tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

Luck vs NE tonight or drop someone for A Smith at NO or Flacco at CLE? I went with Luck last week & he played well. Even with TY out, could he put up solid #'s, playing from behind? Guy I am up against has Brady & Gronk. Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Flex spot:  KeKe, Josh Gordon, Marshawn, or Hyde

PPR

Want to say Lynch, but if LAC get up a lot, OAK will probably look to J Richard. Probably Hyde. Not sure about Gordon just yet, with Edelman back tonight. Although they can't double Josh, Gronk, & Edelman, so he could be a sneaky play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

.5 ppr I need to start 3

Aaron Jones, Ajayi, Corey Davis, Drake, Marvin Jones

Marvin, A Jones (with Geronimo, Cobb out & possibly Adams out as well), Corey. If worried about Corey being covered by BUF #1 CB, then roll with Ajayi. Can't trust Drake just yet, even though MIA knows they need to get him more involved. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/724502-nfl-startsit-thread-2018-week-5/?do=findComment&comment=8130726

5 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Luck vs NE tonight or drop someone for A Smith at NO or Flacco at CLE? I went with Luck last week & he played well. Even with TY out, could he put up solid #'s, playing from behind? Guy I am up against has Brady & Gronk. Thanks! 

Go with Luck. Could be looking at another 50-60 pass attempts.

3 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

.5 ppr I need to start 3

Aaron Jones, Ajayi, Corey Davis, Drake, Marvin Jones

Aaron Jones, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones

WR3 Standard scoring:

Gordon vs. Colts tonight (2 votes Gordon so far)

Callaway vs. Ravens

12 team .5 PPR, 2WR, 2RB, 1flex

WR: Keenan, Tyreek, Ridley, Enunwa

RB: Sony, Conner, Hines, Clement, Chubb

TE: Cook, Rudolph

Pick the RBs and the flex. I think it's Sony, Conner, and Ridley but Hines is an intriguing option over Conner or Ridley.

5 minutes ago, alexander1231 said:

Go with Luck. Could be looking at another 50-60 pass attempts.

Aaron Jones, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones

WR3 Standard scoring:

Gordon vs. Colts tonight (2 votes Gordon so far)

Callaway vs. Ravens

Would lean Gordon as well. Concerned about CLE comments on decreasing his reps during games. Thanks for mine!

2 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

12 team .5 PPR, 2WR, 2RB, 1flex

WR: Keenan, Tyreek, Ridley, Enunwa

RB: Sony, Conner, Hines, Clement, Chubb

TE: Cook, Rudolph

Pick the RBs and the flex. I think it's Sony, Conner, and Ridley but Hines is an intriguing option over Conner or Ridley.

How do projections look? Ridley could put up some good #'s vs PIT, but I also think Luck could hit Hines again for another 12 times in tonight's game. Start Sony & Conner

20 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

As bad as the NO defense can be, they held both the Browns and Giants to 18.   Falcons and Bucs have so many receiving weapons and those teams don't have good D's either.   I don't see Smith putting up great numbers.   And I don't think Flacco will do much better.    I'd roll with Luck for sure in a game where he should have to pass a bunch.  

Edited by K197040

Better defense this week:

Texans or Ravens?

Choose  3, full PPR:

David Johnson

Mark Ingram

Jarvis Landry

Nyheim Hines

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Choose  3, full PPR:

David Johnson

Mark Ingram

Jarvis Landry

Nyheim Hines

Landry and Johnson for certain.  After that, I guess Ingram is the safest choice 

53 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

I'm good with just rolling with Luck. I don't think it's worth a drop to get either of the other guys.

• Like 1

12-team PPR league.  I have Evans on a bye, so I have the following guys to fill 1 WR and 1 Flex spot (1 WR is Sanders, 2 RBs are Zeke and A. Jones).  Available guys:

WR: Josh Gordon, Golladay, Christian Kirk

RB: Carson, Ekeler

Leaning Golladay at WR ... and ... um ... Gordon or Ekeler at Flex.  Not sure.

.5 PPR

Choose 2 out of 3 for flex:

Emmanuel Sanders, Phillip Lindsay, Julian Edelman

Pick QB:

Dalton or Luck

Thank you!

Flex: Michel (vs IND tonight) , Coutee (vs DAL) or Taywan Taylor (vs @BUF)

Full point PPR - Pick one!

Wondering if I should start Gronk tonight because he is active or I have George Kittle on my bench versus Arizona. Thanks WHIR

6 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Flex: Michel (vs IND tonight) , Coutee (vs DAL) or Taywan Taylor (vs @BUF)

Full point PPR - Pick one!

I couldn't believe how many touches Coutee got in his first game.....either Coutee or Michel (I would be leaning Michel) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Choose  3, full PPR:

David Johnson

Mark Ingram

Jarvis Landry

Nyheim Hines

I would go Johnson and Hines , with TY out there are a couple more balls to go around and he has shown he is pretty good in the passing game. Probably will be playing from behind tonight vs. New England.

19 minutes ago, AAWWyeah said:

12-team PPR league.  I have Evans on a bye, so I have the following guys to fill 1 WR and 1 Flex spot (1 WR is Sanders, 2 RBs are Zeke and A. Jones).  Available guys:

WR: Josh Gordon, Golladay, Christian Kirk

RB: Carson, Ekeler

Leaning Golladay at WR ... and ... um ... Gordon or Ekeler at Flex.  Not sure.

I would go with Golladay and Ekeler 

38 minutes ago, Beer Snob said:

Landry and Johnson for certain.  After that, I guess Ingram is the safest choice 

that's where I'm at, just tempted with Hines and it being Ingram's first game back against solid Defense.

6 minutes ago, SteveD24 said:

I would go Johnson and Hines , with TY out there are a couple more balls to go around and he has shown he is pretty good in the passing game. Probably will be playing from behind tonight vs. New England.

how about the 3rd?

1 hour ago, Beer Snob said:

Sit Michel. The other three guys are certain to start and get a bulk of the carries for their respective teams.

I was going to, but SF has three starting OL hurt with knee injuries and are questionable. Now I think i gotta start Michel ?

19 minutes ago, SteveD24 said:

Wondering if I should start Gronk tonight because he is active or I have George Kittle on my bench versus Arizona. Thanks WHIR