DezedandConfused

Markieff Morris 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he was starting and had less competition in those years 

he’s going to be very inconsistent .. for every 20-9 game he has, he’ll give you three 9-4 games. 

i would only use him as a streamer 

Why does starting matter? He's getting the minutes and the useage has been there. He just rattled off 4 very good games in a row before the dud last game. So, coming off the bench seems to actually be good for him. No one is saying he's some game changer but when given the minutes he has proven to be a useful fantasy player. The stats don't lie.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

All players in the top 100 range are going to be inconsistent at times. Depending on league settings, he's been pretty good in 9cat because he doesnt really hurt you anywhere.

not necessarily ...there are top 100-80 players that give u consistency. spencer dinwiddie, reggie jackson, jordan clarkson, even his brother marcus morris etc....you pretty much know what you're going to get from them on a night to night basis, give or take.....markeiff will either give u a beastly game (less likely) or a complete dud (more likely) and anywhere in between.

that said, he is talented and definitely has the ability to produce. i simply don't trust him.

• Confused 2

Was secretly hoping he had a s---y game tonight so i could stream his spot in a close match up and claim him in a few days. Welp, guess im losing this week

Dropping a pretty sick line tonight. That makes 5 out of the last 6 games where he’s been very useful. Proving yet again that when given the minutes and opportunity he will produce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not necessarily ...there are top 100-80 players that give u consistency. spencer dinwiddie, reggie jackson, jordan clarkson, even his brother marcus morris etc....you pretty much know what you're going to get from them on a night to night basis, give or take.....markeiff will either give u a beastly game (less likely) or a complete dud (more likely) and anywhere in between.

that said, he is talented and definitely has the ability to produce. i simply don't trust him.

I rather have Kieff over Clarkson, Marcus, and Rjax perhaps, most of these guys just provide empty points and s---y % in the case of RJax.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I rather have Kieff over Clarkson, Marcus, and Rjax perhaps, most of these guys just provide empty points and s---y % in the case of RJax.

None of those guys have Kieffs upside with Dwight out. He will have bad games but when given the opportunity he has produced. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

after tonight, yes .. but i’ll be sure to revisit this in about a month and see if u still feel the same. 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

after tonight, yes .. but i’ll be sure to revisit this in about a month and see if u still feel the same. 

Dude, Clarkson is terrible. It's really not even close. He can't even crack the top 150 while averaging 16 points a game...his game isn't fantasy friendly at all. Sure, rank isn't the end all tell all....but it's a good barometer and we have years of him proving to be bad. I won't go into Rjax and Morris, but all you gotta do is look at their careers as well.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Let me guess, you dropped him a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to sleep since, so you make yourself feel better by posting how fluky all his games have been.

Edited by wallacesnoop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hate that I dropped him weeks ago but who knew Dwight would go down again...oh well, will take it as a lesson to be patient next time.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kobe824 said:

Hate that I dropped him weeks ago but who knew Dwight would go down again...oh well, will take it as a lesson to be patient next time.

You can't fault yourself for that, though. That's not a matter of being patient.

But yeah, it looks like Markieff might be undroppable while Dwight is out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

When given a 30 minute role and opportunity he’s proven to be a consistent top 80 contributor. He currently has that role as long as Dwight is out. It’s absolutely silly to keep trying to say otherwise when years of stats and data prove it. 

Edited by HK-47
  • Confused 1

yeah, the guy will be inconsistent at times,

but now he will surely post solid Top 80~100 numbers ROS.

don't fight over it, just enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

I want Oswald to keep posting in Markieff topic forever!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

LOL @COBBLEPOT this guy waited over a week for Kieff to have a subpar game to react to people's posts. If tonight's line is bad, it proves u know nothing about fantasy basketball (6/7/3/2 with a three is usable) :rolleyes: BTW Kieff is rank 65 in 9 cat in the past 2 weeks, not everyone plays in your format 12 cat format.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

With Oubre/Austin out and Ariza in, what's everyone's opinion on how this affects Markieff? My guess is Markieff should see 30+ more often and get more usage in the 2nd unit. Thoughts?

54 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

With Oubre/Austin out and Ariza in, what's everyone's opinion on how this affects Markieff? My guess is Markieff should see 30+ more often and get more usage in the 2nd unit. Thoughts?

We can only hope

4 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

What are you talking about? I don't have a 30+ minute games category so that's irrelevant. His minutes obviously go up slightly but he won't average 30 when everyone is healthy and that's what matters. 

do we think he can back into a groove? jeff green is starting over him and ariza will take some minutes as well. he hasnt been palying well even without porter and debating if hes still worth holding!

hes got a great PO sched, plus can provide that 1/1/1

• Haha 1