tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Need to start one RB, one WR, and one FLEX from this bunch:  A.Jones, Lindsay, Michel, Freeman, Boyd, Fuller, Ridley.  

1 hour ago, AAWWyeah said:

16-team PPR league.  I have 4 WR for 3 spots (2 WR and a flex).  Who to sit?

D. Adams @ Detroit

OBJ @ Carolina

A. Cooper @ LA Chargers

Josh Gordon v. Indianapolis

I have to sit Gordon, don't I?  I don't want to, but I have to.  It's either him or Cooper, right?

Sit Gordon for sure.  I can't imagine the Pats don't take a lead and minimize passing (as it is, even at 1-2, they're the team with the third most rushes).  

Help? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-8130458

0.5 PPR

Hines vs Ekeler

Coleman is another option, but I prefer Hines or Ekeler over him this week.

2 minutes ago, Rusko said:

0.5 PPR

Hines vs Ekeler

Do you need a floor, or a ceiling?  Colts probably playing from behind so Hines could get a lot of touches.  But Ekeler has scored in double digits 3 out of 4 weeks, so his floor is much safer, I think.  The Raiders will probably put up points so LAC may find itself running and gunning.  I'd lean Ekeler, at least until Hines does a repeat performance. 

Help with mine, please? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-8130458

Different league from my prior post in this thread.

1 PPR - Need a flex 

choices:

Westbrook vs Kansas City

Davis vs Buffalo

Hogan vs Indianapolis 

Hines vs Patriots

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

With the Thursday Night game I have Michel going due to the status of Mixon. Since he hasn't been cleared I can't risk having to plug Lindsay into my RB2 spot. So, that's going to leave the flex. Right now I'm starting Boyd, Ridley, and Golladay in the two WR spots and the flex. Would you start Mixon over any of them if he's cleared to play?

I agree with the others and would start Mixon over Golladay. 

Help? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-8130458

4 minutes ago, Rusko said:

0.5 PPR

Hines vs Ekeler

I am not huge on either of them, but I like Hines as he seems to be seeing action catching passes out of Indianapolis’s backfield more than his counterparts.

2 minutes ago, Beer Snob said:

Different league from my prior post in this thread.

1 PPR - Need a flex 

choices:

Westbrook vs Kansas City

Davis vs Buffalo

Hogan vs Indianapolis 

Hines vs Patriots

Probably Davis.  I worry Westbrook will draw good coverage from Kendall Fuller, and Hines isn't in the circle of trust after just one week.  Hines probably has a safer floor, though, if Colts fall behind. 

A Collins, T Yeldon, N Hines, Mixon, and J Allen. Can only start 3, who ya got

PPR

Edited by WahooManiac

1 minute ago, GeoffByrne said:

Full PPR, looking for my FLEX

Josh Gordon or Ty Montgomery.

Also, do I cut Luck in favour of Goff?

Ew. Probably TyMo because that game should be a battle of offenses.  And yeah, I'd rather Goff, on a much better team.  

Help on mine please, top of the page? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-8130458

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

A Collins, T Yeldon, N Hines

PPR

Unless Mixon is a go, then replace Hines with Mixon. 

Help? 

12 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Need to start one RB, one WR, and one FLEX from this bunch:  A.Jones, Lindsay, Michel, Freeman, Boyd, Fuller, Ridley.  

Michel, Boyd, and Ridley.

4 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Ew. Probably TyMo because that game should be a battle of offenses.  And yeah, I'd rather Goff, on a much better team.  

Help on mine please, top of the page? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-8130458

Tell me about it, only reason I’m in the predicament is because Bell, Fournette and Cobb are out.

Would anyone start Latavius Murray over Lamar Miller or Mike Davis? Assuming Cook sits. Standard scoring.

Edited by devaster

16 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

I would definitely start Michel, and probably Boyd as well. You have a few good options for flex. I would probably start Jones > Ridley > Lindsay > Fuller, but I am really not confident in that ranking. I think Jones is the safest bet with a higher floor than Lindsay.

10 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Do you need a floor, or a ceiling?  Colts probably playing from behind so Hines could get a lot of touches.  But Ekeler has scored in double digits 3 out of 4 weeks, so his floor is much safer, I think.  The Raiders will probably put up points so LAC may find itself running and gunning.  I'd lean Ekeler, at least until Hines does a repeat performance. 

Help with mine, please? http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-8130458

My matchup is really close, Yahoo has us at even. I'm more comfortable with Ekeler, but Hines seems like such a good option this week with the injuries around him.

18 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

PPR

Collins, Yeldon, and Mixon.  If Mixon is out, flip a coin between Allen and Hines.

PPR.... 

Hines or Devontae Freeman

Edelman or Tate

Please help

Edited by Azbynski88

1 minute ago, Azbynski88 said:

PPR.... 

Hines or  Devontae Freeman*

Edelman or Tate

Please help

37 minutes ago, GeoffByrne said:

Full PPR, looking for my FLEX

Josh Gordon or Ty Montgomery.

Also, do I cut Luck in favour of Goff?

1) I like Montgomery more than Gordon because of his versatility in the Packers offense

2) I would take Goff over Luck.  Luck still doesn’t look to me like the stud that he was a couple years back, and I wonder if that guy will ever fully return.  Meanwhile, Los Angels has turned Goff loose, and he is showing why he was worthy of being a #1 draft pick.

27 minutes ago, the_dying_dream said:

Standard league, gotta sit one!

Conner vs Falcons

Breida vs Cardinals

Yeldon vs Chiefs

Michel vs Colts

Sit Michel. The other three guys are certain to start and get a bulk of the carries for their respective teams.

46 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

PPR

It looks like Collins isn't going to play.

Mixon, Yeldon, and Hines