Sign in to follow this  
paokmaniak

Alex Len Outlook 2018-19

imo, the best case scenario would be a split in minutes between him and dedmon. because ATL is focusing more on Collins.

I''d much rather start the season with Dedmon or in that case just about any center as it's just a matter of time before his ankles collapse. Although he is a great candidate for a streamer when healthy.

1 hour ago, paokmaniak said:

Alex started over Dedmon today, Any thoughts?? could he finally proved efficient in a rebuilding Hawks team?

Dewayne Dedmon (ankle) has been ruled out for Monday's preseason game against the Pelicans.

I picked him up ASAP as speculation. In Phoenix, he has shown flashes that he can contribute in fantasy. New change of scenery is always something that intrigues me. Don't know why Atlanta would want to start Dedmon as they're going with the youth movement. 

• Like 1

Post-post hype sleeper.  Only an injured stiff (Dedmon) as competition for minutes, new team, added a corner three.  With 24+ minutes could be a very nice source of blk / 3pm without hurting you anywhere.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Post-post hype sleeper.  Only an injured stiff (Dedmon) as competition for minutes, new team, added a corner three.  With 24+ minutes could be a very nice source of blk / 3pm without hurting you anywhere.  

Not a great FT shooter on high attempts. Still a sleeperish guy for sure

14 hours ago, Kamura said:

Not a great FT shooter on high attempts. Still a sleeperish guy for sure

Not sure why you think this.  Career 71% ft guy.  Not great, but for a big doesn't hurt you either.

Another good game. Double-double with 2 treys 5 ast 4-5 ft.

Alright I'm in on this guy, hoping he dominates and keeps the starting gig. I don't think it's a big ask.

He is just so incredibly inconsistent. Also have to worry about Dedmon returning eventually and Collins playing a bit at the 5 in some lineups. 

seems no collins and dedmon in season opener,feast the len

He really added the 3pt shot to his game. He’s been taking at least a couple every preseason game. 

don't get burned guys. 

He's as inconsistent as they come. 

He had no competition in Phoenix and still couldn't produce. (yes terrible team, no chemistry, Chandler hogging all the boards). 

But he does nothing well. 

if you are in a very deep league, pick him up with one of the last picks and hope for a miracle.

Other guys: wait and see. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dotslasher said:

don't get burned guys. 

He's as inconsistent as they come. 

He had no competition in Phoenix and still couldn't produce. (yes terrible team, no chemistry, Chandler hogging all the boards). 

But he does nothing well. 

if you are in a very deep league, pick him up with one of the last picks and hope for a miracle.

Other guys: wait and see. 

The guy you mentioned hogging all the boards was his competition 

• Haha 1

He’s still young, Dedmon is old and injury prone. If he can keep his fouls down, he’s definitely worth the gamble w no other big beside Dedmon. I swoopef him up in all my leagues,  low risk high reward, worst of worst he’s a streamer but I have a good feeling that this is the alex Len we been asking for

Edited by Tyboogie

12 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

He’s still young, Dedmon is old and injury prone. If he can keep his fouls down, he’s definitely worth the gamble w no other big beside Dedmon. I swoopef him up in all my leagues,  low risk high reward, worst of worst he’s a streamer but I have a good feeling that this is the alex Len we been asking for

I hope you are right. I just scooped him since Dedmon and Collins are starting the season on the shelf. Hopefully he will be a decent rental at the very least 

I want to believe he’ll have a good season but I can’t get myself to add him over someone like Hernangomez. I understand that Willy isn’t likely to start but the potential is there, whereas Len has burned me in the past.

• Like 1

I spent the last 2 seasons getting burned by this fool...now he’s went and added a 3ball?! Annnd he’s getting opportunity to start the season?

Oh boy...3rd yr in a row, sign me up again lmfao. Feel like a machochist at this point...:ph34r: 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 4

I don’t know why you guys wouldn’t take a flier on this guy at the end of your draft. He sucked in Phoenix because they pretty much forced themselves to start Chandler because of his on contract. He also had Alan Williams at center to compete with. 

Dedmon is old and injured. With Atlanta going young with hardly any competition at center, I feel he’s going to have a serviceable season especially when he’s not being drafted in most leagues.

• Like 1