Sign in to follow this  
buboytorre

Stephen Curry 2018-19 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Any projection on this guy? Will he be healthy this season? 70+ games attainable this season? I am planning to draft him using my 5th Pick since i think Davis,Harden,KAT and Giannis will be drafted 1-4 in our 10-Team Cat 9 H2H league.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curry is who he is at this point. With KD in town, he won't go back to his insane MVP seasons but he's a lock for top 7 value. On a per game basis, he's a top 3 player but freak injuries and guaranteed rest days bring him down a bit. I'd assume something like 26/6/5 with ~4 triples, 2 stls and elite %s is what you'll get this year again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he’s slightly underrated.  He was a top 3 value on a per game basis last season and the warriors have a favorable PO schedule such that even if he misses a game in the final couple weeks that just puts him on par with other teams.  Just fade catastrophic injury and he’ll exceed his ADP even at 5th.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think he’s slightly underrated.  He was a top 3 value on a per game basis last season and the warriors have a favorable PO schedule such that even if he misses a game in the final couple weeks that just puts him on par with other teams.  Just fade catastrophic injury and he’ll exceed his ADP even at 5th.  

 

Yeah, Curry's one of the guy's going outside the top 5 picks that has a realistic shot of producing #1 overall value if he stays healthy and an injury were to strike one KD, Green, or Klay, which would likely boost his stats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have short memories. Yes, last season he played about 50 games but before that he played like 79, 82, 79.. and that's after his previous ankle injury. It's very possible he bounces back and gives us 72-75 games and provides top 5 value. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fabrar said:

freak injuries and guaranteed rest days bring him down a bit.

 

I don't think "freak injuries" is a legit knock on any player...anyone in the league can have a freak injury.

 

Steph is actually insanely durable compared to most any other PGs.

 

Aside from his 2011 and last year, he has played 80, 74, 78, 78, 80, 79, and 79 games.

 

He's nowhere close to being a Kyrie/CP3 guy who is only good for 60 game a year.  When he plays, he plays.

 

I think Curry owners can go to sleep easy with the pick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, alexstr said:

 

I don't think "freak injuries" is a legit knock on any player...anyone in the league can have a freak injury.

 

Steph is actually insanely durable compared to most any other PGs.

 

Aside from his 2011 and last year, he has played 80, 74, 78, 78, 80, 79, and 79 games.

 

He's nowhere close to being a Kyrie/CP3 guy who is only good for 60 game a year.  When he plays, he plays.

 

I think Curry owners can go to sleep easy with the pick.

They can - right up until about week 20 and 21 when he "injures" something and Kerr starts to sit him. I had KD last year and same thing happened. I won't touch a warrior in the first round. I don't care if on per game basis Curry and KD will very likely finish above towns or jokic, i will take either of them over the warriors stars. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owned KD & Curry last year. Needless to say my team absolutly died on me first round of playoffs.

 

As much as I love Steph I simply can’t go through that again. Some may see that PO schedule as favourable but I see it as the opposite. Curry could get games, if not a week off at one time and I cant go through that again.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Owned KD & Curry last year. Needless to say my team absolutly died on me first round of playoffs.

 

As much as I love Steph I simply can’t go through that again. Some may see that PO schedule as favourable but I see it as the opposite. Curry could get games, if not a week off at one time and I cant go through that again.

There is 0 chance he takes a week off if he's not injured.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Owned KD & Curry last year. Needless to say my team absolutly died on me first round of playoffs.

 

As much as I love Steph I simply can’t go through that again. Some may see that PO schedule as favourable but I see it as the opposite. Curry could get games, if not a week off at one time and I cant go through that again.

Same.  But if I can get Curry and Durant on the same team, both at a discount I’ll take that risk every time.  At a minimum I know I’m making the playoffs and from there it’s anyone’s game.  Rest days can happen to anyone which is why H2H is a crap shoot.  If that’s intolerable then we can just play roto. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In H2H i'm avoiding Curry (and Durant), the Warriors playoff schedule is poor IMO. 2/5/3 for the standard yahoo weeks... So if you don't get a bye, you are at a disadvantage week 1. Week 2 you might get 4 games, possibly 3 with alternating rest on the 2 back to back sets. Assuming Houston regresses a bit with less defense on the roster and an aging Carmelo. Do the Warriors need to push for seeding, do they even care about it much anymore? What about focusing on integrating Cousins going into actual playoffs and KD/Steph relaxing? 

 

And 3 games championship week is the norm... Cook showed he was more than capable to back up or spot start last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BMart519 said:

In H2H i'm avoiding Curry (and Durant), the Warriors playoff schedule is poor IMO. 2/5/3 for the standard yahoo weeks... So if you don't get a bye, you are at a disadvantage week 1. Week 2 you might get 4 games, possibly 3 with alternating rest on the 2 back to back sets. Assuming Houston regresses a bit with less defense on the roster and an aging Carmelo. Do the Warriors need to push for seeding, do they even care about it much anymore? What about focusing on integrating Cousins going into actual playoffs and KD/Steph relaxing? 

 

And 3 games championship week is the norm... Cook showed he was more than capable to back up or spot start last year. 

 

Curry played 79+ games for 3 straight years before getting hurt last year... everyone is really overblowing the Warriors resting their guys when healthy. Plus given how close the Houston series was last year I think they have extra incentive to lock up the 1 seed for home court advantage.

 

I'd be much more worried about Curry sitting out 4th quarters and Cousins taking touches than frequent resting (barring injury).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't draft Curry the last two years but I swung trades for him last season and the season before that. I also happened to have CP3 on those two teams as well, and in the first round of the fantasy playoffs both of those guys f***ed me. Have fun trying to figure out if he's going to play or not in the fantasy playoffs. I'm not touching him anymore with the team as stacked as it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I didn't draft Curry the last two years but I swung trades for him last season and the season before that. I also happened to have CP3 on those two teams as well, and in the first round of the fantasy playoffs both of those guys f***ed me. Have fun trying to figure out if he's going to play or not in the fantasy playoffs. I'm not touching him anymore with the team as stacked as it is.

 

I know the risk of getting Curry (rest games / injuries) that is why i am hesitant to draft him using the 5th pick. Just curious, who will you get for that pick? Jokic? Durant? Lebron? i think getting Curry at 5th pick is not that bad..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First year owning Curry, dropped to me at 7th so decided to go for it.

Hoping for a good season :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 3:49 AM, buboytorre said:

 

I know the risk of getting Curry (rest games / injuries) that is why i am hesitant to draft him using the 5th pick. Just curious, who will you get for that pick? Jokic? Durant? Lebron? i think getting Curry at 5th pick is not that bad..  

I think Jokic should be a top 5 pick in every format this season, man knows how to play. Also, i wouldnt take lebron with pick 5 so i would go Jokic, durant, curry then lebron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful line for his first game!  Hopefully he stays healthy all year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me he is still the best player all around to start your draft....

 

Great %s, ok TOs and Reb for a PG, PTS, 3s, solid Ast. and Stl. . 

 

You don't have to pick up some wing-scrubs late too push your 3s. cause he's that good.

 

The other Top 8 guys  all have major holes in their game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.