jay14bay

Preseason Hot Takes

Who looks good, who looks bad?  I haven't had a chance to watch.

Good: Ayton, miles bridges, Alonzo tried, Lavine, JV, sga, jjj, siakam, Osman, cp3, Whiteside, Conley, Fultz, Knox, Giles, Josh Jackson, Willy & Cody

Bad: Hezonja, Bagley, trae (just his shooting, tbe), Frank nitty, Bender

Preseason at its finest...

• Like 5

Of all the players you can get cheaply Ingles has played the best. 

Of all the hyped players Jarrett Allen has played the worse.

No need talking about superstars in the preseason imo, it’s meaningless to them.

• Like 4

Jabari Parker has looked like rotten and stale skunk manure

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We somehow forgot about Doncic and DSJ who looked great against the "Ducks" need to see them against NBA competition and w DJ black

58 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Jabari Parker has looked like rotten and stale skunk manure

That’s because he sucks.  

• Like 1

Cedi Osman looks like the best passer on the Cavs, especially off a PnR with him as a handler. 

Miles Bridges looks solid,  Big Willy wants minutes

The Bucks starting 5 is scary under Bud

Boston has more talent than it can give minutes and shots to (Hayward looks lost)

Memphis and Lakers backcourt looks like time shares galore IMO

JV looks like he’s having fun for the first time in years

• Like 7

Add JJ Redick, Ingram, and Sabonis to the players you can get the last half of drafts that should provide value.  I strongly think that Redick and RoCo will hold value.  Correspondeningly I don’t trust Fultz’s ascendancy.  We all know that Redick can score 18ppg with 2.5 threes on exceptional efficiency.  It’s difficult for him to improve bc he provides nothing else but he should provide value at the end of drafts.  Getting players such as him, Fournier, or Gordon are one reason why I don’t pick SGs until the last possible moment allowing me to focus on pgs and bigs.  

Ingram looks amazing in the preseason and the Lakers look a lot more fun than I initially thought.  They’re replete with passers and have great ball movement which generally means improved stats for everyone.

Finally, Sabonis isn’t a great defender but should be good for 14/7 or something in that neighborhood which puts him around the value of Saric and he can be had in the last two rounds of drafts.  Correspondingly I’m not high on Turner as I think Young, Sabonis, and Turner will all be capped around 30 ppg each.  In order to improve Turner would have to improve in points or rebounds because he’s already playing to his potential in blocks and efficiency.  Now with Reke in the fold I don’t see his usage going up and that’s particularly true if Sabonis gets more minutes.  I could see him getting more boards through will and effort but not if he’s on the perimeter on offense and chasing blocks on defense.  In brief I don’t foresee him being better than 14/7 with 2 blocks and 1 three on elite efficiency which puts him inside the top 50 but no more.  I see people reaching for him in the third round in which case I see more disappointment for his owners. 

• Like 4

Just now, greatestmetfan said:

Danilo Gallinari will be fantasy relevant (please stay healthy so this post ages well)

Hell yeah. I wouldn’t be surprised if he cracked top 50.  He’s done it before and he has all the opportunity in the world.  I’m a little concerned bc there’s talk he might play some 5 in which case he will get absolutely beat up.  That’s good for his playing time but bad for his resiliciency.  I foresee 18/8 with 2.5 threes and absurd FT% impact.  People neglect that he shot 93% last season on 4 attempts which is just absurd.  If he stays on the court that could go up to 6 attempts which means if that remains stable he could miss a FT only every third game!  I have him in a dynasty league where I went stars n scrubs with Curry and Durant as my main pieces and guys like collison, ingles, LouWill, Vuc, Gallo, to fill out the rest of my roster.  I actually think that given my budget I did a great job finding role players and Gallo will play a big part of that if healthy.  The one downside to Gallo is that he has zero trade value.  If you’re the idiot who took a risk on him it means no one else wanted to be that idiot. Considering I’ve cashed many leagues punting FG and taking Gallo I’m willing to be that idiot. 

Miles Bridges has looked like the best rookie so far, even more so than Luka and Ayton. I am very confident that he will be a top 100 player.

Tobias Harris will take another big step and become a top 25 player - he's improved every year he's been in the league and this is a contract year for him. 

Cedi Osman will provide great value and could possible become a top 75 guy. To say the Cavs are thin on talent is an understatement. This guy is the real deal, Lebron loves him and he's a hard worker. Breakout year incoming.

Fultz will flop in the regular season again.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fabrar said:

Miles Bridges has looked like the best rookie so far, even more so than Luka and Ayton. I am very confident that he will be a top 100 player.

Tobias Harris will take another big step and become a top 25 player - he's improved every year he's been in the league and this is a contract year for him. 

Cedi Osman will provide great value and could possible become a top 75 guy. To say the Cavs are thin on talent is an understatement. This guy is the real deal, Lebron loves him and he's a hard worker. Breakout year incoming.

Fultz will flop in the regular season again.

I think the question with Bridges is going to be the defensive stats, but not too worried about it if you're getting him with your last few picks.  

It looks as if the entire Magic front court is going to eat.  Mo Bamba and Vuc don’t need more than 24 mpg to have good value.  Even on 24 MPG Vuc is going to get his 16/8/1/1/1 and Bamba is going to be a poor man’s turner.  Gordon looks really good per usual.  Of these I’m the most keen on Vuc.  He’s has very realistic potential for top 30 value and he’s going around 60 in a lot of drafts.  As someone who lives near Orlando and also has an eye for Europeans, if you haven’t watched Vuc you should.  I know he’s been in the league for a while but I still think he’s underrated still. I don’t think it’s a case of him being a high usage player on a bad team, I legit think Vuc is exceptional.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

Hezonja has looked like an absolute turd so far.

thinking of dropping him already for the likes of siakam or bridges. coach seem more keen to play thomas than him.

Hot hands for Grayson Allen. Might get sixth man minutes.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 3:51 AM, StifleTower2 said:

It looks as if the entire Magic front court is going to eat.  Mo Bamba and Vuc don’t need more than 24 mpg to have good value.  Even on 24 MPG Vuc is going to get his 16/8/1/1/1 and Bamba is going to be a poor man’s turner.  Gordon looks really good per usual.  Of these I’m the most keen on Vuc.  He’s has very realistic potential for top 30 value and he’s going around 60 in a lot of drafts.  As someone who lives near Orlando and also has an eye for Europeans, if you haven’t watched Vuc you should.  I know he’s been in the league for a while but I still think he’s underrated still. I don’t think it’s a case of him being a high usage player on a bad team, I legit think Vuc is exceptional.  

Yeah I totally agree with this. I think he is one of the most underrated centres in the game. His team just sucks and for some reason they never seemed to full want to commit to him being a major building block of their team. As a raptors fan I've always wanted Vucevic in place of JV. Much better player IMO - He understands the game - high B-ball IQ.

• Like 3

Bloody hell I have to bring this guy up again...

Alex Len.

He's a terrible player but there's literally not other decent C on the team

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Kamura said:

Bloody hell I have to bring this guy up again...

Alex Len.

He's a terrible player but there's literally not other decent C on the team

Thoughts?

He's gonna eat until Dedmon comes back, which should be sometime in the first two weeks, then its probably an even time share split with the slight edge to Dedmon.  

Rudy gay---he play well in pre-season,you can draft him in last round

• Like 4