tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

8 team standard. 1-3 right now and need a win.

Evans on BYE and TY Hilton likely out.

Need to start two of the below:

Brandin Cooks at SEA

Emmanuel Sanders at NYJ

Josh Gordon vs IND

Kenny Golladay vs GB

4 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

8 team standard. 1-3 right now and need a win.

Evans on BYE and TY Hilton likely out.

Need to start two of the below:

Brandin Cooks at SEA

Emmanuel Sanders at NYJ

Josh Gordon vs IND

Kenny Golladay vs GB

Cooks is a must start. Then I'd probably go Sanders. Probably the highest floor of the 3.

2 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Cooks is a must start. Then I'd probably go Sanders. Probably the highest floor of the 3.

Thanks. Cooks was definitely on my "go list", but I included him just in case someone came up with a reason to put another above him. 

I'm primarily torn on Sanders vs Golladay. They look like a coin flip, basically. 

1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

Thanks. Cooks was definitely on my "go list", but I included him just in case someone came up with a reason to put another above him. 

I'm primarily torn on Sanders vs Golladay. They look like a coin flip, basically. 

Yeah I don't think there's necessarily a wrong choice here. Just a lot of mouths to feed in DET. I think Golladay is more TD dependant than Sanders. 

Help with mine?

Literally need help with my entire lineup. I'm pretty sure I'm starting Mahomes and AB is a lock, but that's pretty much it. Help!

10 team standard league:

Start 1 QB:
Mahomes vs JAX
Wentz vs MIN

Start 3 WR (plus 2 flex, see below):
AB vs ATL
Adams @ DET
Hill vs JAX
Tate vs GB
Ridley @ PIT

Boyd vs MIA

Start 2 RB (plus 2 flex, see below):
Conner vs ATL
Michel vs IND
Ingram vs WAS
Lynch @ LAC
Ajayi vs MIN
Lindsay @ NYJ
Breida vs ARI

Start 2 Flex (from WR/RB options above):

Anyone rolling out Keke this weekend? I picked him up off waivers this morning but probably benching until further notice. 

1 minute ago, Idoolittle said:

Yeah I don't think there's necessarily a wrong choice here. Just a lot of mouths to feed in DET. I think Golladay is more TD dependant than Sanders. 

Help with mine?

Literally need help with my entire lineup. I'm pretty sure I'm starting Mahomes and AB is a lock, but that's pretty much it. Help!

10 team standard league:

Start 1 QB:
Mahomes vs JAX
Wentz vs MIN

Start 3 WR (plus 2 flex, see below):
AB vs ATL
Adams @ DET
Hill vs JAX
Tate vs GB
Ridley @ PIT

Boyd vs MIA

Start 2 RB (plus 2 flex, see below):
Conner vs ATL
Michel vs IND
Ingram vs WAS
Lynch @ LAC
Ajayi vs MIN
Lindsay @ NYJ
Breida vs ARI

Start 2 Flex (from WR/RB options above):

Mahomes is a lock until he proves otherwise, and although Jax is an extremely tough defense, they're not going to let KC beat them on the ground so they'll need to air it out.

WR:

AB - always

Adams - should be a shootout

Tate - should be a shootout

RB:

Conner - anyone against the ATL def

Michel - with Gronk possibly hobbled and TY Hilton hobbled on the other side, think this sets up good game script

Flex:

Ridley - PIT defense is garbage

Breida [if healthy]

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Anyone rolling out Keke this weekend? I picked him up off waivers this morning but probably benching until further notice. 

Probably not, they have the Sunday night game, probably wont know the status of Fuller.

Personally I'm very optimistic Keke will be relevant with or without Fuller.

If you watched the game last week you know he was involved heavily even in the first half before Fuller got hurt. They moved him all over the formation. In the slot. In the backfield. The guy is a great athlete with a great opportunity in a thriving fast faced offense.

This may no be the smartest decision in the world, but I'm starting him over Smokey Brown this week.

Just now, mikemiggs said:

Personally I'm very optimistic Keke will be relevant with or without Fuller.

If you watched the game last week you know he was involved heavily even in the first half before Fuller got hurt. They moved him all over the formation. In the slot. In the backfield. The guy is a great athlete with a great opportunity in a thriving fast faced offense.

This may no be the smartest decision in the world, but I'm starting him over Smokey Brown this week.

Definitely not smart. Brown has a way better chance at a td. 

• Like 1

For rb 2 should i start d. lewis @ bills or a. jones @ lions, and also flex option should i start tyreek hill @jags or doug baldwin @ rams. 

4 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Start Taywan Taylor, Keke, or Crabtree?

Keke. Crabtree's had too many drops. Taylor is a supporting WR on a bad offense. I like Keke's upside.

2 hours ago, Tristan5354 said:

For rb 2 should i start d. lewis @ bills or a. jones @ lions, and also flex option should i start tyreek hill @jags or doug baldwin @ rams. 

A. Jones and Hill. The GB offense is better than TEN, and Jones will be a significant part of that offense. Both Hill and Baldwin have bad matchups, but have to go with the KC offense.

25 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

for an rb 2 Hines vs Pats or Breida vs Cardinals? Full ppr.

Breida

• Thanks 1

Anyone starting Taywan this week? With Tre'Davious White most likely covering Corey Davis, does Taywan have a good matchup? Does Tre'Davious usually shadow the #1 on a team?

6 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

Anyone starting Taywan this week? With Tre'Davious White most likely covering Corey Davis, does Taywan have a good matchup? Does Tre'Davious usually shadow the #1 on a team?

I am. No other options its either him or goodwin. 

10 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Goff or Cousins? 

I own Cooks and Diggs and yes they’re both starting. 

Goff!

Who do I start? 0.5ppr

Keelan Cole vs. KC or Corey Davis vs. BUF?

Many podcasts are saying that Davis is going to have to face the Bill's CB Tre'Davious White who held back both Davante Adams and Stefon Diggs to not more than 80-90 yards in back to back weeks...

5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

But in Seattle? I could see this being a Gurley game. 

I think you just answered your question!

Non-PPR, 2 flex, need to start two out of the three as my wr2/Flex 2.

Wr1: OBJ

Rb1:Hunt

Rb2: Barkley

Flex1: CMC

Cannot decide between Hill, Kupp, or JuJu.

And does John Brown being on my bench change anything? I didn't even consider him as an option initially.