jnormy

Joe Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 19.12.2018 г. at 5:48 AM, Cdub2k said:

I've owned him since 14 November. He's been good to me. In 12 team leagues it's time for him to be owned and not just streamed. 

I think it's time for him to be owned in 10 team leagues, too. I am first in mine, but with 4 injured players i looked for some help in 3PM cat and i added him instead of Eric Gordon. Harris' efficiency is crazy!

• Like 1

solid all round really. And like you guys said, I think he's WELL past the streaming stage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Kinda like a poor man's Joe Ingles.

more like poor man JJ redick,lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kane said:

more like poor man JJ redick,lol

I think if BKN trade the snitch, Joe can be more fantasy useful than JJ, especially in roto leagues. JJ is nothing more than spot up 3pt shooter. Harris is better defender than him and can bring more rebs and steals. The only cats in which JJ clearly is untouchable are FT and PTS. 3PM is determined by the fact that JJ is the only shooter in Philly and Harris should split the shots with inconsistent ball hogs like the snitch and Crabe. And Harris plays with such a fire and aggression on the both ends, that are not very typical for JJ. In the end better comparison than that with Ingles, but "poor man JJ" is not fair evaluation for Harris' game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

People still sleeping on this guy 

Suprising but true. Not too many efficient 3 pt shooters just sitting on the wire. It must be his low defensive numbers that make GM’s turn the other way. I bet if he avg 15pt ppg or collected at 1 steal per game he would be rostered a lot more. 

• Like 1

I’m rostering him in a few leagues but tbf it’s not surprising why he’s not that exciting to people.  Scoring in the teens and with 2.5 threes isn’t scarce at all.  His high FG% along with the threes might be, but it’s not on meaningful volume.  He’s a glue guy but he doesn’t really move the needle.

50 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’m rostering him in a few leagues but tbf it’s not surprising why he’s not that exciting to people.  Scoring in the teens and with 2.5 threes isn’t scarce at all.  His high FG% along with the threes might be, but it’s not on meaningful volume.  He’s a glue guy but he doesn’t really move the needle.

Exactly! I don’t have him rostered anywhere as I chose Huerter’s upside and stocks to round out my bench. To me Harris is a nice option if he’s at end of your bench. Solid player and you know what to expect when he’s inserted into the lineup. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think its pretty meaningful volume. same positive fg volume as irving ranked top 8 for guards. (curry is ranked 6th for guards)

csb-owning j harris, brog, buddy murder my stocks but they are so efficient I think I might punt steals along with assist

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

I think its pretty meaningful volume. same positive fg volume as irving ranked top 8 for guards. (curry is ranked 6th for guards)

csb-owning j harris, brog, buddy murder my stocks but they are so efficient I think I might punt steals along with assist

You might be right. I just think when you can start comparing him to other guys ranked inside the top 100 who might be rosterable and whom you can find on the waiver wire he’s not clearly better than them.  Take Marcus Smart for example.  Harris has drastically better FG than he does, as well as more threes and points.  But Smart is absolutely dominant in steals and has a great A/To ratio.  Like I said, I’m rostering him as he’s clearly rosterable, he’s even my 8th best player in one roto league.  But he’s not moving the needle for me and I think there are other players who I picked from the wire who are better eg Smart. 

Edited by StifleTower2

I hate that I had to bench him today but he is having a great night. I just don't have room for him when all of my Reg's have games on the same night

6 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Can he do this throughout the year ?

He is doing it 2 and a half months in the season, so i believe in him. I expect some drop of usage when LeVert returns, but Nets will be active sellers at the deadline (i doubt that they will jeopardize long term future for some first round exit), so he can be even better. Especially if Dinwiddie is the only PG in Brooklyn after the deadline.

22 minutes ago, FreeJordanBell said:

Can he do this throughout the year ?

By the eye test, he has the ability to so if that's what you're asking

Edited by royalm

can I be picky and say would love 1  steal a game from him from here ?

gotta give some love to this guy again. Fantastic line today.