tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

On 10/2/2018 at 3:37 PM, Panthor said:

i'll play him, it's a home game, it's a division game, they typically play better at home, SEA may not win, but Wilson should still be able to put up his points. 

But the Rams play better on the road, so...

Moncrief or Marques Valdez Scantling today?  Ppr league.

Chiefs secondary stinks and Moncrief has played nearly 80 percent of snaps.  I think he's also a red zone option.  Appears to be some rain in KC today.

MVS is unknown.  Cobb and Allison out so should be a full time player today with a great QB and indoors.  I also expect Slay to be sticking tight to Adams.  Usually quite a few target go toward Cobb and Allison.  I'm sure a few of those go to Ty and Graham...but seems logical to think MVS might get at least a handful of looks.

Torn here.  Moncrief feels safer but take away his 60 yard TD last week and he's basically done very little.  Kinda leaning toward him but intrigued by MVS.

Just now, Idoolittle said:

Pick one:

Adams @ DET
Ajayi vs MIN
Boyd vs MIA
Hill vs JAX

Standard league.

Hill.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ocean1806 said:

Davonte Adams against DET or John Brown against CLE. Normally Adams is automatic but with the injury, I'm questioning things. 

I'm in a similar situation where I have other good options to play over Adams. Right now I'm leaning towards starting Adams.

11 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Pick 2 (.5 ppr and dumbass yardage and big play bonuses):

Breida

Kerryon

Royce

I think I'd roll with Kerryon. Breida being less than 100% has me a bit worried where Morris is definitely still an option.

11 minutes ago, Madheat88 said:

Enunwa vs Den or Funchess vs NYG? PPR

Funchess

7 minutes ago, Treetopseven said:

Struggling at QB. Do i risk starting Russell Wilson...

or do I stream:

Bortles 

Mariota

Carr
Flacco

I'd probably start Flacco. Wilson is still a great option but that's a strong Rams defense. I don't trust the offenses of the other 3 QB.

8 minutes ago, Dthomas3901 said:

Ridley or fuller?  Any thoughts?

Ridley

5 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Moncrief or Marques Valdez Scantling today?  Ppr league.

Chiefs secondary stinks and Moncrief has played nearly 80 percent of snaps.  I think he's also a red zone option.  Appears to be some rain in KC today.

MVS is unknown.  Cobb and Allison out so should be a full time player today with a great QB and indoors.  I also expect Slay to be sticking tight to Adams.  Usually quite a few target go toward Cobb and Allison.  I'm sure a few of those go to Ty and Graham...but seems logical to think MVS might get at least a handful of looks.

Torn here.  Moncrief feels safer but take away his 60 yard TD last week and he's basically done very little.  Kinda leaning toward him but intrigued by MVS.

I think I'd take a shot on MVS. I'm not that confident in the JAX offense even against KC and I think Moncrief will end up falling behind Cole and Westbrook in targets. The Packers still have Rodgers as their QB and it would not surprise me if Adams is double teamed most of the night.

• Thanks 1

I need a win this week!  Don’t want to fall to 0-5.  

Pick 1 please...1/2 ppr

alex collins

doug balwin

quincy enunwa

alfred blue ( Miller sits?)

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, JJ01 said:

I need a win this week!  Don’t want to fall to 0-5.  

Pick 1 please...1/2 ppr

alex collins

doug balwin

quincy enunwa

alfred blue ( Miller sits?)

Thanks!

Collins

Just now, baleswb said:

Flex Ingram or AP in ppr?

Flex DThomas or Yeldon?

AP, Yeldon

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, baleswb said:

Flex Ingram or AP in ppr?

Flex DThomas or Yeldon?

AP (Ingram is returning so unsure about usage plus Kamara is still lead dog)  

Yeldon (dthomas is declining and keenum is bad right now, plus fournette likely sits if it hasn't been announced already) 

Edited by Guwop
  • Thanks 1

Standard

Which two running backs should I start?

D. Freeman vs Pit

T. Coleman vs Pit

D. Lewis vs Buf

K. Johnson vs GB

Anyone starting Breida this week? I have Mike Evans on bye so need a good flex option. I'm torn between Breida who could potentially have a break out game or Lindsay. I could also pick someone up off waivers.. with Westbrook, Lockett and John Brown available. Would need to drop Enunwa though... Anyone willing to help??

PPR flex pick one

Ingram vs WAS (who knows about his usage) 

M.Williams vs OAK

J.Cook vs LAC

K.Johnson vs GB

Edited by timbrah_ho

11 minutes ago, Tivo88 said:

Anyone starting Breida this week? I have Mike Evans on bye so need a good flex option. I'm torn between Breida who could potentially have a break out game or Lindsay. I could also pick someone up off waivers.. with Westbrook, Lockett and John Brown available. Would need to drop Enunwa though... Anyone willing to help??

Love Breida here. I would play him with confidence... 

8 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

PPR flex pick one

Ingram vs WAS (who knows about his usage) 

M.Williams vs OAK

J.Cook vs LAC

K.Johnson vs GB

Cook. He's been doing well. 

• Thanks 1