EmbargoLifted

2019 First Rounders Discussion

Recommended Posts

i do like how they only took 1 pitcher.  seems like they agree with me @colepenhagen

 

:D

 

also Gary Sanchez in the 3rd

Edited by jfazz23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

smh you hade 0

 

 

 

they had 1 in the top 15.  and i think i updated my top 12 or 15 and had madmax in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jfazz23 said:

 

they had 1 in the top 15.  and i think i updated my top 12 or 15 and had madmax in there

I guess I missed it and was going off how you said multiple times in the bregman thread that you wont have a pitcher in the 1st.

anyways these guys that drafted are nothing special and a draft on 10/11 means little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

I guess I missed it and was going off how you said multiple times in the bregman thread that you wont have a pitcher in the 1st.

anyways these guys that drafted are nothing special and a draft on 10/11 means little.

 

im hoping for 11th or 12th pick this year.

 

looks like ill be able to get bregman/acuna or bregman/judge

 

i also like correa in the 3rd too

Edited by jfazz23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a run on SP in the top of the 2nd round. Most of the experts wanted to net 1 ace. If the draft flow is grabbing the remaing top aces in the 2nd. Taking a pitcher late first and hitter early second makes sense. You lose nothing delaying taking a hitter a few picks later.

 

2 bats, 1 pitcher looks to be the blueprint for first 3 rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

The guy who took Acuna in the 1st, is the one who Mondesi in the 2nd and Marquez in the 4th..

 

Just throwing that out there.

 

5 hours ago, FouLLine said:

 

Yeah okay so this guy is just trying to be talked about... Let's just call him a non credible source and not give him the satisfaction about talking about his d

 

Yeah, I didn't take the time to click on the link and see who drafted who. I just saw the questionable pics listed here. I wouldn't say the guy loses credibility because he may go with a high-risk strategy that he wouldn't normally pursue. He is definitely willing to take a high-stakes risk in a high-stakes league. If it works out for him, great, but I wouldn't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve played in leagues with some of those guys.  They’re solid players...many take shots.  Anyone who can steal bases is going to get a big bump compared to a “regular” league

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I’ve played in leagues with some of those guys.  They’re solid players...many take shots.  Anyone who can steal bases is going to get a big bump compared to a “regular” league

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bbfdf0c42445a6d49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, colepenhagen said:

1st rd pick in baseball NEVER wins you the league (guy ended up with Mookie and max and finished dead last.)

No doubt, especially in 23-spot roto...I often use this as an example, but its a good one, guy had Trout for $1 keeper 2011-2014 and not once finished in the money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I’ve played in leagues with some of those guys.  They’re solid players...many take shots.  Anyone who can steal bases is going to get a big bump compared to a “regular” league

 

Image result for bragger gif

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... I can’t brag too much.  I’ve yet to win one against them.  I’m not special, Anyone can join if they put up the buy.  That one was $125.00.  

 

Just trying to give a reasoning behind the acuna and mondesi picks.  I was curious how high both would go.  Thought they’d go early but Didn’t expect it to be that early tbh

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Well... I can’t brag too much.  I’ve yet to win one against them.  I’m not special, Anyone can join if they put up the buy.  That one was $125.00.  

 

Just trying to give a reasoning behind the acuna and mondesi picks.  I was curious how high both would go.  Thought they’d go early but Didn’t expect it to be that early tbh

 

not sure why ppl attacked u.  im hoping they were just joking.  its cool that you played against them, thanks for the info.

 

its one of those things...if acuna hits 300 with 38 homers and 30 steals you look like a genius.  if he has a soso sophomore year like Bellinger did this year then you look like a fool.  i mean im still taking joram and lindor there....and yelich after them for the power/speed combo

  i do like acuna but i think ill take a chance on him early 2nd if hes around

Edited by jfazz23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 12:44 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

 

 

Baez at 11 seems like a bad risk to me. He was #17 last year and I think he regresses. I’ll gladly take the L on a first round price on a sub 5 percent walk striking out over 25 percent. If he repeats so be it , it’s a poor investment.

 

No issues with the other picks either. The Acuna one is one I wouldn’t make, but it could at least be a league winner if he improves and does it for a full season.  I’ll take Ramirez and Lindor though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the board, the one people had an issue with seemed to be altuve .

 

i can’t imagine acunas adp

will be more than Ramirez.  

 

Every one of those hitters has the capability to steal bases outside of arenando and JD 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 3:44 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

 

 

Dynasty? Sure. Redraft? No way.

 

* Turner and Altuve should be higher given the scarcity of SB and the fact that league-wide batting averages are plunging. In 2018 MLB-wide AVG and SB were both the lowest since 1972.

* Love me some Acuna, but he has to be below Lindor, Ramirez, Altuve, Turner and Yelich until he has a track record longer than 111 games.

* Arenado also belongs above Baez and Bregman based on his long track record.

 

I think you have to knock Acuna, Baez and perhaps Bregman out of the top-12, and move Arenado, Machado, and perhaps deGrom in there. I'd go:

* Trout, Betts, JoRam, Turner, Altuve, Lindor, Arenado, Yelich, Scherzer, JDM, Machado, deGrom.

I can be persuaded Harper or Bregman over deGrom at #12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

Baez at 11 seems like a bad risk to me. He was #17 last year and I think he regresses. I’ll gladly take the L on a first round price on a sub 5 percent walk striking out over 25 percent. If he repeats so be it , it’s a poor investment.

 

No issues with the other picks either. The Acuna one is one I wouldn’t make, but it could at least be a league winner if he improves and does it for a full season.  I’ll take Ramirez and Lindor though.

 

As noted by others, the #3 pick is never a "league winner".  At the #3 pick, there's massive downside and minimal upside. The more likely "league winner" this year is Eloy Jimenez in the 17th. Or Alex Reyes in the 23rd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Well... I can’t brag too much.  I’ve yet to win one against them.  I’m not special, Anyone can join if they put up the buy.  That one was $125.00.  

 

Just trying to give a reasoning behind the acuna and mondesi picks.  I was curious how high both would go.  Thought they’d go early but Didn’t expect it to be that early tbh

 

12 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

 

not sure why ppl attacked u.  im hoping they were just joking.  its cool that you played against them, thanks for the info.

 

It wasn't an attack...it was a joke. That's why I included the :D at the end of my post. Just busting chops lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ben Edelman said:

 

As noted by others, the #3 pick is never a "league winner".  At the #3 pick, there's massive downside and minimal upside. The more likely "league winner" this year is Eloy Jimenez in the 17th. Or Alex Reyes in the 23rd.

 

Yeah I admit I was wrong on saying "league winner" I do think Acuna has top 1-5 hitter upside because of bags and potential 300 average. Even without the track record I wouldnt berrate someone for choosing him over Machado or Bregman in a 5 of league. 

 

I'm not taking Acuna that high to be clear.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Reading the board, the one people had an issue with seemed to be altuve .

 

i can’t imagine acunas adp

will be more than Ramirez.  

 

Every one of those hitters has the capability to steal bases outside of arenando and JD 

 

he will not, but I for sure think he will be 1st round ADP, probably somewhere around 9-11.  Altuve will be similar, I think will be that 11-14 "on the turn" range.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.