DidiFan

Elfrid Payton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah bless the lord ?

one day for a stream let’s make it count . And pray Peyton heals up and comes back strong 

Man that must be some ankle sprain ?

31 minutes ago, travelingpiano said:

with Shai and White having some breakout...is Payton still worth keeping?

Yes. However, I'd try to pick up at least  one of those two young guys though. You got any other player you can cut? 

1 hour ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Man that must be some ankle sprain ?

This guy always take forever to recover from injuries. Slow healing.... 

I think he missed couple weeks last year for something really minor. 

30 minutes ago, travelingpiano said:

payton is having a career start. gentrys fast tempo could be helping him like it did rondo last year. scoring is up. his boards and assist combo is elite , rondo lite. shai and white won't be able to match those 

6 minutes ago, heero78 said:

Yes. However, I'd try to pick up at least  one of those two young guys though. You got any other player you can cut? 

dinwiddie and jerami grant, after that it'll be teague, crowder and rubio...it's just a 10-team league that's why

On 11/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, travelingpiano said:

I only see Shai having a more comparable stat line to Payton. White has pts - 3's - asts while the latter two have rbs-asts-high FG% and stls (yes, more like Rondo). So it depends on your team's build

Is this guy worth holding this long?    I have Bogdan Bogdanovich on my ww.

Edited by DLG10

If you've held this long might as well wait it out, imo.  It was maybe a season and a half ago he was railing off triple doubles in bunches for Orlando, and finds himself with a better cast around him playing at a higher pace.  If you can deal with the low 3PT volume and suspect FT% he's a firm hold.  

1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

Is this guy worth holding this long?    I have Bogdan Bogdanovich on my ww.

He is showing he can be nightly threat for triple double. Why would you want to drop this guy after holding out for so long?

Bogdon is solid but I am sure someone will grab him right after you dropping Payton

Last year he was out with similar injury. It cost him 8 games. He has been out as long now. I would guess he is back soon. Maybe for the crucial Denver game on Saturday or Monday against Spurs.

29 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

He needs to get his arse back on the court ASAP.

I disagree. At this point I want him back when he is as close to 100% healthy as can be. I don't want him missing time or tweaking it slightly and going back to step one. Just get right and then ball like Teague. But, I wouldn't mind him back for the upcoming strong of 4 game weeks ?

2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I disagree. At this point I want him back when he is as close to 100% healthy as can be. I don't want him missing time or tweaking it slightly and going back to step one. Just get right and then ball like Teague. But, I wouldn't mind him back for the upcoming strong of 4 game weeks ?

Agreed but Teague didn't look 100% as multiple times through out the game he was limping and "walking it off". He is also now questionable for Wednesday however Thibs isn't exactly the brightest coach.. 

7 minutes ago, Goku said:

Agreed but Teague didn't look 100% as multiple times through out the game he was limping and "walking it off". He is also now questionable for Wednesday however Thibs isn't exactly the brightest coach.. 

Teague looked healthy to start the game. I thought he tweaked his ankle twice, but apparently he bumped knees (same one that was hurt) and then he landed on Dudley's foot and tweaked his ankle. Stuff happens and it wasn't anyone's fault. He was healthy and looked good before the game action hurt him.