes is a season high for Miles.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Came here to say this. First sub in, played PF mostly, alongside Lamb and Batum. This is good. Also good, MKG sucked, and Marvin Williams continues to be the least athletic starting PF in the league. 

also hornets need his fire power,beside kemba,monk or maybe lamb,other people just can't shoot(batum is not big scorer)

28 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

MKG was the first sub in today....Miles followed him a couple minutes after.

Still, another step in the right direction!

As soon as I saw tonight's box score, I dropped Ariza fast as hell for Miles ! ! !

F that s h i t... I don't wanna be late for the party ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Stefan