StickerHappy

Miles Bridges 2018-2019 Season Outlook

18 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

I know I'm not the only one salivating at the possibility of having both Bridges on their team being useful contributors ROS, and renaming their team "Burning Bridges" or something like that.

All aboard!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Why is everyone so hyped with him? was Marvin Williams' injury severe? if not, then he will be back to his low 20s mins soon?

1 minute ago, t0087669 said:

Why is everyone so hyped with him? was Marvin Williams' injury severe? if not, then he will be back to his low 20s mins soon?

I think he takes Batum's job. Marvin's injury helps too

2 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Watch him play, he's got the IT factor written all over him MJ would be in love

Edited by EmbiidGOAT

7 minutes ago, blabety said:

Shut up. IDC. would you cut Batum for him?

will Hornets really play Bridges ahead of Batum?

He is great for fantasy and i don't see why Βοrrego doesn't trust him more up until now! Marvin is on his decline...hopefully a long term injury does the trick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, enik said:

He is great for fantasy and i don't see why Βοrrego doesn't trust him more up until now! Marvin is on his decline...hopefully a long term injury does the trick.

great first post Enik! hype train moving along!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sickrookie said:

Very intriguing upside. Could be fantasy gold if given the minutes. Let's see if this's gonna work out.  

Dynasty League. Most rookies are who the stats say they are for the rest of the season. 22-28 minutes a game and maybe add 10-15% on to current stats.  Fantasy gold in 2-3 years.

Marvin Williams (shoulder) will be re-evaluated next week.

An MRI confirmed that he suffered a right shoulder strain. With the Hornets re-evaluating him next week, that means Williams will miss games agains the Wolves, Nuggets and Knicks. Miles Bridges is coming off one of his best games with 16 points, eight rebounds, one assist, two blocks and three triples, but just keep in mind that the Hornets only play three times this week and their first game isn't until Wednesday.
Source: Hornets on Twitter

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Marvin Williams (shoulder) will be re-evaluated next week.

An MRI confirmed that he suffered a right shoulder strain. With the Hornets re-evaluating him next week, that means Williams will miss games agains the Wolves, Nuggets and Knicks. Miles Bridges is coming off one of his best games with 16 points, eight rebounds, one assist, two blocks and three triples, but just keep in mind that the Hornets only play three times this week and their first game isn't until Wednesday.
Source: Hornets on Twitter

For weekly lock leagues, this update is a godsend. I love the Hornets twitter.

Fire him up!

10 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

You know James Borrego is just reading this thread and like

image.jpeg.52ba8369aaeec0771685930bbf489d6b.jpeg

Probably thinking to himself "Now is the time to troll everyone with 38 minutes of MKG"

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, DidiFan said:

Probably thinking to himself "Now is the time to troll everyone with 38 minutes of MKG"

giphy.gif

Would be the pits, as I dropped MKG for Bridges

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dropped him everywhere a few weeks ago, and grabbed him back (most) everywhere yesterday.  Batum turning into a pumpkin really sets the stage for him to take off.  He has a great fantasy profile and I'm sure he sees his college teammate JJJ balling out and gains confidence from it.  hoping for 32 minutes a game this week.

Big opportunity to show what he can do with extended minutes. Even when Williams comes back hopefully he can earn first man off the bench designation with 28mpg.

Hope he doesn't turn out like Mikal Bridges who disappeared once he got into the starting lineup..

Borrego strikes me as a fantasy value killer for anyone other than Kemba and maybe Lamb.   

Rick Bonnell
No decision yet by Borrego on who will replace Marvin Williams as starter at power forward in Minny. Choices are Bridges, MKG or Kaminsky (who will go back to playing some 4 in certain situations). Sounds like matchup will partially dictate this game-to-game.

Didnt he start the 2nd half VS NO (come on at least as "big" as MIN no?) so why is the size thing even an issue? 

22 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Didnt he start the 2nd half VS NO (come on at least as "big" as MIN no?) so why is the size thing even an issue? 

I hate when coaches obsess over the matchups matchups like this instead of letting the players play. You see this a lot in baseball and it often costs teams big. 

Let the kid play! It's not 2002. If size was such a factor, we wouldn't be saying "Free Boban!"

14 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I hate when coaches obsess over the matchups matchups like this instead of letting the players play. You see this a lot in baseball and it often costs teams big. 

Let the kid play! It's not 2002. If size was such a factor, we wouldn't be saying "Free Boban!"

Agree, I'm not worried though. Not even the coach can stop this train