heyitsmattdelly

Patrick Beverley 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Whats up with Beverley?

I never expected great fg% or points from him and the main reason why I drafted him was due to his defensive contributions, which hes not even providing.

I get that his minutes are lower this season in the mid 20's, but he should still be able to average over a 1 steal a game.

It's getting pretty tough to hold onto him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheCoon said:

Whats up with Beverley?

I never expected great fg% or points from him and the main reason why I drafted him was due to his defensive contributions, which hes not even providing.

I get that his minutes are lower this season in the mid 20's, but he should still be able to average over a 1 steal a game.

SGA playing solidly and has taken minutes from him

Additionally, Beverley has probably lost a bit since his injury. I've been watching Clippers games (since I own SGA), and it sort of seems like Beverley has gradually gotten more of his aggressiveness back over the season. But the SGA timeshare will probably be a hindrance to his fantasy value ROS.

9 hours ago, TheCoon said:

Whats up with Beverley?

Same thoughts here. Thinking of dropping. 

On 10/24/2018 at 6:24 AM, PasqualeSiakam said:

Anything to see here? If he can maintain his production, I see him as a solid punt fg% contributor

Yeah but its usually pretty low volume so dont necessarily have to punt FG%.

anyone think the stocks will come back? Thats the only thing limiting his value right now

Good question - in years past, you could rely on him for stocks from the PG spot, but he’s not providing that at all this year.  Had to let him go

There is no reason to believe that he will not get back to 1.2-15 steals per game, Its been his MO eversince. He had wrist surgery last season so he is a bit rusty. But its just a matter of time before he ramps up his activity. The past 2 weeks hes at top77 in 9cat so he is heating up imo, and should be scooped up in 14+ teamers in need of extra steals, 3s and assists. 

Edited by ELGianni88

More than that, in daily leagues the clippers are the only team playing Monday and Tuesday.  There's a decent chance whoever you have on the end of your bench is playing Wednesday, and will just be sitting on your bench anyway. No one is playing on Thanksgiving sooooooo... 

Beverly is an easy add in lots of leagues this week. 

Out of the trenches of mediocrity, ol Pat decided to show up last night with a line of:

3 pts, 11 boards, 7 assists, and 3 blocks

The points were underwhelming (as usual with him), but the rest of it...just wow....

I know not to expect this consistently from him but that was only done in 25 mins of court time.

Did anyone happen to watch the game and see what caused this outburst?

my god - he went bonkers last night and could have some value with Gallo out for a bit

Three 3s, 9 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block at the half.  Beverley has been really good lately and it looks like he’s back.  Hopefully this sticks when Gallo gets back, as his absence has been mentioned in correlation with Pat’s bump in production. 

You guys think he's worth holding onto in 9-cat? I can't decide between him, Huerter, Satoransky, Prince, or Thomas Bryant. 

Edited by Tierjerk

5 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

You guys think he's worth holding onto in 9-cat? I can't decide between him, Huerter, Satoransky, Prince, or Thomas Bryant. 

I'd keep sato out all of them

I like him a little more now that Bradley is gone but not sure how much more. 

Shocked he didn't get dealt with how blow up happy 

The question is he better than Tyler Johnson (now in PHX?)

they are in semi tank mode so why need a defender like bev? they will unlesh SGA and still need Lou to score, look what shamet brings. I doubt Pat Bev will be that great ROS.

1 minute ago, RCRanger03 said:

Shocked he didn't get dealt with how blow up happy 

The question is he better than Tyler Johnson (now in PHX?)

Johnson and Wright as well

all same flier kinda tier IMO but think i prefer wright over all

Edited by kmoore1521

37 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Buyout candidate?

He had to have trade value if they wanted to shop him, dude can still play and defensive 3pm PG depth is valuable in the playoffs

How come this dude gets no love? Keeps cruising along with top 50 production during the past month. Has 5 steals in the first half tonight

• Like 1

Doc Rivers seems to luv Pat Bev, and how can you not? Next time you watch a Clippers game (like the one last night where he tore my Lakers to shreds defensively), watch him rather than the ball, on D#. The amount of chaos and turmoil he causes on the opposite end of the floor is beyond envious; its f***in sick. Potentially my pick up of the year, and this is coming from someone who managed to snag Brook Lopez earlier on.