• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
crazybob60

Derrick Favors 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Looks like he may be returning to the starting lineup after he signed with the Jazz again.

Last season he actually stayed healthy most of the season and came away  playing in 77 contests and averaging 12.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.1 blocks in 28.0 minutes per contest while shooting a career-best 56.3 percent from the field.

I don't see him greatly improving upon those number this season, but he will probably stay right around the same or maybe a tick up.  My projection is:  13/8/1.5/1.

Thoughts on Favors this season?

• Like 3

I dont think his stats will improve this season because of Crowder getting a few more minutes at the 4. 

At the half of this Jazz-Kings pre season game Favors has posted a 9 point, 11 Reb, 1/1/1 (3, Blk, Stl) on 4-4 shooting. 

I'd like to see him more involved in the offense though. 3 baskets were either tip ins or alley hoop dunks. Then again if he can just be a rim finisher, protector and glass cleaner there is some value here. And if his improved 3 point emphasis is real and not a fancy off season dream there might be something to this guy being relevant this year especially considering where he is going in drafts. I got him 130th overall in my 12 team H2H 8 cat Dynasty league. With a 130th overall price tag I'm kind of excited about him. 

Ive been out of the game for a few years so i was shocked to see favors have an ADP of 133. 

He was a beast two or years ago going in the earlier rounds... what happened? I understand the emergence of gobert probably has a role to play in that.

is there a chance for him to get back to early round those levels?

12 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Ive been out of the game for a few years so i was shocked to see favors have an ADP of 133. 

He was a beast two or years ago going in the earlier rounds... what happened? I understand the emergence of gobert probably has a role to play in that.

He bought the wrong mattress a couple years ago and it's been all downhill since then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Utah's still figuring out different ways they could use him in this offense with him and Gobert out there. He's a really good rim runner but so is Gobert. So they're trying to utilize D-Fav more on the perimeter and have him develop a 3 point shot and that still feels like a work in progress( he did go 2 of 3 in the preseason so that's at least encouraging).

I'm gonna pick him up. I think he's a solid end of roster guy, especially if you need a big.

2 minutes ago, msnwong said:

I'm gonna pick him up. I think he's a solid end of roster guy, especially if you need a big.

Yeah if you can get him late he's definitely worth it, if Rudy get's injured(which hopefully doesn't happen) but if it does he's fantasy value explodes.

• Like 1

Does anyone plan on holding this guy ROS? Minutes are not looking good and Cedi is available for pickup....

4 minutes ago, Isaacxhan said:

Does anyone plan on holding this guy ROS? Minutes are not looking good and Cedi is available for pickup....

Cedi has WAY more upside. I would probably make that pickup if it were me. Although, I am not quite ready to give up on Favors just yet. I think he will still have value this season. But, I may eat my words in a few months too...

Cheers

Edited by JBizFree

Cedi is a must-pickup, but I'd look for someone else to drop. Favors having a good night and I liked the look of him in the preseason.

Just now, terribleswedes said:

Cedi is a must-pickup, but I'd look for someone else to drop. Favors having a good night and I liked the look of him in the preseason.

What do you think about Gay or Isaac on a punt assist team? Really having trouble deciding and don’t want to miss out on the Cedi hype train

Just now, Isaacxhan said:

What do you think about Gay or Isaac on a punt assist team? Really having trouble deciding and don’t want to miss out on the Cedi hype train

I dunno, man. I'm not as high on Isaac as some. I'd try the assistant coach forum.

1 hour ago, JooCraig said:

Buy low? 

If it wasn't for 3 fouls in 1st quarter he would have had a very solid game. Idk about "buy low" but if you can trade someone low end for him or if you need a big man then Favors will produce all year long for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

If it wasn't for 3 fouls in 1st quarter he would have had a very solid game. Idk about "buy low" but if you can trade someone low end for him or if you need a big man then Favors will produce all year long for you.

True. I’m sure there are some impatient unhappy owners out there with him already though. 

On 10/17/2018 at 11:47 PM, croydonfacelift said:

I love coming the the Derrick Favors thread and the last three posts are about Cedi, Gay and Isaac. Never change Rotoworld forums.

Cedi is looking like a smart pick too solid all around game

Would rank them Cedi>Gay>Isaac in pts Cedi>Isaac>Gay in roto

• Confused 1

This guy is floating in my waiver 

I don’t know what to do

im a 13 cat and 3 bench 1 Ir 

i told the GM we bed more bench spot he doesn’t think so. 

I am not even sure who I would drop for him 

Edited by krest509

2 minutes ago, krest509 said:

This guy is floating in my waiver 

I don’t know what to do

im a 13 cat and 3 bench 1 Ir 

i told the GM we bed more bench spot he doesn’t think so. 

I am not even sure who I would drop for him 

Drop Jordan Howard for him, COMPLETE BUM! :P

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Cedi is looking like a smart pick too solid all around game

Would rank them Cedi>Gay>Isaac in pts Cedi>Isaac>Gay in roto

I'd rank Cedi > Favors > Gay > Isaac

1 minute ago, JBizFree said:

Drop Jordan Howard for him, COMPLETE BUM! :P

I’m serious man lol I’m new to FFBB still learning 

I posted a question and my team from the coach help I’m just looking for serious help. 

Is everyone still holding? Seeing Crowder trend up on the team and closing out games instead of Favors. Do we think Crowder eventually takes the starting gig from Favors?

6 minutes ago, reverb said:

Is everyone still holding? Seeing Crowder trend up on the team and closing out games instead of Favors. Do we think Crowder eventually takes the starting gig from Favors?

Even if he goes to the bench, he'll still get around mid 20s. Might help to play against second units too. 

50 minutes ago, orlgln said:

Even if he goes to the bench, he'll still get around mid 20s. Might help to play against second units too. 

I second this. 

I'd imagine playing similar minutes in lineups without Gobert would give him a better chance at matching last year's productivity when Gobert was out. 

Edited by aijuswanaseing