tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 5

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 5 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

41 minutes ago, SteveD24 said:

Wondering if I should start Gronk tonight because he is active or I have George Kittle on my bench versus Arizona. Thanks WHIR

No responses in 41 minutes...........   WHIR

14 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Hines or Hyde in ppr?

Hyde has been really good, the only risk is Chubb getting in on the action. Until proven otherwise I think its Hyde

• Thanks 1

I have Gronk and I'm starting him.... injured Gronk > Most garbage out on the wire

At WR do I start Stills or Hogan or Agholor (I own Alshon and starting him)?

At RB/Flex do I start Royce Freeman or Kerryon Johnson or Alex Collins?

Edited by CorreaTown

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

How can you bench Gronk?

Hey, just asking ! :)   Gronk has 17 catches and 233 YDs , Kittle has 18 catches and 316 YDs , since Gronk is banged up do you go with the other "healthier" player ? 

1 minute ago, CorreaTown said:

I have Gronk and I'm starting him.... injured Gronk > Most garbage out on the wire

At RB/Flex do I start Royce Freeman or Kerryon Johnson?

Stills and Freeman would be by bets.

8 minutes ago, SteveD24 said:

Hey, just asking ! :)   Gronk has 17 catches and 233 YDs , Kittle has 18 catches and 316 YDs , since Gronk is banged up do you go with the other "healthier" player ? 

Gronk. Not entirely sure where you drafted him. But I'm assuming 1st-3rd rounds. You invested that much capital on him, you have to play him.

11 minutes ago, SteveD24 said:

I hear you but I play my studs, Kittle is great but he's not Gronk (yet).

Not sure if you have a good flex, but I've started 2 TE's in the past with success.

12 minutes ago, CorreaTown said:

At RB/Flex do I start Royce Freeman or Kerryon Johnson or Alex Collins?

Tough one...I'd go Stills.

I would go Kerryon out of the RB's. Royce doesn't get enough touches to warrant a start over the other 2, and Collins gets a tough Cleveland Def.

Just now, TheIronCurtain said:

.5 PPR, Edelman or Corey Davis?

Corey Davis.

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I hear you but I play my studs, Kittle is great but he's not Gronk (yet).

Not sure if you have a good flex, but I've started 2 TE's in the past with success.

I'm starting Kittle over Gronk in standard. Too many negatives tonight.

Josh Gordon, Doug Baldwin, N Hines... need one for ppr flex spot.  Gordon could go off at any time.  Baldwin could be in a possible catch up mode with the Rams.  Hines could get plenty of targets and similar to Baldwin and be in a catch up mode.

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm starting Kittle over Gronk in standard. Too many negatives tonight.

well there ya go @SteveD24 you're not alone.....not sure if yours is PPR or standard.

17 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

well there ya go @SteveD24 you're not alone.....not sure if yours is PPR or standard.

Kittle has outscored Gronk the last 3 weeks. Gronk is injured on a short week on TNF. Colts also have improved LBs. I'd love to be convinced to start Gronk and he blows up tonight. I just don't know.

Gronk only has 1 RZ target on the season. That is scary. 3 for Kittle.

Edited by devaster

34 minutes ago, SteveD24 said:

I do think this is a legitimate question given that Gronk really is banged up beyond usually and had a decent chance at missing this game. I'm not sure he sees quite as many snaps, especially with Edelman returning and Gordon having another week under his belt. Plus NE is playing IND and it wouldn't surprise me if they get a decent lead early. If this game becomes a run away, Gronk likely sits a lot of it. Kittle has also been playing fairly well as of late. He's a decent TE and provides you a lot more than your average TE streamer. So even though Gronk you likely drafted Gronk high and that he should be an every week starter regardless of the matchup, I don't think you can ignore the status of his health all things considered. Especially where you have another good TE options.

All this being said, I would still roll with Gronk. Even if Gronk is limited he'll still be effective when he's out there. Plus I'm not confident that Kittle will continue his production with Beathard at the helm. He did have a good week last week, but I'm still not convinced. The upside is also much great with Gronk if he isn't limited. Like I said I could see NE running away with this game, and Gronk could possibly be a significant factor.

Which 2 rb to start this week? Thanks

Conner

mixon

white

breida

lindsay?

Edited by lindown

7 minutes ago, lindown said:

Which 2 rb to start this week? Thanks

Conner

mixon

white

breida

lindsay?

Conner and Mixon for sure. If Mixon for some reason doesn't end up playing, then Breida.

6 minutes ago, Madheat88 said:

PPR - Michel or Yeldon?

Michel. Better offense, better RB.

I have Mahomet and Luck in one of my leagues. I'm debating which one to start...

Mahomes goes against JAX so tough D.

Luck goes against Pats so short week for him and in NE.

Please help! 

10 minutes ago, ocean1806 said:

I have Mahomet and Luck in one of my leagues. I'm debating which one to start...

Mahomes goes against JAX so tough D.

Luck goes against Pats so short week for him and in NE.

Please help! 

I’d go Luck 

11 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Tom Brady or Kirk Cousins 

Josh Gordon, Mike Williams, or Quincy Enuwana ppr pick one.  Please help 

Can't go wrong on QB. Leaning towards Cousins because Eagles corners are struggling and they love to pass.

Enunwana seems to edge out the others.