jnormy

Joe Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

So what's up with this guy this season? Made some good progress with the Nets last year and they liked him enough to give him a 2-year deal to stay in Brooklyn. Sharpshooter who could be elite for threes, posts solid ratios, and set career highs in most other stats last year. Does he take another step forward in 18-19 as a key rotation piece in Brooklyn, and for fantasy teams? 

Edited by jnormy

Depending on your league depth he could be a solid role player or one of those players who bounce in and out of the waiver wire and play for 10 different teams across the season.  Players who can hit threes on decent percentages and points are a dime a dozen.  He’s a solid player but what recommends him over a player such as Wayne Ellington? There’s more shooting guards who can score 12 ppg and hit 2.5 3pg than there are slots on your roster.  

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Depending on your league depth he could be a solid role player or one of those players who bounce in and out of the waiver wire and play for 10 different teams across the season.  Players who can hit threes on decent percentages and points are a dime a dozen.  He’s a solid player but what recommends him over a player such as Wayne Ellington? There’s more shooting guards who can score 12 ppg and hit 2.5 3pg than there are slots on your roster.  

Sure but in deeper leagues he's a bit more valuable as he'll likely shoot around 50% from the field.  Here's a fun stat about him that helps explain why - among players with at least 100 attempts he led the entire league in FG% on drives to the rim at something like 64%.  Second was Lebron at 60%.  Couple that with him shooting over 40% from 3.  I didn't check but he also seems to have a penchant for getting higher peripheral stats than Ellington.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Sure but in deeper leagues he's a bit more valuable as he'll likely shoot around 50% from the field.  Here's a fun stat about him that helps explain why - among players with at least 100 attempts he led the entire league in FG% on drives to the rim at something like 64%.  Second was Lebron at 60%.  Couple that with him shooting over 40% from 3.  I didn't check but he also seems to have a penchant for getting higher peripheral stats than Ellington.    

That’s what I’m saying. In deep leagues you’ll not only roster 3 and D players but they’re actually reasonably important.  Harris might be one of the better of them.  But in shallow leagues he’s really nothing to get excited about. FWIW I really don’t play leagues with fewer than 14 GMs and he’s never been on any WW.  

• Like 1

Does Crabbe's chronic left ankle issue bump Harris' value up?

Edited by jnormy

On 10/9/2018 at 10:15 AM, jnormy said:

Does Crabbe's chronic left ankle issue bump Harris' value up?

caris and joe will man the 2 and 3 spots and slide carrol to 4 so i guess he could get around 25mins with dinwiddie and shabazz in the mix in the 2 spot

He's a good plug and play for the first couple of weeks or so as BKN really hurting at the wings (first Crabbe & now DeMarre out for awhile).  Napier out too so Harris, along with Russell, Dinwiddie and LeVert should all see a lot of PT.

• Like 1

just waiting for the right time to dump him...which may be never?

I would assume Dudley and Carroll get smaller roles when everyone is healthy

He’s been about as good as I thought, maybe a little better.  No reason to drop him even in 12 team leagues imo.  I play 14+ and he’s been really good in deep leagues. 

He's looking solid with 4 more 3PTS vs DET and he played a whopping 41 minutes (w/ Crabbe back)!  He's become that 3PT marksman for this Nets team.  There's no need for him to create his own shot with Russell, LaVert and Dinwiddie on the court, they will find him waiting on the 3PT line.  Mind you, he has shown the ability to create his own shot while hanging out on the perimeter whether it's a screen or dribbling, side step and shoot.   I'm in a 20 Team League and with Saric (who I own) struggling, Harris is a fantastic replacement.

4 minutes ago, Boner said:

J.J. Redick, Jr.

Lol, with his beard he’s more like Sr. but he is playing well. He’s replaced Crabbe, I’m curious to see if he can keep him at bay.

Harris just keeps on rolling with the 3PT shot! Another 4 tonight and I was in need of improving this CAT. Harris is certainly doing that right now and he played 32 minutes!

This guy is one of the most underrated FA out there. Consistent 3s with decent %, as long as he is given the minutes.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:54 AM, NBA_OG said:

This guy is one of the most underrated FA out there. Consistent 3s with decent %, as long as he is given the minutes.

Generic name, generic face, generic team. But he's been pretty solid, I'm not complaining. 

3 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Up production with Levert out of the picture?

I guess there is now a solid chance he keeps up this level of production. I don't think he can get better than this or he ll get more than 30 mins per game.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:02 AM, RipCity0 said:

I guess there is now a solid chance he keeps up this level of production. I don't think he can get better than this or he ll get more than 30 mins per game.

I've owned him since 14 November. He's been good to me. In 12 team leagues it's time for him to be owned and not just streamed.