tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

55 minutes ago, ChalupaBatman said:

Tevin Coleman or Demariyus Thomas .5 PPR .........:blink:

I’m benching DT till further notice. 

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, ChalupaBatman said:

DT has become touchdown dependent, therefore he is Case Keenum dependent so easy fade 

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

which RB would you start as my RB2 (non ppr):

Ingram vs. Wash.

Dev. Freeman at Pit.

A. Peterson at NO

Ajayi vs. Min.

thanks!

5 hours ago, vinovinovino said:

Gonna roll with Aaron this week. 

Still cant understand why people still doubt AP...he is undoubtedly the alpha in that backfield and in case you havent noticed...the man's still got it! I would go with AP until Jones gives you no other choice but to start him...too many mouths to feed with my Packers IMO. Best of luck.

Just now, Aurelian said:

Hi Guys,

Ingram vs. Wash.

Dev. Freeman at Pit.

A. Peterson at NO

Ajayi vs. Min.

thanks!

I believe Ingram should recieve a healthy game script in his favor from here on out. I thinks Saints are going ride the proven Ingram for as long as he stays healthy all the while knowing they have their legit #1 in Kamara reserved for crucial moments and most all... healthy over the duration of the season. Bank on Ingram, he's about to shoot out of a cannon! Or, wait a week to be safe. But hes gonna light it up this week I honestly believe.

Which WR should I start in my 20-team PPR league?

Steelers WR Ryan Switzer vs Falcons (note that return yardage does count in my league)

or

Browns WR Rashard Higgins vs Ravens

Edited by Jags02

46 minutes ago, TxPackFan83 said:

Still cant understand why people still doubt AP...he is undoubtedly the alpha in that backfield and in case you havent noticed...the man's still got it! I would go with AP until Jones gives you no other choice but to start him...too many mouths to feed with my Packers IMO. Best of luck.

Im not doubting AP. Just playing matchups. Asides from playing a stout NO defense against the RB, there might actually be more mouths to feed in a Washington offense that don’t have too many injuries. Whereas, GB is missing most of their starting WRs. 

I just see them feeding the RBs more than usual against a weak DET defense against the RB. 

For what its worth, I love AP. I think I was the only one excited that he’s in town ??

2 hours ago, Aurelian said:

Hi Guys,

Ingram vs. Wash.

Dev. Freeman at Pit.

A. Peterson at NO

Ajayi vs. Min.

thanks!

Ingram might be in more of a backup role than last year with Kamara doing so good. I feel like they're going to keep riding Kamara.

Ajayi is an injury waiting to happen, and he's playing a defense that at least on  a good day can shut down the run.

Freeman is intriguing, but the Redskins have the #5 rushing offense largely because of AP. Tough call between these two, but I'm thinking Peterson. 

Edited by Jags02

9 hours ago, ChalupaBatman said:

Tevin is one of my fav RBs. I'd find a way to start him every week. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tdfxman said:

Rodgers or Bortles ? 

Rodgers.  

Edited by Beer Snob

1/2 PPR

who do I flex?

Agholor vs Minnesota 

or

Enunwa vs Denver

I know that Enunwa is Darnold’s favorite target, but the reports I’ve read about Agholor potentially having a big day lining up in the slot against Minnesota make sense.

Pick 3 to start Week 5:

Amari Cooper

Kenny Golladay

Tyler Boyd

Joe Mixon

Calvin Ridley

6 minutes ago, Beer Snob said:

1/2 PPR

who do I flex?

Agholor vs Minnesota 

or

Enunwa vs Denver

I know that Enunwa is Darnold’s favorite target, but the reports I’ve read about Agholor potentially having a big day lining up in the slot against Minnesota make sense.

I'd go with Enunwa.

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Pick 3 to start Week 5:

Amari Cooper

Kenny Golladay

Tyler Boyd

Joe Mixon

Calvin Ridley

Boyd and Ridley have been hot as of late.  I think you have to start them.  I’d also use Mixon if he is healthy since he’s Cincinnati’s main RB. 

Edited by Beer Snob

2 minutes ago, Beer Snob said:

Boyd and Ridley have been hot as of late.  I think you have to start them.  I’d also use Mixon if he is healthy since he’s Cincinnati’s main RB. 

BOOM! That's exactly who I have in right now so I'll just roll with it. Thanks!

Carr/russell/Baker? I am thinking Carr but tough to sit Wilson too even though he has been trash this year.