Sign in to follow this  
rage2021

Kyle Kuzma 2018-19 Season Outlook

Does Kuzma take another step this season? Some say there are not enough mouths to feed with LeBron and others in town now. 

But James makes the whole team better. Thoughts?

james makes teammates statistically worse, not better....duno where that narrative came from, but you can rest assured that kuzma will be trending downward so long as lebron is around.

5 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

How many minutes are we talking here? mid 30's?

lol mid 20s at best 

So I should cancel my waiver claim on him is what I’m understanding lmao. Seems weird that he was dropped in a 12 teamed 

Dear Lord, after a game like that, Kuz thread should be pinned to the top of page 1. New team leader. 

Also note, Lakers played with a much better rhythm tonight. I guess we know which forward complements LeBron the best now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Dear Lord, after a game like that, Kuz thread should be pinned to the top of page 1. New team leader. 

Also note, Lakers played with a much better rhythm tonight. I guess we know which forward complements LeBron the best now.

Starting lineup should be Ball, Hart, Kuzma,Lebron,McGee

2nd unit- Rondo, KCP, Stephenson, Ingram, Jwill til Wagner is back 

Hopefully his great play will give him more minutes even after Rondo and Ingram comes back. Beast line.

I posted this in the JaVale McGee thread, but it seems even more fitting here:

Here's what we learned from the game against the Spurs:

Kuzma is overwhelmed playing center and it is effecting his game.  The move back to the forward spot to fill in for the suspended Ingram placed him into a much more familiar and comfortable spot.  He thrived again, going off for 37 points.  The question now is, how will he be utilized?  Ingram is shelved for three more games, so we get to watch this process unfold.  I really don't know how many more minutes JaVale is capable of playing.  I know that Walton is maximizing his abilities.  It's possible that he knows pushing for more will result in a net-negative for McGee.

If Kuzma can't play center, who will?  Zubac played 5 minutes and picked up 5 fouls.  Beasley looks lost.  Interestingly, Jonathan Williams played 14 very productive minutes.  He ended the game with 8 points, 4 rebounds and 3 blocks.  However, I think this was just a good game from him and not something to expect.

Bottom line: JaVale still has no competition and the Lakers continue to depend heavily upon him.  I would fully expect that the Lakers will be looking to add a piece at the trade deadline or via waivers.  I doubt it will be anything more than the back up to JaVale though.

Unfortunately, with no other options available at center, Kuzma may be forced to slide back into that role upon Ingram's return.

Future MVP!

His name value makes him more than a streamer, but every time he's on my wire I'm happy to throw him in there like a Clarkson/Wiggins type of guy.  It's rare, but every once in awhile he'll show, play him a few games, and move on.

Working on that microwave badge... Going for 50 tonight!

On 10/16/2018 at 12:42 PM, scienze said:

lol mid 20s at best 

Who laughs now?

I'm surprised there's been so little discussion about Kuzma now that he's definitely taken the next step forward this season after his slightly overhyped but solid rookie season.

He's been a bit inconsistent lately since coming back from his back injury, but he's had a few monster games, including last night's huge line.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I'm surprised there's been so little discussion about Kuzma now that he's definitely taken the next step forward this season after his slightly overhyped but solid rookie season.

He's been a bit inconsistent lately since coming back from his back injury, but he's had a few monster games, including last night's huge line.

LBJ injury lead him have huge usage and become 1st scoring option

it didn't look that bad tbh... hopefully, he will be ready for the fantasy PO / next week.

• Like 2

What do you think, is he back already tomorrow and with Ingram out and LBJ probably playing way less he is a good option? Due to the injury he is on the waivers...