Sign in to follow this  
theantishere

Bradley Beal 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Bradley Beal (chest) left the game and went to the locker room after appearing to grab his chest.

Beal was involved in a collision and took a hit, which may be why. Hopefully he's back soon. We'll keep you updated.

Hopefully not some kind of strain because it was non-contact when he was extending. 

Candace Buckner
Per the #Wizards, Bradley Beal has a bruised sternum and is questionable to return.

22 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

@MrMichaelLee

Bradley Beal just grabbed the clipboard from Scott Brooks during the timeout & went to the bench to discuss a play with his teammates. Dwight Howard leaned in to add his thoughts.

Jesus 

• Haha 2

I find Beal's words after the players verbal altercation at practice interesting.  He expressed to team officials "that he has been dealing with this for seven years."  I get the sense he's either talking about the team/franchise in general since he's obviously been there seven years.  Or could he possibly be referring to certain players or possibly even more specificly his buddy Wall.  Afterall, Wall is the only guy that has been there seven years or more.  I think Wall has been there eight years actually.  If he was referring to a particular player, Wall would be the only one that makes sense in tying in with the seven year timetable he was talking about.  Tension tension tension.

• Like 2

Hmm volatile situation. I’m a little nervous, but Beal will have value in most places I guess.

Best case scenario is he gets traded to a place like LAC where they’re competitive enough to let him play and have free reign on offense.

I also don’t mind a coaching change. These guys are imploding.

Edited by ovofnd

1 minute ago, MysticPeak said:

Should we start to shop Beal? Who would you trade him for?

Nobody, his blocks are up and he’s looking like he’s in the best shape of his life. That team just needs to get rid of John Wall no joke. Without Wall last year the whole team played well and Bradley Beal led them in assists. Wall is a diva , I love the guy since HS, played with a different style, but over the years the chase for superstar recognition has caused him to force the issue instead of improving as a distributer and leader. That game vs Miami this year said it all and d wade even clowned him afterwards. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CityBaller8 said:

Nobody, his blocks are up and he’s looking like he’s in the best shape of his life. That team just needs to get rid of John Wall no joke. Without Wall last year the whole team played well and Bradley Beal led them in assists. Wall is a diva , I love the guy since HS, played with a different style, but over the years the chase for superstar recognition has caused him to force the issue instead of improving as a distributer and leader. That game vs Miami this year said it all and d wade even clowned him afterwards. 

They can trade everyone EXCEPT Wall.

37 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Yeah, nobody wants that contract. lol

Lol that’s why beal said it starts at the top, beal knows he’s just gonna be an entertainment and not a contender. That contract actually isn’t untradeable , there are tons of teams that are tanking or need a boost in their attendance. They’ll exile wall with his own team and allow him to sell tickets. Or they just keep wall and rebuild with young talent and hope wall can lead the team. I can’t wait to see how this unfolds 😃

Whether Wall gets traded, or Beal gets traded, it's a win-win situation for Beal. Why?

1. He will have a new environment. No Wall. No Scott Brooks.

2. If and only if he goes to a team like Hornets, he's going to breakout. More points, possibly an uptick on assists and 3s.

3. The most important - he has a chance to be the leader of a team (like Hornets for example).

1 hour ago, MrBean said:

Whether Wall gets traded, or Beal gets traded, it's a win-win situation for Beal. Why?

1. He will have a new environment. No Wall. No Scott Brooks.

2. If and only if he goes to a team like Hornets, he's going to breakout. More points, possibly an uptick on assists and 3s.

3. The most important - he has a chance to be the leader of a team (like Hornets for example).

Leader of the team with Kemba in town? 🤔 

It would be a good landing spot though. The Hornets desperately need scoring options. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KeyWest said:

Leader of the team with Kemba in town? 🤔 

It would be a good landing spot though. The Hornets desperately need scoring options. 

If I am not mistaken, Hornets mentioned a Nic Batum or Marv Williams and Kemba package trade for Wiz. Can't find the article though.

How does trading Bradley Beal help at all? It's John Wall who is the problem here. You trade away your best player and keep the problem. Where does that take you?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

That contract actually isn’t untradeable , there are tons of teams that are tanking or need a boost in their attendance. They’ll exile wall with his own team and allow him to sell tickets. Or they just keep wall and rebuild with young talent and hope wall can lead the team. I can’t wait to see how this unfolds 😃

Tanking teams are trying to acquire young talent  on cheap deals and/or clear tons of cap space in order to sign premium free agents.  Trading for a PG approaching 30 and owed $170 mil over 4 years AFTER this season accomplishes neither of those goals.  It’s the exact opposite of what a tanking team would want to do.

And Wall alone is not boosting anyone’s attendance significantly.  The Ringer had a well laid out article speculating NOLA as a potential trade partner but I think the chances of Wall being dealt are extremely low.  That contract, which also includes a 15% trade kicker, is about as close to untradeable as any in today’s NBA.  

I do think Beal is the most likely of the 3 Wizards big contracts to get moved but would bet against that too.

Edited by VaTerp