DezedandConfused

Markieff Morris 2018-19 Season Outlook

^

7 hours ago, sickrookie said:

The worry here is he'll lose minutes when Dwight returns. He holds good value in short term though. I'd say sell high if you own him. 

That's if Dwight returns and returns to his normal self (especially after all the publicity surrounding him, it could impact his confidence on the court and etc.... His injury looks like it could end up being a lingering injury so Kief might be a good solid lock for fantasy production. 

My question for the group is I have Beal and Wall, is it too much overexposure to the wizards to draft Kief? 10 team 9 cat. We have a decent waiver wire and a competitive group of guys. I would be likely dropping Vonleh for him. But I like Vonleh's upside recently

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asapjoshy said:

Howard getting surgery 

kieff gonna eat 

Same there...I put on my roster since few games and I will have some value for a reasonable future...

he wasn’t that great with dwight out most the season thus far 

i actually picked up jordan clarkson over him. less duds. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

He has great value off the bench so far as he gets higher usage in 2nd unit. Dwight's absence will certainly help as well.

• Like 1

He has put up some nice numbers whenever Howard has been out of the lineup this year so far.  Howard's injury should be good news for us Keif owners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lol there’s guna be a lot of disappointment in this thread coming soon 

9 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he wasn’t that great with dwight out most the season thus far 

i actually picked up jordan clarkson over him. less duds. 

Are you upset against Markieff??

Markieff is not the waiver of the year but not the garbage guy like you say...

11 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lol there’s guna be a lot of disappointment in this thread coming soon 

Hmm? Interested to know why. Did something happen?

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Hmm? Interested to know why. Did something happen?

Maybe he's salty someone picked him up before him

• Thanks 2

Umm.. have you guys not been keeping track.  Kieff has had a solid 5 games, part of it coincides with him coming off the bench which seems to work better for him so I wouldn't say this success is coming out of nowhere.  Also ranked #15 in last 7 days. 

In addition to Howard obviously out for tonight's game. The Wizards will also be without Otto and Green.  Lots of opportunity up for grabs for Marqueef tonight.

13 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

Are you upset against Markieff??

Markieff is not the waiver of the year but not the garbage guy like you say...

i’m just being real 

i told everyone the same with bjelica and trey burke .. some players can already be gauged based on their history 

12 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i’m just being real 

i told everyone the same with bjelica and trey burke .. some players can already be gauged based on their history 

All knows that Markieff is only a short value..Maybe 6-8 weeks...But If you are playing in competitive league..You have to put on your roster some guys like him..(at least 12 Teams league)

70-80% on the players topic in Rotoworld forum concerns the players with short value...

For me, it’s more interesting to talk on Markieff or Okobo or Justin Holiday topic for their value than to post in Lebron or Paul Georges topic...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

All knows that Markieff is only a short value..Maybe 6-8 weeks...But If you are playing in competitive league..You have to put on your roster some guys like him..(at least 12 Teams league)

70-80% on the players topic in Rotoworld forum concerns the players with short value...

For me, it’s more interesting to talk on Markieff or Okobo or Justin Holiday topic for their value than to post in Lebron or Paul Georges topic...

I certainly wouldn't call six to eight weeks "short value." I think he's going to be a nice asset with Howard in recovery.

• Like 1

He still can have borderline top 100 value when Dwight comes back.  Just not that top 60 upside.   Dont forget is 4-4-4 playoff schedule too.

Edited by wallacesnoop

On 11/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, COBBLEPOT said:

i’m just being real 

His history actually says when given the minutes he will produce. He was 79th in two years ago playing 31 minutes a game. He was 72nd one year in PHO when given the minutes. He's been 82nd in the last week playing 30 minutes a game. Seems pretty useful to me. No reason he can't keep this up as long as Dwight is out.

Edited by HK-47

1 hour ago, HK-47 said:

His history actually says when given the minutes he will produce. He was 79th in two years ago playing 31 minutes a game. He was 72nd one year in PHO when given the minutes. He's been 82nd in the last week playing 30 minutes a game. Seems pretty useful to me. No reason he can't keep this up as long as Dwight is out.

he was starting and had less competition in those years 

he’s going to be very inconsistent .. for every 20-9 game he has, he’ll give you three 9-4 games. 

i would only use him as a streamer 

46 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he was starting and had less competition in those years 

he’s going to be very inconsistent .. for every 20-9 game he has, he’ll give you three 9-4 games. 

i would only use him as a streamer 

All players in the top 100 range are going to be inconsistent at times. Depending on league settings, he's been pretty good in 9cat because he doesnt really hurt you anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1