crazybob60

Derrick Favors 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

this guy is playing well, he's my FG% anchor
he's much more than rosterable, he's a must own imo

Gobert was ejected early in this match

He's a very nice complimentary piece to your team's studs.  He helps my other bigs secure stocks and FG% for the week.  The FT% also hasn't been an issue since he doesn't take them in bulk.

Also a very nice handcuff for when Gobert rage on water bottles.

• Haha 1

His rebounds and blocks have been very solid and his free throws have been respectable. Very underrated contributor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyjew said:

What caused him for that uptick in PT? 

Because he’s BALLING!

• Haha 1

Got his athleticism back, dunking on fools left and right

• Like 1

Ho hum...25,5,1 3 stocks..9/11fg 6/6 ft

what a late season surge!!  Favors will be on a lot of winning teams👍🏻

• Like 1

The reputation seems that he's old, maybe because he's had a lot of injuries in the past.  But I checked he's only 27!  Definitely talented when healthy.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

The reputation seems that he's old, maybe because he's had a lot of injuries in the past.  But I checked he's only 27!  Definitely talented when healthy.  

yea didn't they trade millsap and al Jefferson because they had favors? or maybe one of them just walked in f/a

This guy was putting up 16/9 with 1.2 stls and 1.5 blks on 51% shooting in 2016. His injuries derailed him a bit but let's not forget that he was really, really good just 2 years ago. If he is on the verge of a full recovery and getting his athleticism back, then I see no reason why he can't put up numbers like that again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

yea didn't they trade millsap and al Jefferson because they had favors? or maybe one of them just walked in f/a

I am a Jazz fan, and disagreed with them at the time, but per usual the Jazz front office rarely makes mistakes. They let Millsap/Jefferson walk for nothing bc they wanted to develop Gobert/Favors.  The didn't bother trading them bc they didn't want to take on "bad money".  They believed anyone they could get for Millsap/Jefferson would be a mediocre player who they wouldn't be rostering in five years.  So rather than doing that, they just let them leave.  At the time, hardly anyone knew about Gobert so it seemed a bad move.  How does it seem now?  Don't answer-it was a rhetorical question.  There's a reason why the Jazz consistently put a good team on the floor despite being one of the poorest ownership groups in a relatively small city most NBA players don't want to live in.

Favors used to be one of the, if not, the franchise player. Players like this play with a different mindset. Great to see him posting great numbers again. Gladly gonna start him in the first round of playoffs next week 😁

18,7,7??  Say what?!   This late season run will bump up his price next year....  just beasting!