tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

PPR flex

Mixon, Ridley, Cooper, Baldwin or, Ekeler?

Leaning Ridley right now. Considering Mixon, but I think he might end up with a small workload coming off the injury

Just now, poweiner said:

PPR flex

Mixon, Ridley, Cooper, Baldwin or, Ekeler?

Leaning Ridley right now. Considering Mixon, but I think he might end up with a small workload coming off the injury

I flexed Mixon because Bernard is injured so he will have the workload. Can't go wrong with Ridley either. But I went Mixon. 

• Like 1

Need a .5 PPR flex between Ridley, Cooper, Lindsay, and John Brown. Leaning Ridley, but anyone have any other thoughts?

Amari, Sanders, or Boyd in standard scoring? I'm favored to win by 10.

Standard Scoring 

Pick 2

Funchess vs Giants

Shepard vs Panthers 

Enunwa vs Broncos 

Coutee vs Cowboys 

1 minute ago, Rod6874 said:

Standard Scoring 

Pick 2

Funchess vs Giants

Shepard vs Panthers 

Enunwa vs Broncos 

Coutee vs Cowboys 

Funchess and Enunwa. Don't love the 2nd choice. Maybe Coutee.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Amari, Sanders, or Boyd in standard scoring? I'm favored to win by 10.

For me, it's been Sanders or Boyd. Boyd has a little tougher D this week but he's been getting the looks and making those catches. I don't think you can go wrong with Boyd or Sanders. 

1 minute ago, Rod6874 said:

Standard Scoring 

Pick 2

Funchess vs Giants

Shepard vs Panthers 

Enunwa vs Broncos 

Coutee vs Cowboys 

Shepard and Funch

3 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

Start Hurst or Hooper today? 0.5ppr

Ouch. Neither? Is anything else available on the wire?

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Ouch. Neither? Is anything else available on the wire?

Vannett and thats about it, our league is desperate for TE’s so not much left available to stream this week.

Just now, FANattic86 said:

Vannett and thats about it, our league is desperate for TE’s so not much left available to stream this week.

I think you have to go Hooper then. Even though that sucks. Who knows how much work Hurst will get.

Edited by devaster

24 minutes ago, mbt07 said:

Love Breida here. I would play him with confidence... 

Thanks for your input. I love Breida this week too... I'm just nervous about all the injuries the 49ers have right now. I also have Kittle in.

9 minutes ago, ocean1806 said:

For me, it's been Sanders or Boyd. Boyd has a little tougher D this week but he's been getting the looks and making those catches. I don't think you can go wrong with Boyd or Sanders. 

I've been leaning Sanders. I hate seeing Amari blow up on my bench. :( Could have won the last two weeks starting Amari.

1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

McDonald

A. Jones

Between these 3, I'd start K. Cole if it's Royce Freeman and if it's Devonta Freeman then start him. I'm not really understanding the rest of your post (so do you have White for this week? or Landry? And do you have Engram and Burton but are starting Swaim over them?), so I'm just ignoring that part for now.

Reed

Rodgers

Mahomes

AP and Ingram

Murray and Drake

Lindsay and Ekeler

I want to say Cole, but I'm personally not a big believer in that Jags offense and don't know if starting Bortles and Cole would be such a good idea. If you have confident in their offense go Cole, if not go Collins.

Sorry it’s R Freeman, and I got sent that trade yesterday 10/6/18 and I accepted it cause Landry is someone I definitely want on my team so i didn’t know how to get future roster advice while still getting advice for my current situation so I tried to list both. I switched to hurst for TE. Engram is out with a MCL sprain and Burton is on a bye week so I kinda got pushed to pick up a WW TE. Figured swaim has good enough volume to be worth a start this week. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tivo88 said:

Thanks for your input. I love Breida this week too... I'm just nervous about all the injuries the 49ers have right now. I also have Kittle in.

Theyre propably going to play from behind which is fine for Breida, I wouldnt worry too much..

any thoughts on who to pick between Murray, ty, Drake in standard format?

22 minutes ago, dawgburt2000 said:

Need a .5 PPR flex between Ridley, Cooper, Lindsay, and John Brown. Leaning Ridley, but anyone have any other thoughts?

Ridley. 

1pt ppr need 1 flex: R Freeman, Stills, or Carson?

Henry vs Taywan Taylor??? 0.5 pt PPR 

Who should I start. Standard league 

will fuller

corey davis

amari cooper

mike williams

Just need one. 

28 minutes ago, ocean1806 said:

I like Boyd but Sanders is probably a better play.  The Jets secondary is banged up and Sanders is the #1 WR in Denver.  I feel Denver will need to throw more than run today against the Jets.

1 hour ago, Madheat88 said:

Not afraid of Janoris Jenkins shadowing him?

More worried about the Jet's Oline and the amount of time Darnold has to throw.  May be wrong.

9 minutes ago, stoffs77 said:

will fuller

corey davis

amari cooper

mike williams

Just need one. 

Fuller if healthy. If not, I think Cooper could have a game. 

Edited by DarinB300

6 minutes ago, stoffs77 said:

will fuller

corey davis

amari cooper

mike williams

Just need one. 

I'd go with Fuller. He has a good matchup and came back after he hurt his hammy last week.

Cooper could blow up, but the risk is really high and I wouldn't trust him against Hayward. If you bench him and he blows up, looks like we have a worthwhile player on our hands ROS though.

1 hour ago, Treetopseven said:

Struggling at QB. Do i risk starting Russell Wilson...

or do I stream:

Bortles 

Mariota

Carr

Torn between Wilson or Bortles as well. 

Leaning Blake but the weather in KC scares me a bit.