DidiFan

Elfrid Payton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

51 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

This dude is meshing with this new team and im lovin it 

This is pretty much the ideal system for his skill set. I am sure you can say that about 99% of point guards and this Pelicans roster and system, but it is one of the few that Payton fits in. Gentry spoke at the end of the preseason about how excited it was to have Payton and that he sought him out in the offseason. That quote made me real confident in him filling the "Rondo" role all season (hopefully). Jrue is going to start balling soon, but Payton will get his in this offense because it is the best fantasy offense in the entire NBA and there is plenty of fantasy goodness to go around. Glad to see Payton getting a good opportunity, finally. 

• Like 3

Kurt-Angle-puts-on-his-wig-with-head-gea

THE WIG IS OFF! OH ITS TRUE, ITS DAMN TRUE!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Haha 1

He has had stretches like this before, but never had a coach who truly believed him in.  So in between those moments he would also have stretches where his minutes would get jerked around.  Finally, I think we are going to see sustained success the whole year from him.

I had him in fantasy every year at one time or another.  Wasn't able to draft him this year - congrats to those who did!

The weird thing is, he has ALWAYS been on my radar.  He puts up numbers, but when he was traded and then signed a low paying contract I figured this guy was not valued around the league.  Sorry I passed on him this year.  Can someone explain to me why no one wanted this guy? 

Somebody in one my public leagues just got another team to accept a trade of Wesley Matthews for him. I smell collusion.

Image result for trump collusion gif

• Like 1

I think he is going to be good in this team. He was always in shotty teams that can't shoot (Orlando) or a dumpster fire (PHO). There's so many weapons in this NOP team, he can just unleash the inner Rondo for the forseeable future.

10 minutes ago, Jugernot said:

I don't own him, but he may have just been seriously injured. Hopefully it was just a knee sprain. 

He walked over to celebrate with the rest of the team after they won/stole the game. I don't think he would have done that with a serious injury. I did see it and it looked weird. Hopefully it is nothing, but we won't know until they do a scan. 

14 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

He walked over to celebrate with the rest of the team after they won/stole the game. I don't think he would have done that with a serious injury. I did see it and it looked weird. Hopefully it is nothing, but we won't know until they do a scan. 

Okay good. Hopefully it was nothing major. It just didn't look good while he was down and the trainers were looking at him. 

Just now, Jugernot said:

Okay good. Hopefully it was nothing major. It just didn't look good while he was down and the trainers were looking at him. 

Agreed. He landed with a straight leg and it didn't look like it buckled, but it didn't look normal either. I always just try to chill and wait for the scan results rather than think of bad thoughts. 

What happened to him??? Says GTD mid game and he only has 1 assist starting 2nd q.. did he get hurt? Anybody watching the game 

He has had ankle problems before. It took him a while to get over it if I remember right. 8 games at the beginning of last season.

Crueling situation as I have Dunn out too. I guess Payton played well enough to earn some leeway. I'm looking him to be out this and next week before A GLORIOUS comeback! Unless that Frank guy or who ever plays well in his absence...